Anquan Boldin to Ravens

The Cardinals traded Anquan Boldin and a 5th Round pick to the Ravens for a 3rd and 4th Rd pick...They then signed him to a 3 yr $25 million extension, but he still had 1 year and abou $3 million left on his contract, so it is basically a 4-yr $28 million dollar deal...That's $7 million per....Hell we saved that much by cutting Coles....WE NEED A F'N GM TO PULL TRADES LIKE THIS OFF....

WTF??????

/>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4970057

I would have gladly traded a 3rd and 4th for Boldin and a 5th....and $7 million is a fair WR deal for a talent like him.

I wanted him on the Bengals badly. To have him land on the Ravens instead is a bitter pill to swallow. Damn.

He would have been a better signing than Coles was, but he has had a few injury problems. Nothing too severe, but can tend to be the lingering type that doesn't ever go away.

I said it once and I'll say it again... Wait for the draft. The only big name I see the Bengals picking up is TO. Just because Ocho wants him. Depressing......

I said it once and I'll say it again... Wait for the draft. The only big name I see the Bengals picking up is TO. Just because Ocho wants him. Depressing......

The Bengals have a desperate need for a vertical threat at receiver, and I do hope that should they sign one of the best such players the league has ever seen we won't see a bunch of complaints that it was Chad making all the calls and dipping the quill pen.

Out of what's left in the WR free-agent market, whether we want to admit it or not, T.O. would probably be the best option for 1 year. If they draft a WR in the first couple of rounds, it will allow for a bit of learning/adjustment time, without sacrificing the season (with no WR weapons).

I am still quite shocked that Boldin came so cheap to the Ravens. I mean they gave up a 3rd and 4th and got Boldin and a 5th? also, they still only have to pay him $3 million this season. He's only guaranteed $10 million. That's a very affordable cut/release if he does'nt work out, or is injured...hell, we gave that to Coles for last season alone...

The Bengals have a desperate need for a vertical threat at receiver, and I do hope that should they sign one of the best such players the league has ever seen we won't see a bunch of complaints that it was Chad making all the calls and dipping the quill pen.

I myself wouldn't complain. But do you see Ocho talking about Marshall or anyone else? No. Because TO relates to Chad (Look at me, Give me the ball). The two of them have a lot in common. That's why they're friends. I'm just saying. If Chad want's to help out the team by talking to Marvin & Mike into signing/trading for some good players, then he need's to talk Marvin & Mike into going after Marshall and not his best friend.

This whole thing is a freaking merry-go-round (A.K.A. BS).

This is a good signing for the Ravens but I am not sure it is the end all for them. I like Bolden but he has been injury prone and is approaching 30.

As for us getting him, I can only guess that we had discussions but Mike and Co. love their own draft picks and rarely give them up. Their argument will be that we signed Bryant and still have all of our picks.