7th Round #1: Korey Lindsey, CB, S. Illinois

ArmyBengal

Korey Lindsey probably pulled a hammy getting up to answer the phone when the Bengals called him. J/K. I like this pick, if he can stay healthy, he can actually contribute. A lot of 7th round guys can't make the team on their best day.

Korey Lindsey probably pulled a hammy getting up to answer the phone when the Bengals called him. J/K. I like this pick, if he can stay healthy, he can actually contribute. A lot of 7th round guys can't make the team on their best day.

I heard he has "Chris Perry Disease"

He also runs a 4.56 40 ??? over a tenth of a second slower than the LB (Moch) they drafted

You're actually admitting that you knew nothing about him, yet you just disliked the pick anyway?

Nope, I sure didn't......feel free to re-read the post. Reading is FUN-damental

:ban:

Could be.

It's entirely possible that the mods here will eventually ban you for continuous attacks, but they're a pretty forgiving bunch overall -- so if you really want them thinking along those lines, you need to be more over the top nasty, like you were with your first few posts

Speaking of those first few posts, that reminds me -- my mom said to say hi.

He also runs a 4.56 40 ??? over a tenth of a second slower than the LB (Moch) they drafted

Yea, but that is just straight line 40 speed. Lindsey is probably a lot faster at football speed ie starting and stopping, accelerating the first five to ten yards, jamming and hand fighting while running. Certainly Lindsey is faster doing all that corner type stuff, I type hopefully.

Kinda a weird thing here - he tweaked his hamstring on both his pro days but started all 50 games in his college career, so prior to the pro days he was actually considered quite durable

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1274706

04/04/2011 - Southern Illinois Pro day: When it comes to Korey Lindsey, it's buyer beware for NFL teams. The Southern Illinois cornerback clearly has the talent to succeed at the next level, but back-to-back hamstring injuries have kept Lindsey from showcasing the talents that made him a first team All-American selection by The Associated Press his senior season. Lindsey was one of 11 players who took part in the Southern Illinois pro day on March 24. Representatives from 10 teams were in attendance, including Bears assistant defensive backs/safeties coach Gil Byrd. The event was held outdoors on FieldTurf. The 22-year-old pulled his right hamstring at Northwestern's pro day on March 8, and he did it again at his alma mater on March 24.

Durable player, played in all 50 possible career games.

He seems to be more about quicks than straight line speed, and appears to be a willing and able special teamer

Positives: Owns quick feet to mirror routes. Plays off the line, stays balanced and low as he retreats to quickly come forward. Doesn't get tested often, but flashes closing speed to throws in front of him. Handles double moves with nice recovery speed. Very good tackler after the catch. Generally effective cut tackler, both to attack runs and quick screens to his side of the field, as well as down the field to stop big plays from becoming touchdowns. Contains runs to his side and crashes inside when uncovered. Maintains distance from receiver blocks with long arms and tenacity. Good hands for the interception, can high-point the ball with excellent vertical. Some quickness and elusiveness on punt returns, generally makes good decisions. Durable player, played in all 50 possible career games.

Negatives: Slight lower body build. Needs to be more aware of underneath throws when in zone. Takes an extra step in transition and gives too much cushion, allowing completions. Sometimes misses on his cut tackles when he was in position to wrap up. May get overpowered by large receivers downfield and on running plays. Does not have elite speed or vision as a returner.

Yeah and you forgot about that reciever we drafted in round 1. He is slow too.

I like the pick because I believe this guy can be a starter in this league if he stays healthy. This is a really good football player. This guy should of been an day 2 pick.

Kinda a weird thing here - he tweaked his hamstring on both his pro days but started all 50 games in his college career, so prior to the pro days he was actually considered quite durable....

Beat me to it.

The whole "buyer beware" thing has merit only because Lindsey is hurt NOW with an injury that often repeats. But his history of durability is outstanding, and without knowing very much about the player himself this pick smacks of exactly the type of move the Bengals should be making in the late rounds. Specifically, a high value pick with special team skills.

Put me in the flyer not fodder camp.