Head Coaching Carousel Starts Spinning

HoosierCat

Here's the head coaching candidate I'd like to see become available: Bob Bratkowski. He coached Carson Palmer! I hope he gets on the market really quick.

And my dark horse head coaching candidate (Wake up, Lions front office!) - Paul Alexander. He has experience because he's been an assistant head coach.

And my dark horse head coaching candidate (Wake up, Lions front office!) - Paul Alexander. He has experience because he's been an assistant head coach.

No, no, no, what needs to happen in Detroit is for the Fords to hire Mike Brown as GM. He's perfect: he's got great football bloodlines to excite the fan base, has decades of front office experience and knows how to squeeze a buck, critical in an economically colapsing market like Detroit. And he comes with his own free staff: Pete, Paul, Katie, Troy! It's a buy one, get four free deal!

And the fat lady sings for Mike Shanahan in Denver...

Now, if idiot-Mikey was half bright, he'd take advantage of the situation in Denver -

1) Get rid of Bratkowski, and hire Rick Dennison. He's been the Donkey's OL coach since 1995, and is now their Offensive Coordinator. Author of the zone blocking scheme, and at least as responsible as Shanahan for Denver finding / identifying / creating so many great running backs

2) Dump the WORST DL coach in the NFL (Hayes) and hire Jacob Burney. He coached with Marvin in Baltimore ('94 - 98), and has done very well with the talent on hand - including a great job with Carolina in 99 - '02.

• 3 weeks later...

The thing with Edwards is you know EXACTLY what you are going to get if he is your coach. He will stick to a game plan even if through 3 quarters and down by 21 it's by and far the wrong way to continue. He would be a coach that I would absolutely HATE to see come to Cincinnati in ANY capacity !!!

The thing with Edwards is you know EXACTLY what you are going to get if he is your coach. He will stick to a game plan even if through 3 quarters and down by 21 it's by and far the wrong way to continue. He would be a coach that I would absolutely HATE to see come to Cincinnati in ANY capacity !!!

I think he would make a great college coach though.