I can't believe we are in this spot

walzav29

How many years have we not had a defense? FOr the 1st time in years we have a legit defense and running game and now our passing game stops. I just can't get over it. If this was 1 week I could look past it, but now I'm sick. I really think it's the lack of receivers, but I don't think we would be 9-4 with TJ. I'm 2nd guessing everything. I'm panicking here. We do have the formula for beating SD, but if they put 11 in the box. What can we do? Look! I'm the most optimistic guy on this board. Someone needs to lift my hopes. Now come on! Bring up a crazy stat or something!

Sorry at this point i cant. I hade made excuses all year about these recievers and i stuck up for them when others were puting them down (Coles), but im done after today. Carson today steped up in the pocket a few times, moved outside the pocket, and still no recievers got open. Unless this team can run the ball to victory i dont see it happening. Next week i dont see them running to victory, and they are going to need to pass the ball with how quickly the Chargers can score. At this point my confindece is shot with this passing offense.

The defense all year has played great, first off the corners are amazing! These past couple of games though there tackling has been so-so and i hope they get that fixed soon. As shown today they are not always perfect, and agaisnt a good high powered offense they gave up points, so that means the offense has to find a way to score, and so far they have showed me that they couldnt. :(

It's a little bit of everything I think. Carson coming back from basically a yr out and with a nagging injury to his thumb. The first proper yr with new receivers except Chad and the now injured Slim. Issues with the line's injuries/shuffling/lack of overall talent catching upto them(?) not allowing Carson a great pocket to throw from. Also, the new attitude. There has obviously been a real continental shift in terms of the offensive philosophy. Pretty big change from the chuck bombs down the field of the previous few yrs and looking at it in the cold light of day, it was probably unrealistic of many, myself included, to expect that shift to take place seamlessly in less than a full season, especially with a fairly substantial turnover of the roster in the off-season.

This D has taken everyone by surprise (even the coaches I think must be pleasantly surprised at just how much progress has been made this season after the green shoots of recovery during the last month of last yr) and we find ourselves 9-4 in what many fans though would be a rebuilding yr after an implosion during the last campaign.

if anything, this team is guilty of overachieving, on one side of the ball at least, and so it seems disappointing in the here and now. Just a few weeks ago though, only the most optimistic could foresee with any genuine belief a run at the AFCN champions tag and looking to clinch a playoff spot with a couple of weeks to spare in the season.

I totally saw them going deep in the playoffs with a passing game. I underestimated Henry. Just don't see anyone on the roster who can be that 2nd receiver. WHich is a HUGE disappointment considering we gave COles 28 million and drafted a #2 and #3 pick on wr's last year. You know what. Let's just win the division 1st, then I'll worry about how deep they go. OK Everyone. I'll stop.

Well, the passing game wasn't setting the world alight at the start of the season but it was there if needed. Not the '98 Vikings but efficient enough. Fumbles after the catch were what was killing us. The run game took over and did this team well. Coupled with the stout D it got us 9 wins. The last couple of weeks when we've needed the pass again, we just haven't been able to find it. No idea what that is due to. Not enough talent/experience on the roster to just be able to switch it on and off like that?

Eh, even without a passing game of note we can still beat 2 or 3 of the teams that will make the playoffs. All is not lost. I'm not holding much hope of the team miraculously finding is aerial threat though. They've been looking for it long enough with little result.

How many years have we not had a defense? FOr the 1st time in years we have a legit defense and running game and now our passing game stops. I just can't get over it. If this was 1 week I could look past it, but now I'm sick. I really think it's the lack of receivers, but I don't think we would be 9-4 with TJ. I'm 2nd guessing everything. I'm panicking here. We do have the formula for beating SD, but if they put 11 in the box. What can we do? Look! I'm the most optimistic guy on this board. Someone needs to lift my hopes. Now come on! Bring up a crazy stat or something!

Its not that bad. Keep saying, 9-4, 2 game lead for first place, chiefs and jets left on schedule.

This teams biggest enemy seems to be the media in my mind. Before the Texans and Raiders, everyone was talking the Bengals up, and it looked like it got to their head. This week, all I heard all week was our offense wont work against good teams, and honestly, It looked like a comepletely different offense today. We weren't running our game. This team needs to turn off the tvs and internet phones and just play their game.

And if you want stats to make it better, here it is.

We are 9-4, have the 3rd best record in the afc. We swept the steelers, swept the ravens, beat green bay in green bay. The only other team to win in green bay is the Vikings.

We lost to a team at home who before this week had won their previous 3 games at home by an average of 23 points. We played a terrible game, but still control our own fate for a by week. We will not be picking in the top 10. We are guaranteed a winning record. We are by all respects a good team. Get to the playoffs, thats what matters, and this team will be in the playoffs.

Denver at 1 point lost by 22, 18, 10(to washington), and 29. They aren't melting down.

San Diego has lost to pitt, denver, and baltimore, so they are beatable. Every team on that list are behind us in the playoff race.

Kansas City has lost to Oakland, Baltimore, Philly, Giants, Dallas, San Diego, Jacksonville, San Diego, Denver, and Buffalo. So they are beatable. 7 teams on that list are behind us in playoff race.

Jets have lost to Saints, Dolphins, Bills, Dolphins, Jaguars, and patriots. So they are beatable, every team on that list is behind us in the playoff race.

I understand meltdowns like this at times. But we are 9-4 and lost to a damn good team on the road when we played a terrible game.

The Colts and Saints, outside of Colston and Wayne, have nothing resembling great WR's. Their QB's have time to throw and see the field. Their o-lines don't get blown up for a 3 yard loss on a 3rd and 1 dive play. Their offenses don't have 10 of their first 12 plays average 2 yards or less. Everything on those teams is by committee. There's no beat up RB, overloaded formations or predicatable play-calling.

I can't even think of a team Livings, Cook, or Roland/Collins would start far, not a single team, and that's not even mentioning Foschi/Coats.

That said, Coles is such a disappointment, for whatever reason, the WR group is now a noticeable problem as well. Palmer can't improvise, like Manning, he needs to be able to step into his throws and see the field. He doesn't get that here, and his accuracy and timing with his WR's is suffering.

I can't even think of a team Livings, Cook, or Roland/Collins would start far, not a single team, and that's not even mentioning Foschi/Coats.

I think that is a stretch.

Cook, Livings and Roland could start for many, many teams. Collins has struggled at times but even he is a quality player.

They may not be "names" like Oher or Long or Thomas but they are good, professional starters in the NFL.

Now, Coates, can't argue there. He is extremely sub-par. It is on the coaches that he even is on this squad. I cannot complain about Foschi, he has done an excellent job, and even you would be hard pressed to argue otherwise.

Cook, Livings and Roland could start for many, many teams. Collins has struggled at times but even he is a quality player.

They may not be "names" like Oher or Long or Thomas but they are good, professional starters in the NFL.

Now, Coates, can't argue there. He is extremely sub-par. It is on the coaches that he even is on this squad. I cannot complain about Foschi, he has done an excellent job, and even you would be hard pressed to argue otherwise.[/quote

I'm sure plenty of teams would be happy to have cook...Roland well there are some pretty bad tackles out there even though he isn't been great for 4 weeks now (START ANDRE ^_^) but um ya...Livings not really a fan of was kinda wtf'd by Mathis on the sideline guess they were trying to play it safe until they had to put him in.

PS,Eh Collins is not a Quality player he is a below average pass blocker and a horrible run blocker.

Surely even you are capable of shedding your clearly incorrect first impressions about Kyle Cook when he's had such a strong season.

No, Shula won't admit even that.

As for walzav, after weeks of ridiculous posts about Super Bowl, please, dude, spare us weeks of panicked posts the other way. The Bengals were always going to be heavy underdogs for the at Minny and at San Diego games, so the outcome shouldn't have been too surprising. No need to over-react.

Can the Bengals beat KC? If they can, then this magical ride ends with a playoff shot.

If they can't? Then they didn't desereve to be there anyway.

OK first off Look at were the team was last year at this time and look were it is this year. We will make the playoffs and that's good!! And are offense does need something to get a jump start but I don't know what? Its not just one thing there its a bunch of things QB, receivers, Brat the line sometimes so everyone hang in there don't get ur pantys in a bunch and have a little faith!! Do you really think anyone is going to beat Indy this year anyway plus they got home field all the way now.

OK first off Look at were the team was last year at this time and look were it is this year. We will make the playoffs and that's good!! And are offense does need something to get a jump start but I don't know what? Its not just one thing there its a bunch of things QB, receivers, Brat the line sometimes so everyone hang in there don't get ur pantys in a bunch and have a little faith!! Do you really think anyone is going to beat Indy this year anyway plus they got home field all the way now...But anything can happen!! (Except Joe Pong not talking about Carson). .