Anyone interested in Spikes yet?

walzav29

He's still out there.

And there's a reason for that, too -- he's done. Pretty much has been since he shredded his Achilles in '05.

But beyond his falling into the Old Washed Up Dude category, there's another reason I don't want him around: I'm starting to think that the Bengals will never get past the "Bungles" of the '90s and early '00s until all the remnants of those old, sad teams have moved on. It's telling that nearly all the disgruntled players Marvin has had to deal with have been holdovers from those days: Dillon, Takeo, Chad, Levi. IMO Takeo would be a step in the wrong direction.

No.

Nor do I think Spikes wants to be back in stripes.

I don't think Spikes really wants to be here... He knows he's at the end of his career and he just might think we are desparate

enough to give him one last payday.. Try to redeem ourselves in his eyes for letting him walk... Sorry, I say no.. He didn't believe then, why should he believe now?? I think he said to much before he left about us being slave masters and Buffalo having a daycare and were going to be winners...

...... falling into the Old Washed Up Dude category,

Perfect pedigree for the Bengals ala Scott Mitchell, Michael Westbrook, Neil O'Donnell et al

...... falling into the Old Washed Up Dude category,

Perfect pedigree for the Bengals ala Scott Mitchell, Michael Westbrook, Neil O'Donnell et al

I remember those games, I cant remember how many times I shouted O'Donnell sucks at the TV.

Oh, c'mon, O'Donnell was amazing. His ability to consistently pick up 4 yards on a 3rd-and-5 is unmatched in the history of football. :lmao:

For Dhani to come in off the street, learn as quickly as he did, and be able to produce given the limited time was actually pretty amazing by all accounts. Was he pro-bowl material ?? No, but given the situation, he was more than what we could have expected at the time and I am not willing to forget his effort and leadership.

Dhani > Spikes

OH YEAH, VOTE IN THE BENGALSZONE PARTY POLL !!!

WHODEY !!!

Said it before, I'll say it again: Do I want that pigeon toe'd bafoon back in stripes? HELLS NO!!! Never was worth a CRAP.

Now i don't want him at a high cost, but to say he was never worth crap is foolish, Takeo was a beast the first 6 years of his career. Led our team in tackles every year. If he said he'd play back up for like 700k a year id be like lets roll. Hes still better at 75% then all our backups at 100%. and by backups i mean every LB but Odell, Rivers, and Brooks.

im actually a frnd of takeo and he wuld like to be a bengal but wants a starting spot

Theres no way he starts, hell be in the rotat and defn the first string back up but starting i dont believe will happen.

I think the fact that he's still on the streets says a lot about what the teams around the league think about him, at this point in his career. He's probably not the same type of player that he was the last time he was here, similar to Corey Dillon during the latter Patriot years.

im actually a frnd of takeo and he wuld like to be a bengal but wants a starting spot

Cool, your friends with Takeo? Tell him AGREEN said he's a CLOWN!

You want to know the definition of a clown? A clown is someone who thinks the grass is greener on the other side and by the other side I mean leaving Cincinnati for Buffalo. Buffalo? That's a clown. LMAO. He'll be laughed at for the rest of his life and never know what the feeling is like to play for a SB.

Takeo may have been the leading tackler on a horrible defense for a few years, WOW. He's still a bum. Now he's an old washed up BUM who nobody wants.

I love everyone's blind faith that A Brooks is going to be good. He has shown nothing since he's been here. Consistency is key. Show you can stay healthy, show you can cover your assignments. Now he has another excuse, he's changing positions. I hope he ends up being something, but I have my doubts.

I love everyone's blind faith that A Brooks is going to be good. He has shown nothing since he's been here. Consistency is key. Show you can stay healthy, show you can cover your assignments. Now he has another excuse, he's changing positions. I hope he ends up being something, but I have my doubts.

NOt everyone. I agree with you. I'm wishing that Brooks will break out, but I'm not so sure that he takes Jeanty's spot this year... Odell's a lock, Brooks is suspect.

NOt everyone. I agree with you. I'm wishing that Brooks will break out, but I'm not so sure that he takes Jeanty's spot this year... Odell's a lock, Brooks is suspect.

Well, after reading some comments about Brooks made by the new LB's coach, it seems as though they may try to make him into an Adalius Thomas type of player. Did anyone else notice that they are listing him at 270 now! I believe last year he was playing (or not playing) at around 255-260. :blink:

Well, after reading some comments about Brooks made by the new LB's coach, it seems as though they may try to make him into an Adalius Thomas type of player. Did anyone else notice that they are listing him at 270 now! I believe last year he was playing (or not playing) at around 255-260. :blink:

You gotta link for this interview?

You gotta link for this interview?

Sorry I don't know how to do links, but its on the official site in the article about LB's.

You want to know the definition of a clown? A clown is someone who thinks the grass is greener on the other side and by the other side I mean leaving Cincinnati for Buffalo. Buffalo? That's a clown. LMAO. He'll be laughed at for the rest of his life and never know what the feeling is like to play for a SB.

Takeo may have been the leading tackler on a horrible defense for a few years, WOW. He's still a bum. Now he's an old washed up BUM who nobody wants.

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

You're a clown too! Look at your sig, clown.