Update on Chad Trade Options

Spor_tees

more speculation if you asked me

Exactly. :lol:

Simply put, the trade rant between Missanelli and Smith is as specific as any I could find, but still represents nothing more than one media dink talking to another. No team officials or players are quoted. Furthermore, the rumored offer that Missanelli mentions just so happens to include Reggie Brown, a disappointing young player who has been included in nearly every Philly/Chad trade rumor floated in the last two years. In fact, I'm not sure the latest rumored offer is any different from those we read about last year.

So again, the rumors currently being floated barely qualify as smoke, right?

absolutely, the thing is the cap hit, if that number is right, there aint gonna be no trade, that isnt how Mikey rolls, he doesnt believe in throwing away money and so the cap hit tells the whole story, has he ever taken a cap hit, Dillion maybe???

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more speculation if you asked me

Exactly. :lol:

Simply put, the trade rant between Missanelli and Smith is as specific as any I could find, but still represents nothing more than one media dink talking to another. No team officials or players are quoted. Furthermore, the rumored offer that Missanelli mentions just so happens to include Reggie Brown, a disappointing young player who has been included in nearly every Philly/Chad trade rumor floated in the last two years. In fact, I'm not sure the latest rumored offer is any different from those we read about last year.

So again, the rumors currently being floated barely qualify as smoke, right?

absolutely, the thing is the cap hit, if that number is right, there aint gonna be no trade, that isnt how Mikey rolls, he doesnt believe in throwing away money and so the cap hit tells the whole story, has he ever taken a cap hit, Dillion maybe???

don't think dillion's cap hit was near what CJ's is....I think it was more like half of what CJ is, plus I think he redid his contract so I think that might of helped? Not sure.......plus that was way back when Lewis who got rid of Dillion and Spikes and said he didn't want players who didn't want to play here....how times have changed.

f**k YOU MIKE BROWN AND f**k YOUR COUCH

Why must innocent furniture pay for the sins of Mike Brown?

Maybe he meant to type TIM COUCH???

Hey leave Tim Couch out of this. He was a great QB that got f**ked over by a horrible coach and no offensive line or receivers. He took the garbage ass Browns to the playoffs and then Kelly Holcomb took all the credit.

I still maintain my thoughts of Chad being in stripes but saw this to add to the thread and with Gonzalez in Atlanta it's intriguing if nothing else:

I thought it was interesting they claim they were in informal talks with all teams this past week...

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_detai...-dealing-1.html

Tony Gonzalez is still a Chief. Anquan Boldin is still a Cardinal. Chad Johnson is still a Bengal.

For now.

Will one of these veteran offensive Pro Bowl picks be heading to Philadelphia in the next few days?

It very well could happen.

The Eagles have been in at least informal talks with all three teams over the past week, and the Eagles — who have already traded one of their two firstround picks for two-time Pro Bowl tackle Jason Peters — have both publicly and privately left the door open for another blockbuster trade between now and Saturday evening, when it's their turn in the first round of the draft.

"We're always looking for players that we think can make us better," team president Joe Banner said last week. "I think we've proven many times that we'd be willing to do what it takes, whether it be a trade or do something with somebody's contract, in order to get them here."

Johnson — aka Chad Ocho Cinco — remains a long shot. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis told reporters in Cincinnati the club has no plans to ship the 31-year-old veteran, who averaged more than 90 catches, nearly 1,400 yards and 8½ touchdowns from 2003 through 2007 before injuries limited him last year.

"I don't know why people continue with the speculation of moving Chad," he said. "Many times we've reiterated, I don't know if we're keeping count on this, Chad's not getting moved."

But that could just be posturing. If somebody offers enough, the Bengals will become interested very quickly. Same with the Cardinals.

Head coach Ken Whisenhunt has been telling everybody they aren't planning to unload Boldin.

"We never said we were trying to trade Anquan," Whisenhunt told reporters at the team's facility in Tempe, Ariz. "It would be foolish from our standpoint not to listen to those opportunities and see what actually exists. But I want to (emphasize that) our goal is to re-sign him to a long-term deal. That hasn't changed."

But if they're listening to offers, it's only a matter of price. Are the Eagles willing to trade the 21st pick in the draft and perhaps another pick for a 29-yearold receiver who's only played 16 games once in the last five years?

"Quite a few teams have called, but we have no offers," Arizona GM Rod Graves told reporters in Tempe. "Anything can evolve from this point through draft day."

Boldin, 29, has not made it through a healthy season since 2006, when he caught 83 passes for 1,203 yards. The Eagles saw first-hand how sensitive he can be when he refused to participate in the postgame celebration after the NFC championship game because he didn't play down the stretch.

Perhaps the most likely veteran addition for the Eagles is tight end Gonzalez. New head coach Todd Haley has spoken often about starting fresh with a team that won just six games the last two years and hasn't won a playoff game since 1993 — five coaches ago. Logic says a team starting anew would rather have a premium draft pick than a 33-year-old tight end entering his 13th season.

NFL.com, the league's official Web site, reported Wednesday that the Eagles are involved in talks with the Chiefs regarding Gonzalez, who caught 96 passes for over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs last year and is a sure-fire firstballot Hall of Famer. SI.com's Don Banks also reported that the Eagles have "nosed ahead" of another team interested in Gonzalez, the Atlanta Falcons.

Gonzalez would be a perfect fit for the Eagles, who are trying to win now. According to NFL.com, the Eagles have offered the Chiefs a third-round pick, but Kansas City is holding out — at least for now — for a second-round pick.

In addition to No. 21, the Eagles own one pick in the second round (No. 53), one in the third (No. 85) and fourth (No. 121) and three fives, two sixes and one seven.

Reuben Frank wrote this article

f**k YOU MIKE BROWN AND f**k YOUR COUCH

Why must innocent furniture pay for the sins of Mike Brown?

Maybe he meant to type TIM COUCH???

He was a great QB that got f**ked over by a horrible coach and no offensive line or receivers.

Alright...when did this conversation switch to 2008's Carson Palmer!??

I thought it was interesting they claim they were in informal talks with all teams this past week...

Informal talks? Doesn't that refer to those times when you talk on the phone without wearing any pants?

But that could just be posturing. If somebody offers enough, the Bengals will become interested very quickly. Same with the Cardinals.

I doubt it's posturing, because the Bengals no longer need to posture. Not after turning down the Redskins offer last year. Seriously, does anyone still doubt this teams resolve on this matter? Any informal talks are probably restricted to a few exchanges of pleasantries before inquiring what the Bengals asking price is. And how long does it take to utter the words...a 1st and a 3rd? A few seconds, right? What happens next, if anything at all, is then up to the Eagles.

According to NFL.com, the Eagles have offered the Chiefs a third-round pick, but Kansas City is holding out — at least for now — for a second-round pick.

And just like that Gonzalez is a Falcon and Eagle fans can be heard loudly barking about the Eagles front office attempting to lowball another team for a Pro Bowl pass catcher. In fact, a 33 year old pass catcher.

As I stated, I still think Chad is here this season, but I refuse to give up hope (at a minimum)...

I'm not barking. It's been obvious for a couple weeks now that the trade rumors involving Chad Johnson won't stop until the after the draft, and that's largely true because of how little it takes to start a rumor.

Kushy Williams anyone? Or Michael Smith making s**t up mostly because the Eagles had two 1st round picks and a glaring need? Guys talking about what they've heard, but saying nothing. Guys saying they think there might be talks...mostly because they think there SHOULD be talks. And now we get news of "at least informal talks".

Saturday can't get here quick enough.

For what it is worth Bob Holztman said that despite what Marvin said the Bengals are still listening to offers for Chad and would be willing to part with him for the right first round pick. He also said they had fallen in love with Crabtree if Chad was traded.

This is just an extension of what some of us have already been saying.

I will absolutely go ballistic if the Bengals take Crabtree or any WR in the first round whether Chad is traded or not.

Great - are you selling tickets?