IT SO CLEAR NOW. Superbowl here we come!

walzav29

1st Superbowl 1982 - On CBS

2nd Superbowl 1989 - In Miami

Subtract the 2 years you get 7

2010 (this years SB Date) subtract 7 = 2003 (The year Marvin and Carson arrive)

2010+CBS+Miami+Carson+Marvin-Joe Montana = Superbowl Champions

See?

You must be a politician, to get numbers to dance to your will like that.

Naw, I'm fine with Wal's theory because he's been around long enough I know it's tongue in cheek. It brought a chuckle to me, to be honest. In fact, it was quite clever the more I thought about it.

I do think Walzav needs to move to my county, run for commissioner and do the same trick with our budget numbers.

I've already explained this whole thing is my fault on a larger scale:

The Bengals last appearance in a Super Bowl was 1989, the year before I joined the Army. Since then, well, you know how it's been. However, I retire officially from the Army on the 1st of March 2011. That being the case, we are due for a return to the Super Bowl during the 2011 season.

Sorry about the 90's and the lost decade... :lol:

The only numbers I care about this season are the ones before the w and l. I ever remain the skeptic about my team but that's because I started watching football in 1992 and have rarely seen anything out of the Bengals but terrible, terrible seasons. Still, I hold hope that this squad in particular wins an SB for us. I just wish Rudi could have gotten one with us.

The Bengals record in 1987 the year before they went to Superbowl 23? 4-11.

The Bengals record last year? 4-11-1.

It's obvious.

Hold the other horses. 1987--without me looking it up on my Blackberry--how'd they finish 4-11? Was there a tie? A game get called due to flood? Strike season? What?

1987 strike shortened season. Scabs and all. 15 total games played per team.

Hold the goddam horses. Wayyyyy too early for such thoughts.

When I read that, this is all I could think of...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro

Yeah... ^_^ ...I'm about to be trampled, but I remain six degrees from Kevin Bacon. :lol:

The Bengals record in 1987 the year before they went to Superbowl 23? 4-11.

The Bengals record last year? 4-11-1.

It's obvious.

Hold the other horses. 1987--without me looking it up on my Blackberry--how'd they finish 4-11? Was there a tie? A game get called due to flood? Strike season? What?

1987 strike shortened season. Scabs and all. 15 total games played per team.

Gotcha. Sorry I was too lazy to do the legwork an that one. Thanks bunch.

I think it's obvious that like the Bengals of years past, the Bengals fans can't handle success either. Since when does a 4 game winning streak translate into a Superbowl appearance? Calm down people, it's not even half way through the season yet.

I think it's obvious that like the Bengals of years past, the Bengals fans can't handle success either. Since when does a 4 game winning streak translate into a Superbowl appearance? Calm down people, it's not even half way through the season yet.

Agree... If it happens great and I will be rooting for it with every ounce of my being, but there can't be an expectation at this point.

I did call for the 2011 season to be fair though... ^_^

Sorry people. There IS NO WAY I'm lowering expectations. It's not like we're 4-1 every season. I believe this is the 3rd time in 19 years. I'm gonna enjoy every single minute of it. I love this team, I liked them before the season and I'm loving them now.

I'm not saying you should lower your expectations, but to say we're going to the Superbowl as fact isn't all that bright.

You can and SHOULD be loving every minute of it, but to suddenly claim this team is going to the Super Bowl I think is a bit off.

If they continue to play strong and put together complete games with the offense improving each week and we are into the last portion of the season, then yeah. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I will take a more tempered approach with, lets say, GREAT HOPE !!!

Sorry people. There IS NO WAY I'm lowering expectations. It's not like we're 4-1 every season. I believe this is the 3rd time in 19 years. I'm gonna enjoy every single minute of it. I love this team, I liked them before the season and I'm loving them now.

Hell yeah Wal!! I'm with you buddy. I feel the same. I need every second of this too!

Anyway, that's what you play the game for. I believe we're going to the Super Bowl EVERY year. Ask any player, why play if you don't know what you want? I wanna win a super bowl so I'm not lowering any of my expectations. If there'e a letdown, there's always next year.

I'm not saying a Superbowl trip is a GUARANTEE, but why not? They have the talent to be in the Superbowl. Look, as fans nothing we do truly matters on the field, and I'll put our boys up against anyone right now.

Running game - Check

Great QB - Check

Defense - Check

Motivation - Check

Good Mojo - Check

They can play on the road, and this team has not even played a complete game yet. Don't forget about the youth that will improve as the season goes along.

Ne- Off

Colts - To me are the biggest problem

Pitt - They still have that giant Superbowl target on their backs. Now Aaron Smith is out. It's been a while since a team could pull off the repeat. The timing is perfect. If not now, then when?

I'm not saying a Superbowl trip is a GUARANTEE, but why not? They have the talent to be in the Superbowl. Look, as fans nothing we do truly matters on the field, and I'll put our boys up against anyone right now.

Running game - Check

Great QB - Check

Defense - Check

Motivation - Check

Good Mojo - Check

They can play on the road, and this team has not even played a complete game yet. Don't forget about the youth that will improve as the season goes along.

Ne- Off

Pitt - They still have that giant Superbowl target on their backs. Now Aaron Smith is out. It's been a while since a team could pull off the repeat. The timing is perfect. If not now, then when?

Hey, screw the Super Bowl. You running for county commissioner or not?

Running game - Check

Great QB - Check

Defense - Check

Motivation - Check

Good Mojo - Check

Ne- Off

I like the way you are thinking! Back in 1988 they came out of nowhere from a 4-11 season to take the AFC central title and homefield advantage on a fortunate 4th QTR win against the defending SB champion Redskins. That team had an effcient offense...just like now. Check. The defense was not spectacular but motivated. Check. The city was behind them and the breaks that year went their way. Check.

I'm not saying Superbowl...but alot of the same chemistry is there from 1988. We came close in 2005 but the FEELING with the team and fans seems to be getting to the 1988 level. Let's see what develops. This city thrives off chemistry, not outright dominance. Bengals 1988 and Reds 1990. We go 6-1 or 5-2 into the bye week and we'll have a great chance at the playoffs...from there who knows what can happen. This is fun and we deserve this. Who Dey?