Bengals sign Huber

ArmyBengal

REALLY important signing for the Bengals. Nice to see them still moving with getting the picks in camp on time !!!

Bengals ink fifth-round punter

Posted by Mike Florio on July 16, 2009 10:18 AM

The Cincinnati Bengals have gotten their sixth 2009 draft pick under contract, agreeing to terms with punter Kevin Huber.

Huber, who played at the University of Cincinnati, was a fifth-round pick. He has signed a four-year deal.

The acquisition of Huber prompted the Bengals to cut Kyle Larson, who had held the job for five straight years.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/16/bengals-ink-fifth-round-punter/

Where is Bearcat to remind us that Huber's name isn't Andre Smith?

Ah... Sweet silence.

I'm sure he's giving sound advice to some confused mother right now. We'll just have to be strong and try to endure without him/her.

Ah... Sweet silence.

I'm sure he's giving sound advice to some confused mother right now. We'll just have to be strong and try to endure without him/her.

Poor Bearcat. I can only imagine the pain and suffering that comes with being Googled to death.

Ah... Sweet silence.

Poor Bearcat. I can only imagine the pain and suffering that comes with being Googled to death.

If I cared, then I might imagine it.

The way I look at this signing is:

#1. We didn't have a punter on the roster and it HAD to get done.

#2. It's one more pick out of the way that lets them focus on the higher round picks.

#3. They finally signed a player who will play meaningful minutes for this team this year.....

#3a ......aside from Bernard Scott (cue Whitney Houston song)

I said I wouldn't post until the Bengals did something positive and I believe signing Huber before Georgetown is a very good thing.

My only concern is putting all faith into Huber alone for the punting duties. I think he should have some competition in camp. Didn't we make that same mistake with Dorsch? Awesome punter coming out of college but his hangtime evaporated because he couldn't adjust to the speed of the NFL. The way I remember it being described is in college when the ball is snapped to the punter, he usually gets 2 steps but an NFL punter has to do it in 1, or something to that effect.

Point being, its a positive step but with the way the Bengals scout, I'd be nervous about putting all of their eggs in one basket here.

As for Ickey, HOF, Derek, and the rest, you people are truly sad. But at least you have each other. Kind of how they put all the short bus kids in the same classroom. :)

Now who will be the first retard to say "dude I thought you said you were never going to post again." To which I will have to once again roll my eyes and say a little prayer for your lack of basic reading comprehension.

I said I wouldn't post until the Bengals did something positive and I believe signing Huber before Georgetown is a very good thing.

In the grand scheme of things it's barely a blip on the radar, and if it's enough reason for your sorry ass to come crawling back I have to wonder why you pretended to make such a dramatic exit in the first place. Then again, dramatic play acting and pretending are what you do best, right?

As for Ickey, HOF, Derek, and the rest, you people are truly sad. But at least you have each other. Kind of how they put all the short bus kids in the same classroom. :)

Around here we don't put our special children on a short bus. Rather, we ship 'em off to military school, and then try our best to forget they ever existed.

My only concern is putting all faith into Huber alone for the punting duties. I think he should have some competition in camp. Didn't we make that same mistake with Dorsch? Awesome punter coming out of college but his hangtime evaporated because he couldn't adjust to the speed of the NFL. The way I remember it being described is in college when the ball is snapped to the punter, he usually gets 2 steps but an NFL punter has to do it in 1, or something to that effect.

Point being, its a positive step but with the way the Bengals scout, I'd be nervous about putting all of their eggs in one basket here.

Now who will be the first retard to say "dude I thought you said you were never going to post again." To which I will have to once again roll my eyes and say a little prayer for your lack of basic reading comprehension.

Ya know what, I'm not really here enough to give a s**t about postings on other boards and I don't even know you to get in on the whole you're a douche blah blah blah thing - (you knew it was coming) but you are one negative son of a bitch. You said you'd post again if the Bengals did something worth complimenting. Then you proceed to latch onto a downside immediately.

Lighten up, for your own sake.

Lighten up, for your own sake.

How about we all go easy on Groundhog this time around?

He may be one of the most consistently negative posters we have, and pretty darn stupid on top of it all, but if it wasn't him saying these things it would just be some other dink just like him. Sheesh, there must be thousands of pinheads out there saying exactly the same things as he does, right? Besides, have any of you ever considered how hard it must have been for him, being the only cadet in military school who was also a mother?

True enough. My sawker team's board makes this place look like a playboy mansion party on uppers. He'd fit in well there. He'd actually be one of the happy clappers.

I dunno, just trying to think of the downside had we kept Plackenmier (sp?) or Larson as well. Bound to be one. Having to cut the 5th rated PR prospect on the team with utterly cack PR prospects or something.

I'm just glad to see the back of Larson. It was getting to the point where throwing an int would give us better field position.

How about we all go easy on Groundhog this time around?

Where's the fun in that?

Sheesh, there must be thousands of pinheads out there saying exactly the same things as he does, right?

Yeah, they're called Steelers fans.

Besides, have any of you ever considered how hard it must have been for him, being the only cadet in military school who was also a mother?

Again, if I cared I might imagine it then.

Also, has anyone else noticed the irony in being called sad by some dude that posts at momslikeme.com? Just like the Alanis Morrisette song.