playoff scenario II

combatbengal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All four games are rematches. The Ravens beat the Bengals, 31-24, in Baltimore on Nov. 20.

On a bulls**t call. We should of had that game.

Yes it was a BS call. I've seen several plays since where the runner dives and the ball breaks the plane and they fumble while they are in the air but it's a TD since it was brought in from the field of play. I think MVick had one a few weeks back. We need these fluky things to go our way this time.

Also, it looks like we'll know the Jets outcome around the start of our game since they play at 1pm. Im not sure if I like that or not. Denver and Oakland play at 4:15pm.

From Peter King, SI

AFC: Pats clinch top seed with home win over Buffalo -- and they haven't lost to Bills in Foxboro since Tom Brady was a third-string rookie in 2000 ... Ravens (8-0 at home, 3-4 on road) clinch the second seed with victory at Cincinnati, which would make Pittsburgh the fifth seed. But a Ravens loss and Steelers win at Cleveland makes Pittsburgh two and Baltimore five ... Houston is locked in as the three seed ... Denver wins the West and fourth seed by beating KC at home. Oakland wins the West and fourth seed with a win over San Diego and Denver loss ... The sixth seed? Only 943 possibilities, give or take a dozen, but the Bengals clinch it with a home win over Baltimore (anyone in Cincinnati care?), and beyond that, the Raiders and Jets and Titans are still alive.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/25/week.16/index.html#ixzz1hg8x2BZp

Put me in the camp that doesn't give a sh*t how we manage to get into the playoffs. Would it be nice to just beat Baltimore and head into the playoffs on an upbeat ?? Sure it would, but at the same time, getting into the playoffs on the backend is STILL THE FREAKIN PLAYOFFS and will send us to Houston to face a very beatable Texans team.

People are quick to forget how poorly they all (including me) thought this team was going to do this year.

Just get to the playoffs any way they can and then worry about that game.

Just to step back and savor the moment.

With a Rookie QB, Rookie WR, a Rookie Off. Coodinator, our best DB out for the season, our best slot guy out for the season, our best OG out for the season, no OTAs, NO Mimi Camp to install a brand new offense, we are still sitting here week 17 in control of our own playoff destiny with 2 first round picks and 10-11 total draft picks in one of the strongest drafts in years, this was a season to be thankful for. However this plays out, who woulda thunk it coming into the season.

Who Dey and looking forward to a bright future regardless.

With a Rookie QB, Rookie WR, a Rookie Off. Coodinator, our best DB out for the season, our best slot guy out for the season, our best OG out for the season, no OTAs, NO Mimi Camp to install a brand new offense, we are still sitting here week 17 in control of our own playoff destiny with 2 first round picks and 10-11 total draft picks in one of the strongest drafts in years, this was a season to be thankful for. However this plays out, who woulda thunk it coming into the season.

Amazing...

Amazing...

Absolutely. But all of that said...the team's success this year has made me greedy. Expectations have risen. If you'd asked me four months ago if I'd take 9-7, I would have said, in a heartbeat. Now, I want 10-6 and that wild card spot.

Do I want 10-6 and that last wild card spot ?? ABSOLUTELY.

Would I take 9-7 and that last wild card spot with some help ?? ABSOLUTELY.

Would I still be happy we aren't the worst f*cking team in the league and managed a winning season with all the reasons already listed ?? ABSOLUTELY AGAIN !!!

Will I be disappointed we didn't get to the playoffs ??

I'm hoping we don't need to worry about that...

Pretty much where I am. 100%.

At the very least we're being treated to an exciting week of buildup, etc and probably an exciting game with a raucous crowd on the season's final week and that doesn't happen much around here