Anyone else watching Hard Knocks?

I knew the guy was probably a douche but I was going to wait until watching the show to make a definative judgement.

Talking sh*t about his players knowing the camera is on him. Completely unprofessional.

Post comments here.

He is a Ryan, it is genetic. He has to be a jerk.

I only know as much about Rex as any other football fan I suppose and only had a few hours of conversation with Rex's son, but for what it's worth, his son thinks he complete idiot as well. Actually, to quote him correctly, "He's a f*ckhead"... Sorry, but I just found that amusing.

Priceless! I had forgotten you had talked to his son.

I only know as much about Rex as any other football fan I suppose and only had a few hours of conversation with Rex's son, but for what it's worth, his son thinks he complete idiot as well. Actually, to quote him correctly, "He's a f*ckhead"... Sorry, but I just found that amusing.

Sounds about right,

Oh yeah, forgot another quote from his son when describing his father: "Full of sh*t"...

Again, that may just be a son who is just disgruntled about his father, the way he treated his mother, or something else, but I don't think I would just unload about my father to someone I never knew before unless there was some real issues there.

I highly doubt anyone will care as long as he can produce victories for the Jets though...

Oh yeah, forgot another quote from his son when describing his father: "Full of sh*t"...

Again, that may just be a son who is just disgruntled about his father, the way he treated his mother, or something else, but I don't think I would just unload about my father to someone I never knew before unless there was some real issues there.

I highly doubt anyone will care as long as he can produce victories for the Jets though...

If he can produce them,I liked jets at the start of the season but starting to wonder if they'll even make the playoffs this year.

I was listening to some commentary the other day about the Revis deal and how f*cked up the Jets have made that situation and I couldn't help but agree with their thoughts on Ryan's mouth writing checks and putting targets on his players backs. They went on to further say how Ryan isn't viewed as one of the better coaches out there and only gets the attention because of his mouth. They likened him to his father, who was called a hated man who went out of his way to piss people off.

Again, I don't really care one way or another about Rex Ryan and only talking about what I've heard, but I found myself agreeing with the above.

I can't put into words how glad I am that Harbs became the Ravens head coach instead of Rex. They couldn't be more diametrically opposed in their philosophies.

I love how Harbs will say the same thing win, lose, or draw: We have to get back to work and try to get better. We are trying to be the best Ravens we can be.

Rex, and now even his players, go on and on about how great they are. I can tolerate this can of talk only from a very few select groups of players: The dynasty patriots (not anymore), defensive players for the Ravens or Steelers, the Titans regarding their running game, etc. You have to earn the right to talk big, and even then I'll only tolerate so much before I start losing respect for you.

These are my predictions for the Jets: They will have the number 1 defense again (b/c they will lead the league in rushing again b/c their passing game will suck, again), they will not make the playoffs, they will bitch and moan and blame the league and the refs and the fans for their lack of success. They are the Ravens pre-Flacco in that they will be limited by their QB play. Remembering the first few years of both Kyle Boller and Joe Flacco, I see the Sanchize as more Boller than Flacco. I wouldn't bet the life of my cats on it, but it is my educated opinion.

Dear Rex, true confidence is quiet: See Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning

P.S. When Rex was the D-coordinator, he fell under the safe harbor given for the Ravens defense as listed above, so he got away with some talk.

P.P.S. I shouldn't forget the Joey Porter clause. That dude should never get to talk lest he get shot in the butt. Again.

I love how Harbs will say the same thing win, lose, or draw: We have to get back to work and try to get better. We are trying to be the best Ravens we can be.

Great point. It seems there's not alot of reflection what happened to the Jets last year when they had a rough middle of the season. Nothing. Rex's rah-rah, we're better than you so f-off schtick didn't work. However, it was back on as soon as the Colts rolled over and they handled the Bengals twice. Next it was SD and their 3 missed FG's. It wasn't until the loss to the Colts that they tasted defeat. Luckily for them the season was over.

I have zero confidence that Rex's crap can maintain momentum through a whole season. The man just cannot maintain balance, as you just mention above with Harbaugh. Didn't he CRY last year in front of his team when they were faced with playoff elemination???? Didn't they lose that game????

I learned last night just how immature and soft Sanchez is. He's extremely easy to rattle if you can get pressure on him and make mistakes.

The Jets had no target on them last year. None. Now they've decided to proclaim themselves Superbowl Champs. I'm pretty sure every team in the league is circling them on their schedule. All of them ready to knock the snot out of Sanchez. Good job idiots.

Agreed. Harbaugh handles press conferences and interviews about exactly how I'd want my coach to do so. Thankfully Marvin Lewis is very much in the same mold, and even Mike Tomlin too.

Odd that perhaps the loudest coach in our division is Mangini. :lol:

Jets losing to the Redskins 9-5 in the early 4th quarter. Sanchez finally throws a TD with the Jets 1st string STILL in the game against the Redskins 2nd string. Jets miss XP. 11-9 Jets with Rex Ryan PANICKING and keeping both the 1st string offense and defense in the game into the 4th quarter.

Update: Redskins 3rd string on the field now...Jets still have their number one's out there.

Blown out by the Giants 2 weeks ago. 9-3 win over the Panthers last week and an 11-9 lead over the Redskins.

Hillarious.

"Players coaches" like Rex Ryan seem to have a good year or two when they first get their jobs. They come in and the players are so happy to have him there they play their asses off.

Then their lack of discipline begins to show, the players realize they can do what they want, under the assumption they can just turn it on during games. Then the whole thing falls apart, players coach gets fired, and Tom Coughlin gets hired to fix it.

I understand needing a moral victory for your team, but if you need to keep your first team in against third stringers, how much of a moral victory is that really?

It's called Rex Ryan's massive self serving ego. A team "blowing their wad" to get a win. They'll be up and down all season with an inconsistent offense led by an immature QB. 8-8 is all they'll see.

As much as football and the NFL is emotionally driven, it's also a game of balance and patience...from the coaching staff down to the players. Everything we've seen so far from the Jets since last season through this preseason is a facade that will break them down to a team overwhelmed by expectations set by a hardcharging blowhard as a head coach.

I enjoyed watching the 2008 Browns choke on all the preseason hype. The 2010 Jets failing will be that much more enjoyable.

I think many people forget how poorly the Jets played through the middle of their season last year and without the Colts and the Bengals not bothering to play anyone for their last two games of last season, they wouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

I will give them credit for playing well in the playoffs and think they have made a couple good moves heading into this season.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them end up with a losing season.

They aren't better than the Pats and the Dolphins should actually be better this year as well.

Another great episode last night. Rex made an inspiring pre-season speech about leadership after his team was eating cheeseburgers on the practice field. It was right after they sputtered to a 9-3 win over Carolina.

He almost cried. I'm serious. No, really. I'm serious.

In response, his team lost 16-11 to Washington while keeping his starters in the game into the 4th quarter against Rex Grossman and the 2nd string Redskins.

8-8 all the way fat man!!!!!