Just say NO to T.O.

Dadraftnick

PFT Today

Chad says T.O. is coming to Cincy, Boomer says Chad should leave

Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2010 12:29 PM ET

As NFL observers try to figure out the next stop in the Terrell Owens tour, receiver Chad Ochocinco thinks that T.O. will land in Cincinnati.

Ochocinco offered his prediction during an appearance on The Jay Glazer Pre-Party on FSN.

Per Glazer, Ochocinco said that he's "sure of it."

If it happens, it won't be a surprise. The Bengals thrive on giving guys with bad reputations second (or fifth) chances.

But a separate question could be whether T.O. would be complementing Ochocinco, or replacing him.

Former Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason said during the Westwood One Pro Bowl broadcast with Larry Kahn and Dan Fouts that the Bengals should cut Chad loose.

Every place that this guy (T.O.)has been, he has hurt team chemistry more than he has helped on the field.

The last thing the Bengals need is to have a guy like T.O. in the locker room and the thought of him and Chad playing off each other makes me sick.

The only reason Chad didnt mind having the team run so much is that he was the go to WR so he still got to keep his numbers up.

T.O. and Chad togather will tear the team apart.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PFT Today

As NFL observers try to figure out the next stop in the Terrell Owens tour, receiver Chad Ochocinco thinks that T.O. will land in Cincinnati.

Ochocinco offered his prediction during an appearance on The Jay Glazer Pre-Party on FSN.

If it happens, it won't be a surprise. The Bengals thrive on giving guys with bad reputations second (or fifth) chances.

But a separate question could be whether T.O. would be complementing Ochocinco, or replacing him.

Former Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason said during the Westwood One Pro Bowl broadcast with Larry Kahn and Dan Fouts that the Bengals should cut Chad loose.

Every place that this guy (T.O.)has been, he has hurt team chemistry more than he has helped on the field.

The last thing the Bengals need is to have a guy like T.O. in the locker room and the thought of him and Chad playing off each other makes me sick.

The only reason Chad didnt mind having the team run so much is that he was the go to WR so he still got to keep his numbers up.

Don't be such a drama queen.

This team will be fine with him.

He wasn't a problem in Buffalo last year. If he comes to the team with the understanding that this is a run first team I'd take him. If he starts getting out of line cut him. Give him a one year deal. He may still have gas in the tank and is most certainly more of a downfield threat than Coles and would command more attention from the defense to help free Chad up.

I wouldn't have a problem with it.

PFT Today

Don't be such a drama queen.

This team will be fine with him.

Are you kidding ? Everywhere T.O. has been he has torn the team apart.

He tries to turn teamat against teamate , he blames the offensive co-ordinator for any loss because, the only reason that a team looses is because he didnt get enough balls thrown his way.

I know that Mike Brown loves to get a bargain but, this is not even the T.O. of a couple of years ago.

This guy is not in Dallas for a reason.

And for that matter there is a reason that talent poor Buffalo is not trying to get him back.

He has lost a few steps and drops crazy amounts of balls - every where he has been he has torn down his QB.

I cant think of any reason to sighn him.

He is Laverneus Coles with less talent and the attitude of Satan.

We arent a run first team.

If we were to get TO and still Have Ocho and we were a run first team. I wouldnt want to see the carnage that follows.

But.....................To be honest. TO is almost the prototype of the receiver I want on this offense. Marshall and Boldin fit that big WR mold as well.(dont see them two happening in a million years though-especially with the nonsense of run first)

We could get TO for fairly cheap IMO and give us time to bring the WRs we draft along.

This is close to his last hoorah. We would give him a chance at a ring. He was actually good this past year - even being on a terrible team like Buffalo.

Im not too torn up about the possibility. Weird.

I wouldn't mind it either...he's was pretty good on a terrible team. As long as it was a one year deal and he knew if he messed up we could just cut him. He honestly can't be worse than Coles on the field but I don't see us signing another aging receiver...I would obviously rather get Brandon Marshall or Boldin but let's be serious, the Bengals will never ever do that.

Well with Jerry Rice Pimping T.O as the best Receiver ever,Wonder how many people will not mind T.O now.

Yeah, still mind. First, I couldn't care less what Jerry Rice of all people say. Second, TO is still an aging pain in the rear. Great, he managed to not cause trouble in one year in Buffalo. YIPPEE! Look at those second years in Philly and Dallas. Why do you think nobody in their right mind would offer him more than a year?

Chad has been Friends with TO for a long time,Carson probably the best Pocket Passer TO would be paired with...I'm not for signing Owens but I see it more Realistic then Signing Brandon Marshall or trading in to top 10 to get Dez Byrant.

PS,Though I wouldn't complain if they did sign him because I know only other way were getting life at the WR position is via draft.

I'm good with whatever helps the team win!!! We need help at WR, I'm fine with T.O. as long as Chad is here also...We need Chad,and I think T.O. will be happy to play with Carson Palmer, considering the lack of talent he had at QB in Buffalo. Definitely wouldn't be my first choice, but not bad as a consolation prize.

Chad has been Friends with TO for a long time,Carson probably the best Pocket Passer TO would be paired with...I'm not for signing Owens but I see it more Realistic then Signing Brandon Marshall or trading in to top 10 to get Dez Byrant.

PS,Though I wouldn't complain if they did sign him because I know only other way were getting life at the WR position is via draft.

This.

I'm fully on board with the possibility of signing T.O. I thought he played well the second half of the season in Buffalo, and that was with RYAN FITZPATRICK throwing him the football behind the worst offensive line in football. If nothing else, he should prove to be a respectable deep threat, which will further improve the running game and spread the field, especially on 3rd down.

I've never been a huge fan of first-round WRs, so it'll also allow us to take the BPA with our first pick. For those to point at the fact that he's 37, he's probably the best-conditioned 37 year-old in NFL history and rarely is injured. For the cap gurus, does anyone know what type of financial impact it'll have on the team if we cut Coles in an uncapped year? I like Coles' intangibles and professionalism, but I don't know how the Bengals can take on another high-salary at the WR position with him still on the roster, be it TO, a high-profile trade, or a first-round draft pick.

Just what they need, two me-first loud mouths dropping passes in the twilight of their careers.

No thanks, the Bengals' have Jerooome Simpson!!!

"With the 21st pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select...Arrelious Benn, wide receiver, Illinois"

I don't want to hear this come draft day, and neither should you.

Benn makes TO and Chad look like Cris Carter, as far as catching the football goes. Dez Bryant is probably the only other WR that will have a chance to be selected in the first round, and he's sure to go in the top dozen picks. Otherwise, you have to hope that BayBay Thomas can learn to run NFL routes or guys like Jordan Shipley and Gilyard can beat the physical CBs in the NFL, by the time the Bengals pick again at #54.

Do you think the Bengals would give up a 1st, 3rd and a conditional pick in '11 for Brandon Marshall? I might be OK with it, but I'm sure Mike Brown wouldn't, or do you see what the Cardinals are asking for to part with another malcontent and oft-injured WR in Anquan Boldin. Undoubtedly, either of those players will command a contract lengthier and for a higher dollar amount than TO, or Chad, for that matter. The other thing I like about signing TO to a 1-year deal, as it gives us a final year to determine if either Caldwell or Simpson will ever develop into starting-caliber WRs, as each are at the crossroads of their careers in that regard, IMO.

Just what they need, two me-first loud mouths dropping passes in the twilight of their careers.

"With the 21st pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select...Arrelious Benn, wide receiver, Illinois"

Benn makes TO and Chad look like Cris Carter, as far as catching the football goes. Dez Bryant is probably the only other WR that will have a chance to be selected in the first round, and he's sure to go in the top dozen picks. Otherwise, you have to hope that BayBay Thomas can learn to run NFL routes or guys like Jordan Shipley and Gilyard can beat the physical CBs in the NFL, by the time the Bengals pick again at #54.

Do you think the Bengals would give up a 1st, 3rd and a conditional pick in '11 for Brandon Marshall? I might be OK with it, but I'm sure Mike Brown wouldn't, or do you see what the Cardinals are asking for to part with another malcontent and oft-injured WR in Anquan Boldin. Undoubtedly, either of those players will command a contract lengthier and for a higher dollar amount than TO, or Chad, for that matter. The other thing I like about signing TO to a 1-year deal, as it gives us a final year to determine if either Caldwell or Simpson will ever develop into starting-caliber WRs, as each are at the crossroads of their careers in that regard, IMO.

i wouldn't care if we got Marshall n he wanted to be the highest paid receiver...he deserves it!

i wouldn't care if we got Marshall n he wanted to be the highest paid receiver...he deserves it!

Not really,.. I like chad on and off the feild more than marshall, its just he's all denver had... Yes he's good, but larry fitz should be the highest in the league.

Not really,.. I like chad on and off the feild more than marshall, its just he's all denver had... Yes he's good, but larry fitz should be the highest in the league.

What? No love for Andre Johnson? Anyone?

I find all the worries regarding player personality to be terribly dramatic, something manufactured by ESPN and not reality. I don't think the Bengals locker room is built with balsa wood, and no single mouthy player has the power to destroy it. Chad tried and clearly failed.

I'm mildly interested in the idea of bringing in Owens. He'd be an immediate band-aid and is surely capable of being productive. With his age and history, I don't figure he'd be terribly costly either like Marshall would be. Even if they do bring someone in, TO or not, I want another receiver drafted in the first three or four rounds.