WOW! Keith Rivers does look great!

walzav29

Awesome Vid! I think that the reason that some people are not as high on Rivers is that he may not have the "personality" or play with the emotion that you expect from a top 10 LB. I kinda think of him as a younger, bigger (at the same point in his career), more explosive Brian Simmons. The truth is, all he does is make plays. He is big, fast, can blitz, tackle and play pass D. Once he starts making plays behind Pat Sims at DT, Bengals fans will LOVE this pick.

He's a do-it-all linebacker, and I still like the pick. He's the guy I wanted if Ellis wasn't there, and I'm okay with this.

As far as the "personality", he's a guy that you might not hear much, but you can that he plays with that swagger that you look for. If Odell ever comes back, these two are gonna be fun to watch.

Here's the thing. For all of the yelling about not getting Ellis, IF they had gotten Ellis, LB would have been a MAJOR concern for 2008. With Rivers, it is somewhat less of a concern. And, with Sims, they got their DT.

I think it worked out for the best. Rivers fills a huge need on this team, as does Sims.

Awesome Vid! I think that the reason that some people are not as high on Rivers is that he may not have the "personality" or play with the emotion that you expect from a top 10 LB. I kinda think of him as a younger, bigger (at the same point in his career), more explosive Brian Simmons. The truth is, all he does is make plays. He is big, fast, can blitz, tackle and play pass D. Once he starts making plays behind Pat Sims at DT, Bengals fans will LOVE this pick.

Are you kidding? Do yo know anything about this guy? He is always the most vocal, talkative guy on the field. He never shuts up and always plays with great emotion.

Video was impressive, I also can live with the pick seeing as they did not get SEllis...The pick fills a huge void from last year and if OThurman can see what happened to CHenry and behave, the LB's may be pretty good...Also glad they did try to address the DT position as best they could...

Are you kidding? Do yo know anything about this guy? He is always the most vocal, talkative guy on the field. He never shuts up and always plays with great emotion.

Yes, I do know about Rivers. And I do know they he is an excellent communicator, with Ken Norton even saying that he was the one of the players that would motivate the others on the bus to the stadium to play games. I'm saying that his personality is not like a Ray Lewis, Takeo Spikes, Shawne Merriman or even Brian Urlacher and some my downgrade him because of that. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that, just a personal observation and opinion. All that said, I am elated with the selection and believe he will be a star at LB for the Bengals.

Yes, I do know about Rivers. And I do know they he is an excellent communicator, with Ken Norton even saying that he was the one of the players that would motivate the others on the bus to the stadium to play games. I'm saying that his personality is not like a Ray Lewis, Takeo Spikes, Shawne Merriman or even Brian Urlacher and some my downgrade him because of that.

According to people he's played against, he is like that.

I was on the tackle train not too long ago for what to do if Sedrick was gone, but as the draft neared the tackle prospects lost some steam and it became more and more evident that Keith was the right choice. Like Kaz mentioned, that sack against Oregon State was just an outstanding football play and pretty much tells you everything you need to know about what kind of player he is. And who knows, depending on what Sims/Shirley do then maybe, just maybe, the Bengals have actually employed a successful draft strategy (I mean it sounds silly that such a thing could be true, but you just never know).

Maybe I'm a tough grader, but that highlight clip didn't impress me. He's a good linebacker on a team that was always more talented than it's opponents. I'd have expected some clips of interceptions returned for TDs or fumbles forced. All I saw was routine tackles that any first round NFL linebacker should make vs college teams. Notice there weren't any plays from the Rose bowl vs Illinois or the game vs Texas.