BenR to sit?

kneepit

From RotoWorld:

A league source tells NFL.com's Jason La Canfora that Ben Roethlisberger (head, questionable) is considering sitting out Week 12.

Despite practicing all week and experiencing no concussion-related symptoms, Big Ben reportedly informed coach Mike Tomlin that he might sit out "as a precaution." This explains Roethlisberger's "questionable" tag on the injury report. La Canfora says Big Ben will decide whether to face Baltimore on Saturday. We're speculating, but would expect him to start the key intradivision game. The Steelers' only other healthy QB is Dennis Dixon.

This dude just loves attention. He plays up every injury. I will be shocked if he doesn't play.

Normally I'd agree, but he took a pretty good shot. I mean, you could tell he wasn't right because he was on the sideline with this dopey, vacuous look on his face. Then, after he got hit...well, he looked pretty much the same. ;)

In all seriousness, I think he over-sells his injuries, but with this game being pretty important to their playoff future, they don't sit him if they're not concerned. He took a knee to the head, and with the NFL's newfound concern over concussions, no way they take chances.

I would be real happy if the Ravens man up and win one of these games against s**ttsburgh

Me too, I think if the Steelers lose two more games, they won't make it into the playoffs.

That would be the ultimate disaster of a season for them. Didn't make the playoffs, swept by the Bengals, and still have to draft late in the rounds.

Yeah Big Ben took a pretty good shot, I think the Chief who collided with him even hurt his knee a little.

But I hope he plays and the Ravens win. They should of beat the Colts. They were in field goal range to win when the interception was thrown.

Ben is out. Dixon is getting the start, and they pulled a player from the PS to be the back-up.

An hour ago I couldn't see any way the Steelers would lose 3 straight. Now I'll be surprised if they don't.

If the Bengals beat Cleveland and the Steelers lose to Baltimore, the division is all but wrapped up.

Troy Polamalu is also listed as out for the game. A huge opportunity for the Ravens Sunday night!

How do things need to shake up for us to clinch the division? I don't know enough about all this stuff to know when we could clinch. Steelers lose, we win -- does that clinch it? They'd be at best 3-3 in the division . . . so we'd be at least 3 games up on the entire division in that respect. Anyone good at this stuff?

How do things need to shake up for us to clinch the division? I don't know enough about all this stuff to know when we could clinch. Steelers lose, we win -- does that clinch it? They'd be at best 3-3 in the division . . . so we'd be at least 3 games up on the entire division in that respect. Anyone good at this stuff?

Best overall record wins the division. The tie-breaker is the better division record. Steelers and/or the Ravens could still win the AFCN. If the Bengals go 11-5 they should be able to win the AFCN.

Best overall record wins the division. The tie-breaker is the better division record. Steelers and/or the Ravens could still win the AFCN. If the Bengals go 11-5 they should be able to win the AFCN.

so short of a meltdown looks like we're a few weeks away from a clinch yet.

Tonight just goes to prove the old cliche that "past performance is no guarantee of future success."

When the powers-that-be picked this game for prime time, they probably thought they would be getting The Almighty Roethlisberger, Greatest QB since Jesus Started for the Bethlehem Mangers v. Kid Flacco, History's Most NFL-Ready QB, in a battle for the AFC North crown.

Instead, they get Kid Succo versus some guy named Dixon in a battle of teams chasing the Cincinnati Bengals. :lol:

Go Kid Succo...

I'll stick it here as well, the Hines Ward drive-by on his qb in the pre-game:

"This game is almost like a playoff game," Ward told NBC's Bob Costas. "It's almost a 'must' win. So, I can see some players or some teammates kind of questioning like, 'Well, it's just a concussion. I've played with concussions before. I would go out there and play.' So, it's almost like a 50-50 toss-up in the locker room. You know, should he play, shouldn't he play. It's really hard to say.

"I've been out there dinged up. The following week, got right back out there. You know, Ben practiced all week. . . . To find out that he's still having some headaches and not playing and it came down to doctor's didn't feel that they was gonna clear him. . . . It's hard to say, unless you're the person. . . . I've lied to a couple of doctors saying 'I'm straight, I feel good,' when I knew I'm really not straight. But I don't think guys really about the future when they're playing currently in the NFL. . . .

"Trust me, the players, they wanna go out there because these games, you don't get back. You're never gonna get this Baltimore-Pittsburgh game back."

Wow.

Though Hines never says, "Ben is being soft," the import is clear. Hines is essentially saying, "Ben is being soft."

so short of a meltdown looks like we're a few weeks away from a clinch yet.

The magic number is 3. Of course if the Bengals win this week and the Ravens and Steelers were to lose it would be 1 and so on. I think it's going to come down to the Bengals clinching the AFCN against KC in week 16.