Bengals Nat'l Enquirer Take on Carson Palmer: Is he a goat toucher

membengal

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It turns out it was DontPushMe and sheep -- not Carson and goats

The part about Carson's hands (as disclosed by Hair) remains true, unfortunately

(err, for the out-of-the-loop, please re-read http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=20143 from start to finish, then return here. If you are not in the loop at that point, I just can't help you)

Kyle Cook's taint?

Or a goat?

You decide!

It's up for debate!

Well, congrats, mem. Never thought I'd see you demonstrate this level of classlessness, especially over a silly Bengals article. Not a fight over somebody insulting your kids, or something semi-major.

You don't have to worry about taking a break because of all of us trolls. Even in insult, all of us are still pretty much 'friends' with a common cause. Or so I thought. I work hard on the articles. I thought people enjoyed them even if there were disagreements. That's why I post the links here. I guess it's perfectly ok to be an ass and mock what I try to do a decent job at.

Won't happen again.

Not about you, Greg. Or your articles. Which I actually read.

It's about the frame you used. There are a few comments on the other thread that put the finger right on the issue. Draw people with your excellence, not with sensationalism. That's a fair request.

And if you didn't want people to comment, why post it here?

I strongly, vehemently, disagree with the frame.

If that's not okay, and if my pointing it out in my own unique (most would say assish) ways is not okay, then why am I here?

You can make the point you are making with the Smith piece without appealing the baser nature of the worst of the posters. That's all. Is that so hard to grasp?

Not about you, Greg. Or your articles. Which I actually read.

It's about the frame you used. There are a few comments on the other thread that put the finger right on the issue. Draw people with your excellence, not with sensationalism. That's a fair request.

And if you didn't want people to comment, why post it here?

I strongly, vehemently, disagree with the frame.

If that's not okay, and if my pointing it out in my own unique (most would say assish) ways is not okay, then why am I here?

You can make the point you are making with the Smith piece without appealing the baser nature of the worst of the posters. That's all. Is that so hard to grasp?

That's all fine and good. You and most others said all that in my original thread, and I had no problem with that.

This little mockery thread of yours goes beyond all of that. It is a personal insult to me. I want nothing to do with it and have nothing else to say on the matter.

This thread went up when you doubled down on the other thread, despite your initial good sense in pulling it.

So, when you double down, I don't get to respond?

Good to know the rules.

This thread went up when you doubled down on the other thread, despite your initial good sense in pulling it.

Good to know the rules.

You know what? Screw you and your little 'good to know the rules' crap. All you people on here fall back on that crap and it's just that...crap.

You crossed a line here you didn't have to cross. Either man up and make it right with me, or you and I will have nothing more to say period. You choose. I don't care either way.

btw, greg, I would have presumed you "friend under a common cause" as well until the "bust" thing.

Now it seems like your cause is to stir up the GHD's of the world. At any cost.

And I am not down with that.

btw, greg, I would have presumed you "friend under a common cause" as well until the "bust" thing.

Now it seems like your cause is to stir up the GHD's of the world. At any cost.

And I am not down with that.

Yeah, BS to that. You're the one that decide to start this thread. That's where all of this went off course. Yeah, it was real funny, wasn't it? I don't give a rat's rump what you are down with. You know what's right here. Do it.

You don't have to worry about taking a break because of all of us trolls. Even in insult, all of us are still pretty much 'friends' with a common cause. Or so I thought. I work hard on the articles. I thought people enjoyed them even if there were disagreements. That's why I post the links here. I guess it's perfectly ok to be an ass and mock what I try to do a decent job at.

Won't happen again.

Well Greg, on a more positive note, I've learned to like you. And as crazy as this would have sounded once...I look forward to your posts. Considering how you and I started off months ago it's pretty remarkable.

Then again, as your picture constantly reminds us, you are a handsome man. And who am I to resist?

As for the subject at hand, I think it's fair game, but the reaction is predictable. After all, part of being a Bengal fan is dealing with other Bengal fans....including the type who wants to be the first to see the negative in everything. And along those same lines, who amongst us hasn't stumbled upon posts, written by Bengal fans, declaring our rookies to be busts on the very same day they were drafted?

Just saying...

For myself, I was just taking it as a good natured satirical take on Greg's thread

My responses were/are over-the-top ridiculous in tune with that view

No offense intended by me, Greg.....just some comedy

(oh and to Hair - sweetie, both Chris "Two Carry" Perry and Frosty the Slowman are STILL bigtime busts)

:-)

Won't happen again.

Well Greg, on a more positive note, I've learned to like you. And as crazy as this would have sounded once...I look forward to your posts. Considering how you and I started off months ago it's pretty remarkable.

Then again, as your picture constantly reminds us, you are a handsome man. And who am I to resist?

As for the subject at hand, I think it's fair game, but the reaction is predictable. After all, part of being a Bengal fan is dealing with other Bengal fans....including the type who wants to be the first to see the negative in everything. And along those same lines, who amongst us hasn't stumbled upon posts, written by Bengal fans, declaring our rookies to be busts on the very same day they were drafted?

Just saying...

I took no offense at anything that was said in the original thread. I expected the reaction, although not as vehement as mem's were from square one, but I didn't care.

With this thread, he crossed the line. Disagree with the original article, that doesn't bother me. I shouldn't have taken it down the first time because there wasn't anything wrong with it, but I did and then I reposted it. So he gets pissed again and starts this thread.

He pm'd me. I pm'd him back. I told him if he apologized over this thread, I'm good and it's all behind us. He's threatening to leave. I don't want him to leave, but that's on him.

And btw, Hair, I know you and I got off to a rocky start and still don't eye to eye sometimes, but I appreciate what you said here and I have actually come to like you as well.

OK, reality police comin' 'roun na. This is goofy. I like how mem admitted he/she was being an ass, or at the least that his actions were assish. At the same time I thought this thread was funny. mostly because it took me ten minutes to be sure that he was teasing Greg's article. I just don't see the value in getting in such a tizzy over someone calling andre smith a bust. Much in the same way I voiced in the other thread that Greg was a little wreckless in his article by ascribing smith as a bust two days in, mem was wreckless in responding like Greg lit his front lawn on fire or something. Chill out peeps. We got 12-4 to look forward to.

Good to know the rules.

Threadpolice douchebag.

The worst part is that Greg caved and actually took his article down.

I would have told you to go f**k yourself.

He took the time to write it, and the usual 4 or 5 loudest douchebags here bashed him for it.

Boy when the thread police get a little wind behind their sails, watch out folks. They even start going after the good guys, not just "trolls" like me.

You just keep on saving us from ourselves, mem. You make a great forum policeman, I mean it. Hopefully you won't need to take any emotional time off from the forum because the threads aren't meeting your high expectations.

(oh and to Hair - sweetie, both Chris "Two Carry" Perry and Frosty the Slowman are STILL bigtime busts)

If true then it's because they each proved over an extended period of time they couldn't play in the NFL, NOT because a posters like you stumbled all over yourselves trying to be the first dink to call the guy a bust.

I'm suddenly reminded Smith hasn't played a single down in the NFL yet...so any definitive opinion anyone has formed now is either based upon absolutely nothing OR his playing career at Alabama. Obviously both examples can be little more than pure speculation now, but at least the latter is based upon something of substance. Best, as MamaBearCat proves on a near daily basis, no matter how clueless you might be you always have at least a 50/50 shot of calling things correctly even if you've never actually seen a football.