Media Shift

skyline

Good news for sky: Jason Cole is still a dink!

Anybody who went to see the Cincinnati-Jacksonville game, sorry, but that’s three hours of your life you will never get back. Surprisingly, the game was relatively exciting, but that Benny Hill, comedy-of-errors play at the end was proof that this contest belonged as the first in a long list of undercard games. Yeah, yeah, the Bengals are 3-2 and have something promising with Andy Dalton and A.J. Green, but that doesn’t make them good yet.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news for sky: Jason Cole is still a dink!

Anybody who went to see the Cincinnati-Jacksonville game, sorry, but that's three hours of your life you will never get back. Surprisingly, the game was relatively exciting, but that Benny Hill, comedy-of-errors play at the end was proof that this contest belonged as the first in a long list of undercard games. Yeah, yeah, the Bengals are 3-2 and have something promising with Andy Dalton and A.J. Green, but that doesn't make them good yet.

*sighs in relief*

Thanks, Jason Cole! You're my new hero! :D

Don Banks continues with the mea culpas:

With the possible exception of the last-place and going nowhere Rams, there's no team I misjudged more than the Bengals. That would be the 4-2 Bengals, who have already matched their season win total from all of 2010. I had Cincinnati being the worst team in the NFL this season, but I was misinformed.

Not only are the Bengals playing .667 ball entering their Week 7 bye, they play a winnable game at Seattle in Week 8 coming out of their break. I'm incredibly impressed with rookie quarterback Andy Dalton so far, and he keeps getting better by the week. Dalton started off a cool 18 of 22 for 201 yards and a touchdown in the win over the Colts, and he stayed pretty hot, finishing 25 of 32 for 264 yards, with one touchdown and no picks.

At what point might Dalton's production even over-take the statistics being put up this season by fellow rookie quarterback Cam Newton? So far, on the only scoreboard that really matters, the Bengals own four wins, and the Panthers are 1-5.

With the possible exception of the last-place and going nowhere Rams, there's no team I misjudged more than the Bengals. That would be the 4-2 Bengals, who have already matched their season win total from all of 2010. I had Cincinnati being the worst team in the NFL this season, but I was misinformed.

Not only are the Bengals playing .667 ball entering their Week 7 bye, they play a winnable game at Seattle in Week 8 coming out of their break. I'm incredibly impressed with rookie quarterback Andy Dalton so far, and he keeps getting better by the week. Dalton started off a cool 18 of 22 for 201 yards and a touchdown in the win over the Colts, and he stayed pretty hot, finishing 25 of 32 for 264 yards, with one touchdown and no picks.

At what point might Dalton's production even over-take the statistics being put up this season by fellow rookie quarterback Cam Newton? So far, on the only scoreboard that really matters, the Bengals own four wins, and the Panthers are 1-5.

I wonder if he spit or swallowed at the end of that piece.

I guess it was only a matter of time. If we have success against Pittsburgh and Baltimore this will turn into a real event.

I guess it was only a matter of time. If we have success against Pittsburgh and Baltimore this will turn into a real event.

Is that when everyone in the world stops moving except like 6 people who wonder around for like months trying to figure out WTF is going on? If that is going to happen I might have to quit rooting for the Bengals...unless I am going to be one of the 6 and the other 5 are all hot chicks.

Is that when everyone in the world stops moving except like 6 people who wonder around for like months trying to figure out WTF is going on? If that is going to happen I might have to quit rooting for the Bengals...unless I am going to be one of the 6 and the other 5 are all hot chicks.

You've been drinkin' ain't cha?

Sorry you said real event, I mistook it for that M. Night Shamalan movie 'The Happening" with Mark Goldberg. I am getting senile in my old age.

On a side note if anyone is a writer or has any ties to the movie industry let me know! I am working on a treatment for a movie!

Hey, let's just give Don some props for happily eating crow. I'm still waiting for the Two Stooges (Mike & Mike) to admit they were wrong, much less for Peter "skunk hair" King to spare some time to watch a Bengals game.

Heck, 4 more wins and they'll make me look like a douche. (mem? derek? hair? any of you want to hit that softball? :lol:)

Hey, let's just give Don some props for happily eating crow. I'm still waiting for the Two Stooges (Mike & Mike) to admit they were wrong, much less for Peter "skunk hair" King to spare some time to watch a Bengals game.

Heck, 4 more wins and they'll make me look like a douche. (mem? derek? hair? any of you want to hit that softball? :lol:)

Well Florio is starting to come to the darkside so Penis King shouldn't be too far behind. Amazing a guy can be so disgruntled for being fired eons ago in Cincinnati. He needs to bring one of his journals to Cincinnati and bury it in the ground during some kind of ceremony showing he has let things go.

Wikipedia doesn't say much about King, but Hoosier did you know:

King is a graduate of Ohio University's E.W. Scripps School of Journalism in Athens, OH.

FAIL! No wonder he is such a douche!

I predicted before the season that they'd win 2, maybe three games

Glad to be wrong :-)

I did not think the defense would return to playing so well from being so poor last year, and I did not expect anything from the rookie QB or the rookie wideout, who are both among the top performing rookies so far this year.

If we could just get some push in the running game.....but hey, no, I think I will just enjoy what they have accomplished so far, even w/o a running game

I did not think the defense would return to playing so well from being so poor last year, and I did not expect anything from the rookie QB or the rookie wideout, who are both among the top performing rookies so far this year.

If we could just get some push in the running game.....but hey, no, I think I will just enjoy what they have accomplished so far, even w/o a running game

So you like your sundaes with fudge topping but no whipped cream and a cherry on top? You need to watch that Coke Zero commercial over and over again, where the guy always ask..."and?"

I did expect a little, but not this. I totally under estimated Dalton and Green. Their future is so bright, they need to wear shades. B)

I did expect a little, but not this. I totally under estimated Dalton and Green. Their future is so bright, they need to wear shades. B)

No, no sir, you just dated your age.

No, no sir, you just dated your age.

It appears I Timbuked myself.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY&ob=av3e

Vegas had the Bengals at 5.5 wins. I thought the Bengals were pretty capable of 6 wins, but the way the national media was killing Cincy, I was surprised they had the line that high.

Nevertheless... I put $10 on the over. Now, I am starting to wish I had added a couple more zeroes to that bet.

Good thing this is a bye week. I hate when these guys start seeing a little success and start making these media rounds. It starts getting to their head and they come out flat the next game.

BTW did anyone see the PFT article that talks about Chad maybe getting cut in New England? :lmao: He still can't pick up the formation and plays going into week 7!