Still no love!!

combatbengal

Come out of the next four at 8-4 and the love wil be there.

Not necessarily. If the two loses are Pittsburgh and Baltimore, then, even at 8-4, the love will not be there. Need to take at least one of those.

If we get to 8-4 we'd have to beat Balt/Pitt at least once, since 3 of the next 4 games involve those two teams

Granted, but I don't think we can lose the next two in a row, if the media 'love' is what we're considering here, nor do I think either the Steelers or Ravens can sweep us and the Bengals retain/gain any respect. We split with either and manage to sweep the other, only then do I think any 'love' will come our way.

Actually, thinking about it, again focusing only on the topic of media love as this thread pertains, we lose to the Browns, only way that's forgiven is, in my opinion, if we win both the next two. Media can chalk a Browns loss to being beaten up next two games.

In fact, to maintain/gain any more media love, the Bengals, in my view, HAVE to beat Cleveland, win one against the Steelers OR Ravens, and make the other two very competitive.

But I can be wrong, and have been often.

Come out of the next four at 8-4 and the love wil be there.

Not necessarily. If the two loses are Pittsburgh and Baltimore, then, even at 8-4, the love will not be there. Need to take at least one of those.

If we get to 8-4 we'd have to beat Balt/Pitt at least once, since 3 of the next 4 games involve those two teams

That's my point. I assume they will beat the Browns. Then they need to win at least one of the other three against the Steelers or the Ravens in that stretch. If the split with Pittsburgh they would have a lot going for them with tie-breakers, etc with the final game at home vs. the Ravens in their favor.

If they split the remaining 8 games, they would be 10-6 and have a great shot at the playoffs. Then and only then will they feel the love of the national media.

F*ck the Media's "Love"

They're a bunch of B*tches.....even if they "give love" to the Bengals, they'll take it right back (and then some) the first chance they get.

Don't need it....They're doing just fine without it.

Let's face it, because of their past, the Bengals will never be viewed by the Media the same way as the Pats, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, etc., unless they do it for a few years straight.

I don't care about "the love"....the only reason I'd want it would be if it lead to more Nationally Televised Games, aside from that....F*ck 'Em

I saw the Peter King mid-season awards-- Peter up to his old tricks, praising Bengals only after they're no longer Bengals. He had JJoseph and JSmith as midseason all-Pros.

of course, Peter has to type 5500 words and doesn't have time to actually watch guys play....I watched Justin Smith in the game v. Bengals, having heard that he'd stepped it up since he left Cincy, but I was underwhelmed. Same old Justin, to me-- good effort, half a step behind. All-Pro? he must have had some better games than that one. Maybe the guy that made Justin look so ordinary deserved the All-Pro more? but no love for Andrew Whitworth...

I saw the Peter King mid-season awards-- Peter up to his old tricks, praising Bengals only after they're no longer Bengals. He had JJoseph and JSmith as midseason all-Pros.

of course, Peter has to type 5500 words and doesn't have time to actually watch guys play....I watched Justin Smith in the game v. Bengals, having heard that he'd stepped it up since he left Cincy, but I was underwhelmed. Same old Justin, to me-- good effort, half a step behind. All-Pro? he must have had some better games than that one. Maybe the guy that made Justin look so ordinary deserved the All-Pro more? but no love for Andrew Whitworth...

They play the Cards Hawks and Rams. No stud OTs that come to mind.

I think the coverage in the NFL is becoming more like Inside Edition or Access Hollywood. They would rather bludgeon Tony Romo and the Eagles than talk about a surprise success story in the Bengals. If the team had their streak at the beginning of the year like Detroit and Buffalo I believe people would have taken notice. But losing the 2nd and 3rd games to Denver who is not good and SF who was still a mystery at the time minimized what they did after that. But on the positive at least they aren't being ripped and ridiculed anymore and have things in their control at this point.

Another aspect of the "no love" for the Bengals is the minimal amount of replay footage shown immediately after the games on all of the shows, especially ESPN. Does anyone know if they are bound to the same rules as the local TV stations regarding the amount of actual video they are allowed to show? I seem to remember that a few years ago the league decided that local channels are only allowed to show 30 seconds of content and that the NFL controls all of the actual material that they use. It seems like ESPN is only showing one or two clips of all the games including the so-called top teams.

Well some of the media guys have picked the bengals to win this weekend, and well one of them is Peter King.....uh i hate when they pick the bengals.

Well at least i heard one guy on Nfl Network say the bengals will be on the downslide now that they have there tough schedule. He said that Andy will be running for his life when Pitt and the Ravens line up on the other side LOL. Least there is still some hate out there LOL.

I listened to a couple of guys on a Fox radio show discuss our game yesterday. One guy was middle of the road. The other was downgrading the bengals and wouldn't let it go. They haven't played anyone , they had to come from behind, look at the QBs they have faced.....

I get that sentiment to a point but he was pissing me off. So here are some positives.

Rookie QB with no camp, Rookie WR with no camp, missed games by Bobby, Cedric and the Simpson thing, first year OC with no camp, injuries to Gresham, Rey, Shipley and others, lost JJo to FA, start the season with back to back road games, come back after the bye with two road games, they have broken numerous team losing streaks each week, defeated Buffalo when they were the darling of the AFC, gave SF one of their toughest games....did I miss any?

I listened to a couple of guys on a Fox radio show discuss our game yesterday. One guy was middle of the road. The other was downgrading the bengals and wouldn't let it go. They haven't played anyone , they had to come from behind, look at the QBs they have faced.....

I get that sentiment to a point but he was pissing me off. So here are some positives.

Rookie QB with no camp, Rookie WR with no camp, missed games by Bobby, Cedric and the Simpson thing, first year OC with no camp, injuries to Gresham, Rey, Shipley and others, lost JJo to FA, start the season with back to back road games, come back after the bye with two road games, they have broken numerous team losing streaks each week, defeated Buffalo when they were the darling of the AFC, gave SF one of their toughest games....did I miss any?

Yeah.

Teams simply DO NOT fall out of bed and end up 6-2. The prognositcators fear things that make their job harder, therefore try and downgrade them at first opportunity. No need to actually watch the games or do analysis anymore. We're just gonna let the games play out and state the obvious.

Oh, and what's that, prognosticators? The Lions were 6-2 in 2006 at one point and didn't make the playoffs? Yeah, well we have something called a f**king defense.

This team is going to the playoffs....dicks.

Yea im hearing alot of guys saying that Andy will be nervous tomorrow and not as good, because the steelers will scare him. All i know is if the o-line gives Andy time, he will be able to find guys to throw too. So the o-line better step up big this week!

I do think this week is a big test for this team, and we will find out how prepared this team is, how good Marvin got these young guys playing, and just how bad they want it! They need to come out and play like a desperate team, play each game like its a playoff game.

:lmao:

The no camp argument might have worked in week 2, but being week 10 that's out the window. Training camp practices were replaced with real games. Anyone who has actually watched the Bengals games could see the progression that happened from week to week, and how the offensive playbook has blossomed. The first couple weeks everything was as vanilla as a high school playbook, now the Bengals are running a full force West Coast offense.

You got to love those highlight reel experts.