So, do we want Baltimore to win?

JoePong

I guess that would mean we play the Chargers instead of the Colts, and it gives us at least a chance at hosting the AFC Championship Game in Cincinnati

Is that right?

That's right. I think we match up better against the Chargers but there is the whole west coast thing that the Bengals suck at. It's a toss up for the most part.

But you'd have to think we need Baltimore to win. Hosting the AFCCG is probably our best chance at getting to the SB.

I guess that would mean we play the Chargers instead of the Colts, and it gives us at least a chance at hosting the AFC Championship Game in Cincinnati

Is that right?

That's right. I think we match up better against the Chargers but there is the whole west coast thing that the Bengals suck at. It's a toss up for the most part.

But you'd have to think we need Baltimore to win. Hosting the AFCCG is probably our best chance at getting to the SB.

That's the downside. Not only would we have to travel out to the west coast again (where we never win) instead of taking a short trip to Indy, but we would be playing the hottest team in football. But I gues that's better than facing Manning in the Dome.

Is that right?

That's the downside. Not only would we have to travel out to the west coast again (where we never win) instead of taking a short trip to Indy, but we would be playing the hottest team in football. But I gues that's better than facing Manning in the Dome.

Agreed. I don't like our chances against Manning. Unfortunately, I don't like Baltimore's either.

Is that right?

I would rather play out West in the next round, as opposed to playing the likes of Peyton, Freeney and Mathis at home and in the dome. The only question is how sharp will Indy be next week, regardless of who they play, with their starters not playing in a meaningful game in a month? Keep in mind that, if Leon plays up to his normal standard for this season, we would've beat the Chargers at home a few weeks ago. IIRC, Benson didn't play or was limited in that game, but I could be wrong. That was also the most emotional game in Bengals history, in considering that Henry's funeral was just five days before the game, which led to a short practice week and probably a understandable lack of focus from the Bengals in that game.

No question, we beat the Ravens at home in AFC Championship, if they are able to beat Indy.

why u guys care?? if we need to hope for other to win so we vs right team, then we are not super bowl team, a super bowl team beat anybody no matter who. if we vs indy, thats fine, if we vs sd thats fine, i dont care.

ummm - i have tickets to the afc championship game in cincy. I want to see the Bengals play Baltimore in cincy for a chance to go to the super bowl.

Thats why I want baltimore to win.

I'm not worried about Manning but Dallas Clark on the other hand >_<.....Would be interesting to play colts though since in the past it was always supposed be score off...but now I'd love to see what zimmer could do vs best QB.

If the Bengals have a weakness defensively, it's the inability to cover the opposing team's TE. That essentially what cost us the games against Houston and San Diego. I'd take Keller and Heap, over Clark and Gates, anyday.

It's crazy to type this, but I'm interested to see what Ratliff can do at Safety. He's a sure tackler and a player that can make plays, at the very least. I'm one that thinks he's played his entire career out of position, at CB, but he has more than enough speed and aggression to play S in just about any defense. I still remember his play from '05, in which he looked like the next Antoine Winfield, with better hands.

Put Kei in the Nickle or Dime with Crocker, and there's a lot of alignment possibilities there, which should make it even harder on the rookie QB Mark "Scamchez".

I'd rather get a shot at Indy before the Colts get back in rhythm. They will have been resting their starters for nearly a month next week. They could be very rusty to start that game. That is really the best shot the Bengals have at advancing in my opinion.

That said... I'm not sure I care all that much. Mostly because the Bengals play the early game tomorrow. I'll start worrying about next week once the Jets game is over, so I know for sure if there is even anything to worry about, or if it's time to start mocking the draft.

why u guys care?? if we need to hope for other to win so we vs right team, then we are not super bowl team, a super bowl team beat anybody no matter who. if we vs indy, thats fine, if we vs sd thats fine, i dont care.

I'm guessing you have no plans to attend a possible AFC Championship Game in Cincy eh?

Some of us bengals fans would want to go. I guess you don't care.

I'm guessing you have no plans to attend a possible AFC Championship Game in Cincy eh?

Some of us bengals fans would want to go. I guess you don't care.

too lat for me to reply this but of course u right i dont plan to go to afc champ game, and never will go to any of bengals game ever anyway, i never did in my life, becz i hate to be around other people, i am comfortable here at home watching game.

now new comment for after today game, u guys waste your time care about who other team u want to win, u guys should care about bengals game and this game alone like i do, see u guys again in few months for draft

Nah, I just like it when the rest of the league recognizes that our division plays hard football. I hate the Steelers and would absolutely be rooting for their team bus to be involved in a fiery crash on the way to a playoff game.

But the Ravens are entertaining. They bitch about the officiating constantly, play ridiculously illegal pass defense, then melt down at the end of close games. They're fun to watch.

Now that my Bengals are out, it's go Ravens!

Yes Yes Yes. I hate the Pats,Colts and Chargers and I don't hate the Jets but I'm not happy they beat us. SO yes go go go Ravens. And no this hasn't got anything to do with me loving them +++O's

I don't really care who wins the Superbowl at this point. What I do care about is what does actually matter for the Bengals and that's draft position. So yeah, if any team winning or losing helps the Bengals draft higher, than that's who I'm rooting for. The Ravens are killing the Pats, so that's one part down. So, let's go Cardinals !!!

After we are slotted, I'll think of who I'm rooting for in the big game. It won't be the Jets though as I HATE Rex Ryan.

I don't really care who wins the Superbowl at this point. What I do care about is what does actually matter for the Bengals and that's draft position. So yeah, if any team winning or losing helps the Bengals draft higher, than that's who I'm rooting for. The Ravens are killing the Pats, so that's one part down. So, let's go Cardinals !!!

After we are slotted, I'll think of who I'm rooting for in the big game. It won't be the Jets though as I HATE Rex Ryan.

Don't worry, the Jets have shot their wad. The Chargers will finish off what the Bengals did to their defense.