Bengals season prediction

bryce40

After takiing a look at our schedule, even the most optimistic parts of me can only wish for a 10-6 season. Beating Baltimore and Cleveland twice will be required. Pittsburgh will prove to be harder to sweep. As for the rest of the teams, only a few that we can readily expect to win against. I figure Jets, Chiefs, Raiders, and Texans winnable. This year, though, I'm going to be cautious with a young defense and the loss of Henry plus questions on the O-line for the offense. I call 8-8. Maybe next year.....

HEY! We DID win that first preseason game, though! ;) 19-0

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they stay relatively healthy and play as well as they should I can see 10 or 11 wins for the Bengals.

I'll go with 10 for here:

1) @ Baltimore WIN

2) Tennessee WIN

3) @ N.Y. Giants L

4) Cleveland WIN

5) @ Dallas L

6) @ N.Y. Jets WIN

7) Pittsburgh L

8) Jacksonville WIN

9) @ Houston WIN

10) Philadelphia L

11) @ Pittsburgh WIN

12) Baltimore WIN

13) @ Indianapolis L

14) Washington WIN

15) @ Cleveland L

16) Kansas City WIN

10-6 = PLAYOFFS

If they stay relatively healthy and play as well as they should I can see 10 or 11 wins for the Bengals.

1) @ Baltimore WIN

2) Tennessee WIN

3) @ N.Y. Giants L

4) Cleveland WIN

5) @ Dallas L

6) @ N.Y. Jets WIN

7) Pittsburgh L

8) Jacksonville WIN

9) @ Houston WIN

10) Philadelphia L

11) @ Pittsburgh WIN

12) Baltimore WIN

13) @ Indianapolis L

14) Washington WIN

15) @ Cleveland L

16) Kansas City WIN

10-6 = PLAYOFFS

predicting 2008 as a 6-8 home record, 4-4 away record

Marvins reign:-

2007: home 5-3, away 2-6

2006: home 4-4, away 4-4

2005: home 5-3, away 6-2

2004: home 5-3, away 3-5

2003: home 5-3, away 3-5

1) @ Baltimore WIN

2) Tennessee WIN

3) @ N.Y. Giants L

4) Cleveland WIN

5) @ Dallas L

6) @ N.Y. Jets WIN

7) Pittsburgh L

8) Jacksonville WIN

9) @ Houston WIN

10) Philadelphia L

11) @ Pittsburgh WIN

12) Baltimore WIN

13) @ Indianapolis L

14) Washington WIN

15) @ Cleveland L

16) Kansas City WIN

10-6 = PLAYOFFS

I think the game at the Giants is pretty winnable. No Shockey, No Strahan. They've lost some, and were 3-5 at home last year. Yes, they got hot and won the Super Bowl - but they were not all that great in the Regular Season - especially at the beginning of the year.

I think Jacksonville is significantly better than the Bengals. I think that's a loss.

Houston is a good team this year. They have a great defense - and I predict that by the time the Bengals play them, Steve Slaton will be their starting RB and will surprise a lot of people. I wouldn't count on going down to Houston and stealing one.

I also think Washington is an improved team, and that offense is going to be better than people think. I don't think the Bengals will win that one.

Everything else seems pretty reasonable keeping in line with my expectation of an 8-8 or 7-9 season.

It's going to be a long season guys.

Yes sir, I believe you are right. As I said in another thread, we will be lucky to see 7-9 at this point.

Unless some things miraculously fall into place in the next couple of weeks or so, I'm inclined to agree with you guys. I never have expected more than 8-8 this year with the schedule we have, but if this is how our starters are going to play all year I might not even be able to watch.

well i have given up on dreams and come back to reality. they look like a 6-10 or 7-9 team right now. corners are getting burned consistently, still getting ran on, and our WR corps are in peril - plus rudi still isnt back. I am more nervous still about our D...still looks like the same defense that will finish in the bottom 10 - but hopefully get some turnovers to outweigh that.

do i think they can go 10-6 and make the playoffs? yes. I am not gonna get my hopes up though, lets just say ill be hopefully optimistic regarding this season.

predicting 2008 as a 6-8 home record, 4-4 away record

Huh ?

I believe that adds up to a 6-2 home record, 4-4 away record.

You're absolutely right, JPW was predicting a 6-2 home record.

My fault, it was a typo (Curse these fat fingers, curse them I say!)

I guarantee that all assessments will be horribly wrong.

Agreed...and that's why this whole discussion is kind of like kissing your sister...meaningless

Isn't most blog discussions meaningless? I don't get that sister kissing analogy though. If I had a sister, which I don't, and if I was kissing her, I am pretty sure it would fairly important at that moment.

As for the Bengals season, two meaningless preseason games don't tell me alot yet. But I do see bad trends from last year continuing into this season. Bad tackling. Offense not scoring points. Injuries piling up. While I didn't watch last nights game, it sounds like the Bengals barely had a heart beat in the 1st half.

After next game I think we'll all have the feel of the season.

I think with no health problems, or none too long term to any major contributing offensive player, this should be a 9-7 or 10-6 season.

The problem that we're facing is what we're failing to do that the rest of the NFL is doing. GETTING BETTER !!!!

- There isn't much that we've done to improve the overall talent of this team. Sims could have a bright future, I think Simpson will be a solid player, he's cocky and competitive, and natural talent, so he should have a very solid future here. Antwan Odom was overpaid, but I'm hoping he can prove me wrong!

But there remains a certain level of ineptitude at certain positions that beg the question..... Why are they still playing here ??

Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown have an allegiance to certain players simply because they're "GOOD - GUYS", that gets' old. We need football players. Guys that sell out on defense, and there's few if any on our defense that even resemble that mentality.

Most likely 8-8, 9-7 ... just enough to keep Marvin around another year.

After next game I think we'll all have the feel of the season.

And after that game is when I will make my official prediction. I only pray to see something in it to warrant me putting an optimistic slant on it.

1) @ Baltimore WIN<------No QB, Old D

2) Tennessee WIN<--------Awesome run game works before they are all hurt

3) @ N.Y. Giants WIN<-----the Giants are 0-3 after we have a turnover ratio of +9 in this game alone

4) Cleveland WIN<---------over rated douchers start Quinn because ANderson is out for the season from genital herpes

5) @ Dallas WIN<-----------Bengals hire Jessica Simpson to be a Cheerleader for the game

6) @ N.Y. Jets WIN<--------we end the career of yet another aging superstar

7) Pittsburgh WIN<---------entire Pittsburg over sleeps because a prankster changes Mickey's little hand back a few hours

8) Jacksonville WIN<-------the teams' plane takes them to Cincinnati Arkansas

9) @ Houston WIN<---------Bengals sign Romanowski for the rest of the season.

10) Philadelphia WIN<------Westbrook and McNabb are hurt by this point of the season anyways

11) @ Pittsburgh WIN<------digital clock runs out of batteries. Man these guys have trouble keeping time.

12) Baltimore WIN<---------CHad Johnson's first game back, 350 yards, he's only back because now all games are moved to Sunday night with them being undeated

13) @ Indianapolis WIN<----75-75 All offensive records are broken and the game ends in overtime

14) Washington WIN<-------Protestors of their logo keep them out of the stadium

15) @ Cleveland WIN<------overrated? check, overhyped?check, s**tty coach? check.

16) Kansas City WIN<------no QB and desperate they sign Kerry Collins who gets another DUI on the way to the stadium.

18-0-1

Marvin is still fired at the end of the season.

DANIMAL :lol:

Ok, I've seen enough to predict the season.

5-11 for the season.

Marvin Lewis resigns or is fired at the end of season.

TJ does not resign

Stacy 2 Steps does not resign.

Of course I could be wrong.

Not by much IMHO.

Ok, I've seen enough to predict the season.

5-11 for the season.

Marvin Lewis resigns or is fired at the end of season.

TJ does not resign

Stacy 2 Steps does not resign.

Of course I could be wrong.

I'm with you except for I think Marvin quits, not fired. Mikey won't fire him unless people stop showing up for the games, which could well happen this year and I think it should. I know it's hard not to go to a game no matter what your teams record is, but damn, we have to do something to get Mikey's attention so he can see that whatever he's doing will never satisfy us until he brings this franchise at least into the new millennium.

That said, it looks and feels like Marvin is fed up with the BS of this franchise. He's getting no help from the scouts or Mike as far is getting football players he wants and especially players he doesn't want. If Odell had only been suspended for four games, he'd probably get resigned, too.