Bengals vs Dolphins-Game Day discussion

jjakq27

TO - nice effort, cost them the game right there.

Sorry I can't blame TO for the ineptness of Carson Palmer. He is streaky like Kitna was. On one drive he can throw a ball through a 2 foot gap in the defense from 25 yards and thread the needle to a wide receiver, then the next he can't hit guy that is open by 5 yards. His arm isn't anywhere near as strong as it used to be, and that is a problem when your playbook relies on those intermediate timing out routes.

Palmer has gone from Tom Brady like to Jake Delhomme type...

I'm blaming TO for pulling up on that pass and letting it be intercepted to end the game. Palmer was anything but good today.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Palmer=done

No doubt. He is TOAST! :lol:

But it's his WR's who "Toasted" him.....Gresham too

He threw 3 other balls that should have been INT's.

He is not the Carson you remember. That guy is gone. The current Palmer is Kyle Boller.

Im starting to wonder if its time to rebuild this team. The players maybe talented enough, but not there focus. Im just ready to part ways with a bunch of these guys.....and please let Chad go. This team will be better without him and his stupid talking all the time

Sadly I think this team does go into rebuilding mode after this year, and Mike Brown will never go out and spend money on a "This is our year team" again. I think as a fan base we are looking at another dark ages of Bengal's football. Things look like they might revert to the norm years of 5-11 to 8-8 football. I hope someone got to go to a game in last year or in 2005, because that might be the last year of winning football you might see in Cincinnati for sometime.

Losing at home like that is really inexcusable.

Nothing will change until SoP is dead.

Mike could get hit by a bus tomorrow, and the team will remain the property of the Brown family. Nothing to be gained with this family still holding the keys to the car.

Mike could get hit by a bus tomorrow, and the team will remain the property of the Brown family. Nothing to be gained with this family still holding the keys to the car.

True, I suppose. Plus, given the advances in modern medicine, SoP will live to 110, barring an unforeseeable bus accident.

It really is a matter of coaching, in so many ways. Yes, the players must play but the errors in coverages in play calling in decisions about how they play, rest on the coaching staff. To truly change the team, they need to clean house. Sorry Zim, the guys let you down, but that is this business.

Question is, who is gonna come here and coach? Hue Jackson?

Mike Brown is not out there making those garbage throws and dropping the ball. Mike Brown is not out there managing the game or any of that stuff, nobody had a problem with Mike Brown during the offseason during the draft and free agency but it's all about him now when we suck. I will have a problem with Mike Brown if he doesn't get rid of some of these coaches and players at the end of the year that's when his name will come into play, he gave them the tools they needed to win this year and they are not acheiving. The only bright spot today was the offensive line,no sacks and Palmer wasn't pressured that much.

Mike Brown is not out there making those garbage throws and dropping the ball. Mike Brown is not out there managing the game or any of that stuff, nobody had a problem with Mike Brown during the offseason during the draft and free agency but it's all about him now when we suck. I will have a problem with Mike Brown if he doesn't get rid of some of these coaches and players at the end of the year that's when his name will come into play, he gave them the tools they needed to win this year and they are not acheiving. The only bright spot today was the offensive line,no sacks and Palmer wasn't pressured that much.

He's still in charge. Would you prefer I start blaming towel boys, grounds keepers, and equipment managers?

Sadly I think this team does go into rebuilding mode after this year, and Mike Brown will never go out and spend money on a "This is our year team" again.

In his mind were still Superbowl Contenders and just have had some "Bad Luck",Mike Brown is continuing to try Resign Marvin but He'll Walk after this season....

Then Alexander or Brat will be our new Head Coach & Mike Sheppard will feel in for who ever gets the Job....

Sadly I think this team does go into rebuilding mode after this year, and Mike Brown will never go out and spend money on a "This is our year team" again.

In his mind were still Superbowl Contenders and just have had some "Bad Luck",Mike Brown is continuing to try Resign Marvin but He'll Walk after this season....

Then Alexander or Brat will be our new Head Coach & Mike Sheppard will feel in for who ever gets the Job....

Didn't PFT just have an article a week or so ago about how Marvin hasn't had any offers yet for a contract extension?

Didn't PFT just have an article a week or so ago about how Marvin hasn't had any offers yet for a contract extension?

I was being sarcastic :P you think I want Brat for Head Coach in 2011 >_<

Well,.. No longer am i watching the team and getting mad,.. We looked good for one quarter! the first! Now,.. i'm only gonna watch and cheer if we win, i will not be surpirised if we go 2-14 if bob and marvin are coachin

Now,.. i'm only gonna watch and cheer if we win

You can tell beforehand if we win or lose? Shoot me some winning lotto numbers while you're at it. :P

haha i mean that if i watch a game,.. i will not cheer if we score, or yell if we start losing,.. I am going to stay completely still and just cheer at the end if we win. lol

Im starting to wonder if certain players quite on Marvin, like they did after 2005. Thats the only reason i brought up about rebuilding. Its time to get players in the game that are focused (still wonder how you lack focus in a game) and who actully show they want to win. Right now im just seeing a bunch of underachievers, who get down and lose consentration when something bad happens.

Time to move on from these players who only seem to care about themselves, or how good there TV show is doing.

Look at players like Benson, Shipley, Whitworth and there are a few more who actully seem to care week in and week out, and give that 110% that fans wanna see. I guess im sick of the i quit attitude here for the Bengals, and because of this i dont think i care anymore!

F**K u Bengals, thanks for getting me so excited about this season, and too only lay an egg.

My only gripe with Mike was not getting Marvin signed. Having the coach hang in limbo is counterproductive. I think it may have had an underlying effect on the team.

He could always fire him regardless but having that uncertainty has hurt.

Up until today, I usually took some time from the forum after a loss. Something funny happened today while watching the game though.

I stopped caring. Seriously.

The coaches are terrible and the players are terrible. The 2010 version of the Bengals is a joke and none of them seem to care.

I'm simply not going to waste my time anymore with it. I will root them on, but don't care either way the rest of the way.

It's hard to bother with something so pathetic.

I've never been in such agreement with blowing the whole d*mn thing up.

Almost everyone sucks and yes, I support a move to Los Angeles.

Up until today, I usually took some time from the forum after a loss. Something funny happened today while watching the game though.

I stopped caring. Seriously.

The coaches are terrible and the players are terrible. The 2010 version of the Bengals is a joke and none of them seem to care.

I'm simply not going to waste my time anymore with it. I will root them on, but don't care either way the rest of the way.

It's hard to bother with something so pathetic.

I've never been in such agreement with blowing the whole d*mn thing up.

Almost everyone sucks and yes, I support a move to Los Angeles.

Exactly, how can you root for a team whos players quite? How can you not fight for the ball? How can you not have your guys prepared to play? How do you lose focus in the middle of a game?

This pass rush is pathetic, wow a QB could have 1 leg and still stand there and be able to throw balls down field. I have lost faith in Zimmer as well. I was so excited for the defense this year, and that went out the window because they suck!!!!!

I refuse to care anymore about a team who dosnt care!

[He could always fire him regardless but having that uncertainty has hurt.

I don't agree with you on that one, Palmer and the boys are not sucking because Marvin is not signed to a long term contract. If anything they would be playing to keep him around, might be the best thing that Mikey actully did was not having Marvin signed. It looks like he has lost the ear of the time and his motivational speeches are being heard on deaf ears now. Time for change, this isn't the first year that Marvin decison making has not just been questioned by fans but also by the so called experts. How many franchises around the league would Marvin still be coaching for this long with zero playoff wins? Marvin is one of those guys that's a better coordinator than coach. Let someone else come in fresh next year without the distraction of Chad or T.O., keep Palmer, that was hard for me to say that, but give him some competition at that position. Don't just hand the position to him.

[He could always fire him regardless but having that uncertainty has hurt.

I don't agree with you on that one, Palmer and the boys are not sucking because Marvin is not signed to a long term contract. If anything they would be playing to keep him around, might be the best thing that Mikey actully did was not having Marvin signed. It looks like he has lost the ear of the time and his motivational speeches are being heard on deaf ears now. Time for change, this isn't the first year that Marvin decison making has not just been questioned by fans but also by the so called experts. How many franchises around the league would Marvin still be coaching for this long with zero playoff wins? Marvin is one of those guys that's a better coordinator than coach. Let someone else come in fresh next year without the distraction of Chad or T.O., keep Palmer, that was hard for me to say that, but give him some competition at that position. Don't just hand the position to him.

I can see your point but I am saying that it can't be a positive thing if that uncertainty is there. If he was unhappy or unsure of Marvin then he should have fired him after last season. Trying to ride it out and hedge that the team would fail so he could get Marvin at a reduced rate or Marvin would have less leverage after a poor season is just stupid. I certainly hope that wasn't the plan.