Draft Conversation

BengalPimp

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***Not discussing the Spikes incident anymore*** General comment.

Yeah, this thing used to happen all the time in rugby too. Not since TV coverage became so good, about 15 yrs ago, has it been prevalent though. If this happened more often then the cameras would pick it up guaranteed. Not a single incident goes by in rugby of this, even the subtlest of attempts, without a camera picking it up now. The cameras in the NFL & CFB are far more numerous than even in rugby. So to say gouging specifically happens in most piles still is bogus I'm afraid.

I'm not debating this, I'm stating a fact. Deal with it and move on.

***Not discussing the Spikes incident anymore*** General comment.

Yeah, this thing used to happen all the time in rugby too. Not since TV coverage became so good, about 15 yrs ago, has it been prevalent though. If this happened more often then the cameras would pick it up guaranteed. Not a single incident goes by in rugby of this, even the subtlest of attempts, without a camera picking it up now. The cameras in the NFL & CFB are far more numerous than even in rugby. So to say gouging specifically happens in most piles still is bogus I'm afraid.

I'm not debating this, I'm stating a fact. Deal with it and move on.

I thought you weren't talking about this anymore? :P

I was laying down the law. :angry:

But kudos to Spikes for at least doing something about it, even if I'm not convinced it was for the right reasons. At least he did something, unlike someone else who shall remain nameless

URBAN MEYER

Did you manage to get a look at Myron Lewis btw Supa?

I was laying down the law. :angry:

But kudos to Spikes for at least doing something about it, even if I'm not convinced it was for the right reasons. At least he did something, unlike someone else who shall remain nameless

URBAN MEYER

Did you manage to get a look at Myron Lewis btw Supa?

I did get a look at Myron Lewis and I must say...I was fairly impressed. He made a couple of plays but its hard to tell how good he could be on a good team b/c he plays for such a terrible team. I would consider it a steal if we got him in the 3rd though.

Excuse me, Pidge...I agree with you Spikes did do the appropriate thing and he shouldn't have been the one to do it but don't jump on my man Urban. While he should have been the one to suspend him for a full game especially vs. Vandy but he wasn't the only one making the decision. Coach Meyer discussed what he should do with the athletic director and SEC officials and they all agreed on a half a game suspension.

I was just pointing that out! But I don't want to turn this back into that kinda thread... ^_^

I was only jabbing at you. ;) Yeah, I liked the look of Lewis when I saw him earlier this yr. Got nice size and quick enough. Would certainly eat up a lot of space in our secondary. Maybe maybe he falls to the 3rd. I'll be screaming at the TV for the Bengals to grab him if he's there. There's a chance he does as Berry and Mays will take up most of the headlines with Major Wright also getting some love. The fact that he plays on a pretty bad team helps the chances.

I've completely changed my mind. If Miami is serious about taking the Wildcat on for at least 50% of each game then there is only one guy who can effectively run the scheme and make it a serious weapon. Yup, Tim Tebow. He could find some real success with it at the next level and it's the only really sane destination if he really doesn't want to change positions at the next level.

The kind of guy that Tuna likes as well. A graduate and a winner.

I've completely changed my mind. If Miami is serious about taking the Wildcat on for at least 50% of each game then there is only one guy who can effectively run the scheme and make it a serious weapon. Yup, Tim Tebow. He could find some real success with it at the next level and it's the only really sane destination if he really doesn't want to change positions at the next level.

The kind of guy that Tuna likes as well. A graduate and a winner.

I could see that working.

Final thought, the Bama kicker as a potential replacement for Shayne next yr? The dude has 350 career pts FFS!

Ummmm....Shayne had 371 Career points...at VT :)

Just sayin...

So what do Safetys look like after Berry & Mays,Any good ones that have chance being there late in the 1st?I'd be fine with Ndukwe as future & Roy as depth...But if the right guy is on the board ;) wouldn't mind taking SS...Though I think Guard still geta targeted early for Bobbies Replacement unless they feel he can go 1-2 more years well they develop shirly or another young linemen.

Final thought, the Bama kicker as a potential replacement for Shayne next yr? The dude has 350 career pts FFS!

Ummmm....Shayne had 371 Career points...at VT :)

Just sayin...

Hey, I really like Shayne, never understood the ire that he draws from some quarters but ya know, if they can't come to an agreement with him then just looking ahead.

So what do Safetys look like after Berry & Mays,Any good ones that have chance being there late in the 1st?I'd be fine with Ndukwe as future & Roy as depth...But if the right guy is on the board ;) wouldn't mind taking SS...Though I think Guard still geta targeted early for Bobbies Replacement unless they feel he can go 1-2 more years well they develop shirly or another young linemen.

I'm keeping everything crossed that Myrone Lewis from Vandy falls to the third. A little raw and plays on a crappy team (so hopefully he's overlooked) but he's the next best thing to Mays in terms of size and speed. 6-3 210 and a 4.5 40 time. He'd be a FS though.

A SS candidate might be Woodall from Bama. Should be available in the middle rnds. 6-2 220 lbs and 4.5 40.

I'm keeping everything crossed that Myrone Lewis from Vandy falls to the third. A little raw and plays on a crappy team (so hopefully he's overlooked) but he's the next best thing to Mays in terms of size and speed. 6-3 210 and a 4.5 40 time. He'd be a FS though.

A SS candidate might be Woodall from Bama. Should be available in the middle rnds. 6-2 220 lbs and 4.5 40.

I can I wouldn't mind drafting both of them

I can't be the only Nate Allen fan. I'd love to land this guy in the third, and I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we took him in the second.

I can't be the only Nate Allen fan. I'd love to land this guy in the third, and I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we took him in the second.

Nate Allen is another good choice. He, Lewis and Woodall would all be great pickups if they're sitting there in the 3rd. Not sure about going for him in the second, Stuckey would be my preference if we were to go for a safety that high.

Not sure why I put Woodall in there, his coverage skills are practically non-existent. That drops him to the 4th/5th rnd at best. Still, he has the potential to be a workout warrior. He might go 1st overall to the Raiduhs if he can blitz the 40 yd dash.

Nate Allen plays for USF, I'll make sure to have a specific look at him when the Canes play them. He's caught the eye before though. Stuckey plays for Kansas and will most likely be in the top 3 or 4 safeties taken.