Postion Battle - Safety

HAPPYJAQ

It looks like Jackson, Nduke and White are locks. Behind them, Hebert has been the most impressive and looks to be a special teams demon. That would leave the last spot at S to a battle-royal between H.Jones, Lynch, Busing and maybe Castille as a swing player, if the Bengals keep only 4 CB's. Who do you think makes it?

1. Johnathan Joseph

2. Leon Hall

3. David Jones

4. Simeon Castille

If they keep five CBs then Deltha would be #5.

Why you all forget about Ethan "3 Way" Kilmer, I will never know

The secondary is definately more talented and younger than it was when he arrived here a few years ago. Also, he has not shown he can be healthy after missing the entire year last year and much of camp so far. I think that Marvin's patience is running thin on players who are (still) constantly injured.

Cornerbacks (4)

Hall

Joseph

Da Jones

Castille

Safeties (5)

White

Ndukwe

Jackson

Hebert

Lynch

Linebackers (6)

Rivers

Brooks

Dh Jones

Br Johnson

Blackstock

Jeanty

Defesive Ends (5)

Geathers

Fanene

Odom

Henderson

Rucker

Defensive Tackles (5)

Peko

Myers

Thornton

Sims

That means Busing, Kilmer, Hoke, Shirley, Craig, Oneal all get cut, thats alot of good players not getting through training camp.

Cornerbacks (4)

That means Busing, Kilmer, Hoke, Shirley, Craig, Oneal all get cut, thats alot of good players not getting through training camp.

Wow. I expect they find a way to keep Shirley. After that Kilmer and Oneal will both play somewhere on Sunday.

Cornerbacks (4)

Hall

Joseph

Da Jones

Castille

Safeties (5)

White

Ndukwe

Jackson

Hebert

Lynch

Linebackers (6)

Rivers

Brooks

Dh Jones

Br Johnson

Blackstock

Jeanty

Defesive Ends (5)

Geathers

Fanene

Odom

Henderson

Rucker

Defensive Tackles (5)

Peko

Myers

Thornton

Sims

Sorry I don't get why they would carry 5 safeties and 5 DE's. No way Shirley gets cut and Kilmer is 2 way at CB and Safety. If he is healthy after Georgetown, he sticks. Fanene is 2 way at DE and DT too and gives flexibility at those 2 spots. Myers and Thornton are getting up there in age, I don't see both of them sticking when they have lots of younger studs ready to go.

Myers and Thornton are getting up there in age, I don't see both of them sticking when they have lots of younger studs ready to go.

Myers I predict will stick. I think Thornton, our Captain "not so" Fantastic will be cut. Or so at least I hope. A leader he is not, nor is he that good a player.

Myers and Thornton are getting up there in age, I don't see both of them sticking when they have lots of younger studs ready to go.

Myers I predict will stick. I think Thornton, our Captain "not so" Fantastic will be cut. Or so at least I hope. A leader he is not, nor is he that good a player.

I'm with you. I wish they would've cut him a long time ago.

Lynch looks to be the real deal. The fact that he is playing some nickle corner in camp will only help his chances. I think he will eventually start; He seems to be like a younger, more athletic Kaesviharn. Nduke, White, Jackson and Hebert (who is also the real deal) will round out the safeties. I will be sad to see Indiana Jones go, but he will be like a Marcus Wilkins/Reggie Myles/Andre Frazier....a player who excelled at ST's but didn't offer a lot from scrimmage. This draft looks to be in the light of one of the Chargers/Cowboys draft. Rivers, Simpson/Caldwell, Sims, Collins, Lynch and maybe even Shirley could all be starting by year 2. It's been a while since the Bengals drafted that many good players in the same draft.

No way they cut Lynch. I was at the scrimmage last Friday and he was all over the place. He covered, persued, and tackled well. If you guys get a chance check out his highlight videos on YouTube, even though the competition was Division 2 he still looked impressive. At the least, he'll be one hell of a special teamer.

No way they cut Lynch. I was at the scrimmage last Friday and he was all over the place. He covered, persued, and tackled well. If you guys get a chance check out his highlight videos on YouTube, even though the competition was Division 2 he still looked impressive. At the least, he'll be one hell of a special teamer.

So I took you up on it. I watched his YouTube highlight reel. It was unbelievable. Sure... it was mostly Division 2... but he was throughout most of the reel far and away the fastest and most instinctive football player on the field. That's not easy to do in any division.

And by the way... as for Division 1 competition, ask Michigan if they think he measures up.

i think if we cut Deltha the Browns will make a play to pick him up. I'd rather carry 5 CBS and 4 Safeties then have that happen.

There is absolutely no way they outright cut O'Neal. You need 3 good CB's in today's NFL. Look at the Cowboys; They have 4 Pro Bowler-caliber players in the secondary and still traded for Pacman and drafted 2 CB's in the draft. You can never have two many good CB's. If they released O'Neal, you're looking at David Jones or Castille starting if one of the starters went down.

1. Johnathan Joseph

2. Leon Hall

3. David Jones

4. Simeon Castille

If they keep five CBs then Deltha would be #5.

Deltha may not be a starting CB anymore, but Honestly how many teams have a better nickel corner?

he doesnt have a huge cap number by CB standards(I believe around $2mill correct me if i'm wrong)

so why cut him? He has the experience that David Jones and Simeon Castille dont. They seem to love Jones' talent, but he's still raw, and Castille wasnt even drafted.

long live the boobiemeister, and hooters.

So I took you up on it. I watched his YouTube highlight reel. It was unbelievable. Sure... it was mostly Division 2... but he was throughout most of the reel far and away the fastest and most instinctive football player on the field. That's not easy to do in any division.

And by the way... as for Division 1 competition, ask Michigan if they think he measures up.

If Clynch makes the team, I will be surprised. I admire how he is competing in camp but there is a logjam at S.

As for the CB's, I think Deltha will get cut. He plays soft and does not fit the Zimmer mentality. This is why he is returning punts. the nickel corner has to play ST's...if he is not the returner then he gets cut.

CBs:

JJoe

LH

Jones - nicke

Castille

Kilmer - CB/S guy

Ss:

DJax

White

Ndukwe

Hebert

....MAYBE Lynch, but more probably Herandez-Jones

If Clynch makes the team, I will be surprised. I admire how he is competing in camp but there is a logjam at S.

As for the CB's, I think Deltha will get cut. He plays soft and does not fit the Zimmer mentality. This is why he is returning punts. the nickel corner has to play ST's...if he is not the returner then he gets cut.

CBs:

JJoe

LH

Jones - nicke

Castille

Kilmer - CB/S guy

Ss:

DJax

White

Ndukwe

Hebert

....MAYBE Lynch, but more probably Herandez-Jones

I flat out disagree. Why would they use a draft pick on a position they didn't feel a need at. Indiana is a great ST guy, but he doesn't offet anything from scrimmage. Lynch is an amazing FG blocker and a great punt gunner. He can replace Indiana today... and offer a lot more from scrimmage. I know Indiana is a fan favorite around here - and I know Hebert is a great story... but I think Lynch makes the team before either of those guys.

Lynch is working very hard at CB skills. If he shows any ability at all there then he makes the team as the swing. Kilmer isn't showing an ability to be on the field due to health concerns. I'll also be watching Hebert on ST in the preseason. If he shows the speed, strength, and instincts he showed in Canada then he will be a gunner . . . possibly a darn good one.

Deltha makes the team due to his experience, his low salary, and the fact he would end up 200 miles north in about 24 minutes dressed in sh** brown if he gets cut!!

Ndukwe was carted off the field this a.m. with a knee injury. Per updates on da site he is back out on the field but wearing an elastic band around his knee.

Hobson updated his story to add Ndukwe was seen on crutches at tonight's practice. Damn.