Ravens vs. Jets

cincyhokie

These 2 teams are going to knock the snot out of each other. The Ravens are going to be spent from this one, physically and emotionally, then onto a short week to face the Bengals. If we can sneak past the Pats, I like our chances at 2-0.

I like the Ravens in this one. Their defense should be able to keep the Jets one dimensional. Sanchez should be prone to some picks. Alot of nerves alot of hype for the Monday Night Opener.

Both defenses are tough and if it's not low scoring I will be shocked.

Ravens 13

Jets 6

What a good game. I'll go with the Ravens, possibly the Jets are too immature to handle success and all the attention that came with it.

Looking forward to seeing what the Ravens have on defense.

I like the Ravens in this game simply because I think they're a better football team. I hope the Jets kick them around a bit though, even if in a losing effort.

I'm telling you guys the Ravens defense is not that strong across the board. Their only hope in this game is the offense, and I just don't see the Jets defense allowing any big scores against them. They'll be all over Flacco's a$$ all game long.

These teams are mirror images. It comes down to which of these two groupings do you prefer: Flacco and Rice, or Sanchez and Tomlinson.

Jets have a better secondary, Ravens have a better front 7. Both have great Olines. I think the Ravens have better WRs, regardless of whether Housh plays more than a few snaps.

Close first half leads to Jets turnovers in 2nd half. Ravens win by 10.

I'm telling you guys the Ravens defense is not that strong across the board.

Could be, but I'm not convinced. The secondary might well be the worst in the NFL, but the front seven is good enough to mask the secondary's deficiencies against teams who aren't likely to throw the ball terribly efficiently anyways (like the Jets). I expect little from both running games, but I still like Rice and McClain against the Jets more than I like Greene and Tomlinson against the Ravens. I think Flacco is worlds better than Sanchez too.

I think Flacco is worlds better than Sanchez too.

Really? I just don't see it. At best they may be equal.

nah, flacco is much better than sanchez. more poise, more calm in the pocket. plus, he doesn't have as much media/fan/coaches pressure on him.

What a good game. I'll go with the Ravens, possibly the Jets are too immature to handle success and all the attention that came with it.

If I were betting my money would be on the Ravens. But I'm not, so without a hint of shame I find myself pulling for the Jets this weekend for obviously biased reasons.

That said, I've got to give props to the schedule makers because I love several of this weekends matchups, from the Viking Saint game that kicked off the season, the Bengals against the Pats, and this one too. And Pittsburgh against Atlanta ain't bad.

I couldn't take one more preseason game.

I'm not sure what to expect in this game. Week 1 is always a bit of a mystery. I do know that the Jets and Bengals are in very similar situations (seems to happens alot). Both face a strong, non-divisonal opponent right out of the gate....followed by a strong divisonal opponent in week 2. How about this? Bengals bang the Cheatriots around, win or lose. Jets beat up the Ratbirds, win or lose. Jets and Bengals win both of the more important divisional games next week.

New England is prime for an aerial assault. This might be the youngest and weakest secondary they have had in 20 years.