Hard Knocks

Dan2330

I am looking forward to see how the Bengals come off on Hard Knocks. I think this is a golden chance for the team to shed it's bad reputation around the league and with other players- especially soon to be free agents that might want to give Cincy a look. Would have been nice to have the first rounder signed and in camp, that could have sent a message since I am sure HBO will focus a lot of material on that.

Anyone else have any pre-show feelings on how they think this is going to turn out?

IMO the Cowboys came across as HORRID on HK last year!

I think if youare a Bengals fan, Hard Knocks will be fun to watch if for no other reason than it gives you a look at the franchise you won't see in any other media outlet. I'm still trying to get a months worth of HBO for free to watch...

Now wait a minute...I'll be watching too. And I imagine it'll be fun for me, too.

I think if youare a Bengals fan, Hard Knocks will be fun to watch if for no other reason than it gives you a look at the franchise you won't see in any other media outlet. I'm still trying to get a months worth of HBO for free to watch...

Now wait a minute...I'll be watching too. And I imagine it'll be fun for me, too.

That's cool DPD and I'm glad you come back to the board every here and there to add some thought from the other side of things.

My line of thought with ANY Hard Knocks team is, it would HAVE to be more interesting to the fans of the team actually participating.

There are some teams that I could see taking an interest in just for the hell of it though.

Just me but I think the only way that the Bengals can shed their rep as a bad team is to win games and be a consistent playoff contender...I don't think that 1 season of HK can erase 20+ season of futility...

When I have watch the other teams it was more entertaining as I had no general awareness of the team and what was happening at any given time. Since we all closely follow the Bengals, it seems like it might come off as cold and stale.

I will look forward to seeing the inside of how things work with the team but as for insights and news, it may be past the date when it would be fresh.

I will say there areplenty of storylines to develop.

1. Palmer - Chad

2. Rookies - in camp or not. I wonder if anyone will say

3. Veterans just trying to restart their career (Williams) or hanging on (or being cut like Watson)

4. Coaches - Zimmer is an appealing figure

5. Ownership - I wonder if they will highlight his failings and note WDR efforts to raise the issues

6. USC alums (or any like contingents) - Rivers, Rey, Carson, Frostee

7. Injuries - knock on wood.

Anyone know of a good torrent site I might be able to download this series from after it concludes?

piratebay.org

isohunt

are the 2 I tend to use

Cheers, I'll check out isohunt when the series comes to an end. Not sure if they'd have hard knocks on demonoid, as good a site as it is.

I would like to see the Dolphins camp myself find out why all these players are quiting haha.

Oddly enough, a former favorite Bengal of mine was one of them - ST/DB Ethan Kilmer

I didn't hear about this.. What did Kilmer do?

As far as the premier of Hard Knocks goes, I'll be attending a Hard Knocks viewing party (my idea) at buddies house. I would love to post some pics for you guys if I can... Anyone have any ideas for a good food to bring? Favorite recipe for parties?

Anyone have any ideas for a good food to bring? Favorite recipe for parties?

1 bag tortilla chips

1 pkg (12 oz) cream cheese

1 pkg (12 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

1 can (15 oz) skyline chili

Optional: for flavor, you can add diced onions, jalepenos, tabasco, etc

Spread cream cheese in bottom of microwave safe container

Spread onions, etc on top of cream cheese

Spread chili on next

Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of chili

At party, zap dip for 2 minutes in microwave.

Easy Peasy.

WARNING: Do not eat on (your own) white sofa or plush carpet. :P

Anyone have any ideas for a good food to bring? Favorite recipe for parties?

1 bag tortilla chips

1 pkg (12 oz) cream cheese

1 pkg (12 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

1 can (15 oz) skyline chili

Optional: for flavor, you can add diced onions, jalepenos, tabasco, etc

Spread cream cheese in bottom of microwave safe container

Spread onions, etc on top of cream cheese

Spread chili on next

Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of chili

At party, zap dip for 2 minutes in microwave.

Easy Peasy.

WARNING: Do not eat on (your own) white sofa or plush carpet. :P

My wife makes this stuff. It is delicious, and easy to make.

You forgot to add wear dark pants.

I would like to see the Dolphins camp myself find out why all these players are quiting haha.

Oddly enough, a former favorite Bengal of mine was one of them - ST/DB Ethan Kilmer

As far as the premier of Hard Knocks goes, I'll be attending a Hard Knocks viewing party (my idea) at buddies house. I would love to post some pics for you guys if I can... Anyone have any ideas for a good food to bring? Favorite recipe for parties?

Welcome back, bud. Whereya been?

Welcome back, bud. Whereya been?

I've been around man, I'm hanging in there... Things have been a little boring, not much to talk about. I'm just getting ready for the season. I think after Hard Knocks we'll all be on the same page. This is going to be a good season, I can feel it! We deserve a good season damnit.

Skyline chili dip is alright, too many calories for me lol. I gotta watch my figure. One of the girls is making it but thanks for the suggestion... You guys have any other ideas?