Same old Bengals

GoBengals!

Will the Bengals ever lose this perception around the league?

"To y’all they’re super Bengals. That’s the same old Bengals to me,” Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams said. “I watched tape all week. They didn’t impress me none.”

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091213/SPT02/312130024/1066/Bengals+fail+to+impress+vs.+Vikings

"To y’all they’re super Bengals. That’s the same old Bengals to me,” Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams said. “I watched tape all week. They didn’t impress me none.”

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091213/SPT02/312130024/1066/Bengals+fail+to+impress+vs.+Vikings

Well, after Sunday there would be reason to be unimpressed. That said, WTF cares what Pat Williams says? The Bengals are 9-4 and swept their division. If people wanna talk s**t that's fine with me.

Teams with a lot of weapons in the passing game will make them look like the same old Vikings. Eagles? Cardinals? Saints? Not many good playoff matchups for Minny this year.

And for crap's sake, that franchise is 0-4 in Superbowls. What the hell have they ever done?

They're twice the losers we'll ever be! :D

A Steeler fan was rubbing that "same old bengals" quote in my nose this morning at work.

I shut him up with one sentence.

"Yeah, the Bengals didn't look good on Sunday, but at least we didn't lose to Cleveland."

I didn't know you had that phrase attached to the franchise. We use it too, as do the NY sports writers. We use shorthand to refer to it online. "SOJ". Even at 9-4 the anxiety is ever present. You guys are so similar to us it's scary. Relax fellas, at least one home playoff game is in your future.

A Steeler fan was rubbing that "same old bengals" quote in my nose this morning at work.

"Yeah, the Bengals didn't look good on Sunday, but at least we didn't lose to Cleveland."

I didn't know you had that phrase attached to the franchise. We use it too, as do the NY sports writers. We use shorthand to refer to it online. "SOJ". Even at 9-4 the anxiety is ever present. You guys are so similar to us it's scary. Relax fellas, at least one home playoff game is in your future.

Huh. I guess we could go with 'SOB'. Pretty appropriate, really.

But yeah, this time last year if you'd have told me that some Bengals fans would be bitching about 9-4, I'd have kicked 'em in the nuts. But hey, now we want it all!

"To y'all they're super Bengals. That's the same old Bengals to me," Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams said. "I watched tape all week. They didn't impress me none."

http://news.cincinna...ess+vs.+Vikings

It's easy to pop off about your opponent after you've won the game and deservedly so in this case. But I'm not going to worry about it. This team has elevated themselves to a much higher level than the last few years and have gotten plenty of props nationally for it. We just lost to a really good team.

I was satisfied that the "same old Bengals" shoved it up the Steelers and Ravens twice this year. Hopefully we'll be playing and both of them will be home in a few weeks.

And note to Pat Williams, the Cards put a whoopin on your team last week. It'll be interesting to see who makes it further. I'd love to make him eat his words when it really counts.

That jackball was just waiting to pounce on the Bengals. That's what I love about Pittsburgh fans....

well they earned it, with that piss poor showing last weekend. now if they lose this sunday. it's going to get even worse. so they damn sure better be ready this weekend. it funny how hob's and brat claims that team are playing them 2 deep. but cladwell comes out saying that they where sitting on our short routes. he though we should have went deep a couple times. i can only think of maybe 3 times all season we threw a pass over 30 yards.

Teams with a lot of weapons in the passing game will make them look like the same old Vikings. Eagles? Cardinals? Saints? Not many good playoff matchups for Minny this year.

And for crap's sake, that franchise is 0-4 in Superbowls. What the hell have they ever done?

They're twice the losers we'll ever be! :D

LOL! Nice.

I'm sure they watched Detroit and Cleveland tape, I wouldn't be impressed either.

Good point. After playing their second round of presason games for three weeks they were faced with playing one of the top three or four in the league and it showed. They seemed a little slow on defense for whatever reason...maybe it was Peterson but even Taylor looked fast. I hope that after playing a highly skilled team like the Vikes, the Bengals will be better acclimated to the speed of the Chargers which I would say is comparable.