Jeremi Johnson not practicing

Ickey44

Newest Hobson article said that he didn't practice today but was in the training room. He came out towards the end of practice with ice on his knee and said he would be a go on Sunday. Not too concerned. If he's not practicing on Friday, well, maybe I'll get nervous.

I'm getting more excited to see if Andre or Chase get any action against baltimore. Part of me thinks we won't see them until the cleveland/oakland/KC stretch. Either way, real excited to see those two guys the second half of the season. Glad the bye-week is over and can't wait to pour it on the rat-birds.

Always with the jokes. Ced Benson is leading the NFL in rushing (or was, prior to Minny getting the extra game in) and some of that credit, you would think, goes to his fullback.

I hope Johnson is indeed ready to go for Sunday. He's needed.

Always with the jokes. Ced Benson is leading the NFL in rushing (or was, prior to Minny getting the extra game in) and some of that credit, you would think, goes to his fullback.

Agreed, which is why I posted the link. Johnson has been clearing holes for Ced and if we have to rely on Coats to do that we're screwed. Both of our preseason FBs are on other teams now and there's no one else to go to.

I guess some of it does but, you know, I don't think Benson's success has much to do with Johnson as it does the line. I think Johnson's value is more as a blocker on play action passing.

They run Benson very often from the single back set. Jeremi is in blocking some runs but the majority of them are single back sets.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-2xgNAbU6U

Vakapuna's back, per Hobs. Signed to the 53 man roster off 'Zona's practice squad. Bengals will need to cut someone.

Lookout Shirley. I hope this is just precautionary, a new FB against Balt and Pit for the next two games could spell trouble for Palmer and Benson.

Vakapuna's back, per Hobs. Signed to the 53 man roster off 'Zona's practice squad. Bengals will need to cut someone.

Lookout Shirley. I hope this is just precautionary, a new FB against Balt and Pit for the next two games could spell trouble for Palmer and Benson.

Shirley is on the PS. They'll need to cut someone from active roster or put them on IR. Candidates: Nelson, Coates, Simpson to be cut... or maybe Jeremi to IR????

Shirley is on the PS. They'll need to cut someone from active roster or put them on IR. Candidates: Nelson, Coates, Simpson to be cut... or maybe Jeremi to IR????

Sweet. Buhbye Benjamin I hope.

My money's on Kooistra. A back-up lineman that will probably never see the field and is too old to be a developmental prospect.

:blink: I'd forgotten he was still with the bengals. Yeah, another good choice. Plus with Andre the Hutt coming into the lineup in the next couple of weeks, someone else will act as depth.

My money's on Kooistra. A back-up lineman that will probably never see the field and is too old to be a developmental prospect.

A good pick. They've got enough tackles on the roster now anyway since Smith is active again.

A good pick. They've got enough tackles on the roster now anyway since Smith is active again.

they could demote Nelson or Skuta to the PS.

that is probably what will happen, doubt they will outright release anyone.

Alright!!! Hong Kong Fui returns!!! :bengal:

I like Coats but I hope he's the casualty. I still am not giving up on Simpson even if the coaches are. I think Tom Nelson could be cut and I wished we kept Marvin White.

Marvin White can't get on the field for the Lions. Why should we have kept him? Simpson should be cut too. He's eating up a useful roster spot and hasn't contributed anything in 2 years. In fact, he's so bad I'd bet that he could pass through waivers and become eligible for the practice squad. Although it sucks to give up on a 2d round pick, it sucks worse to keep the loser around when his spot could be used for a much more deserving player.