If the Bengals ever get a QB, they could be REALLY good!

JoePong

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly is the problem? For years, we said if only we could get a solid defense, this team would be great. Then, if only we had a good running game, we could be really good. Or, if the O-Line plays well, we can be dangerous. Now, it just happens that the weakness on this team is the QB position. Why do yo have a problem with someone pointing that out? Since when is it somehow taboo to talk about what areas this team needs to improve?

Good defense, good running game and RBs, good WRs. All the pieces are there for a championship caliber team. Good QB play is the one missing ingredient. There's reason to be excited about the future of the Bengals.

Carson threw 3 TD's. Only Drew Brees equaled that mark.

They do need a TE!!!! Im not going to give up on Palmer yet, yea he made his mistakes, but he also came back instead of holding his head down. He/this team could of held there heads and blew this game but they didnt, so just get over it Palmer is the QB and you dont have to bring it up every week we get you dont like Palmer, and thats fine but shut-up about it.

Get over it he is the QB of this team, you cant bring me down today on this day!

What exactly is the problem? For years, we said if only we could get a solid defense, this team would be great. Then, if only we had a good running game, we could be really good. Or, if the O-Line plays well, we can be dangerous. Now, it just happens that the weakness on this team is the QB position. Why do yo have a problem with someone pointing that out? Since when is it somehow taboo to talk about what areas this team needs to improve?

Because you are a f**kin' one-note sally who has no other tricks up her sleeve but syphillis of the keyboard. Two awful mistakes from Palmer, but he also threw three TDs and ran for another. And was mistake free in the second half in guiding them to the win. But do you acknowledge that? Can you move beyond your blind troll hate and look at the full picture with him? No, you f**kin' can't. Which makes you f**kin' useless as a poster. And a pure troll. You should be run, and we all know it. You want to be more than just an STD-ridden buttf**k on these boards? Move beyond your bulls**t with Palmer and use a little nuance in your analysis.

Otherwise, respectfully, go f**k yourself.

I also thin owe need to find a solid every down TE. You have a problem with that too?

If they can teach Coffman to become even decent at blocking - there's your TE for a decade. I hope they take a QB in the next couple of yrs in the draft but more importantly, linemen. Keep drafting linemen and not just 6th round project picks from Walafuzoo State Nursing School but decent college tackles who can transition into being damn fine guards at the NFL level.

Palmer saves his arse with a good head during the game and his good arm. But his LACK of mobility is a concerning issue. As long as the O line continues to imnprove Palmer will be ok but it does worry me that he can not get out of his own shadows way. In todays NFL you need a QB that can run when he has too. We do not have that!

are we forgetting this is game two and its only the second full game he has played in a year? we have 5 or 6 new starters on offense as well. give it a rest.

Dude you don't get it...it sucks that they won because that really limits all the naysayers' ability to bitch 'n' moan. How are we to bust on Mike Brown and the front office if the team won't cooperate and lose? :lol:

Damn Bengals! Lots of people were all set to spend a week being a**jackles and now they can't! It sucks when the Bengals win!

Palmer saves his arse with a good head during the game and his good arm. But his LACK of mobility is a concerning issue. As long as the O line continues to imnprove Palmer will be ok but it does worry me that he can not get out of his own shadows way. In todays NFL you need a QB that can run when he has too. We do not have that!

It helps to have that but it isn't necessary. Really, there are very teams who have that. It's in our mind because Jen is mobile and he has to be behind that O-line. Plus they have no running game anymore, what's up with that? Anyways I'm rambling.

What you absolutely need is a QB with a strong accurate arm and a good temperament. This isn't college. Running about at QB doesn't win you s**t 99.9% of the time.

Today was a good start to a competitive season. I will admit that. But they have 17 years to reverse in my mind. I am not going to give them, "WELL THIS, OR THAT" happened as excuses. Maybe that is why Carson can not move worth crap, because so many fans have their heads up his arse he can't move!

Are there concerns with Carson ?? Sure. His mobility makes me nervous when he's under pressure and the rust he's shaking off, needs to come off sooner rather than later. That being said, he overcame his poor decisions better than most would, threw 3 TD's, rushed for one, and had him and Chad been on the same page, they would have had another TD as Chad was wide open when he ran a post route and Carson threw an out.

Carson will be fine.

Today was a good start to a competitive season. I will admit that. But they have 17 years to reverse in my mind. I am not going to give them, "WELL THIS, OR THAT" happened as excuses. Maybe that is why Carson can not move worth crap, because so many fans have their heads up his arse he can't move!

This tim guy is a bigger jack a** than the guy who started this thread. get a life!! WE JUST BEAT THE PACKERS (TOP 6 IN THE POWER RANKINGS ON MOST SITES, NOT SAYING THAT MEANS ANYHTING) IN LAMBO FIELD AND NO ONE REALLY GAVE US A CHANCE. I DONT CARE HOW WE WON TODAY BUT WE WON. LETS MOVE ON TO NEXT WEEK

This tim guy is a bigger jack a** than the guy who started this thread. get a life!! WE JUST BEAT THE PACKERS (TOP 6 IN THE POWER RANKINGS ON MOST SITES, NOT SAYING THAT MEANS ANYHTING) IN LAMBO FIELD AND NO ONE REALLY GAVE US A CHANCE. I DONT CARE HOW WE WON TODAY BUT WE WON. LETS MOVE ON TO NEXT WEEK

Again, vette, you just don't get it! Bengals victories interfere with out ability to complain about the front office! They get in the way of our angst about the last bazillion years! Bitch bitch bitch is all we know! The Bengals must stop winning asap or our whole reason for being vanishes! All victories must be fluke, accidents, filled with mistakes because the bengals can never be good or improve or win! Otherwise our entire worldview will collapse and we will be left curled in a fetal position sucking our thumbs in our mom's basement!

These types ignore those kinds of FACTS.

Again, vette, you just don't get it! Bengals victories interfere with out ability to complain about the front office! They get in the way of our angst about the last bazillion years! Bitch bitch bitch is all we know! The Bengals must stop winning asap or our whole reason for being vanishes! All victories must be fluke, accidents, filled with mistakes because the bengals can never be good or improve or win! Otherwise our entire worldview will collapse and we will be left curled in a fetal position sucking our thumbs in our mom's basement!