Undrafted FA Signings Begin

HoosierCat

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-6-4...ed-rookies.html

Browns, Bengals begin signing undrafted rookies

April 27, 2008 7:46 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

Now that the NFL draft is over, teams already are scrambling quickly to sign rookie free agents.

Tonight the Cincinnati Bengals have signed former Ohio State fullback Tyler Whaley to a free-agent contract, Hashmarks has learned.

The Cleveland Browns also agreed to terms with undrafted rookie Craig Hormann, a 6-foot-4 quarterback from Columbia University.

More from Hobson:

A Mobile, Ala., newspaper reported Sunday night that Alabama cornerback Simeon Castille and offensive lineman Justin Britt each agreed to a free agent deal with the Bengals. Britt said he chose Cincinnati over offers from the Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Bucs.

Castille is the son of former NFL player Jeremiah Castille. He has good hands with 12 career interceptions and plays the run well, accordng to Pro Football Weekly.

Bengals also apparently signed Bradley Glathaar, RB from Cincinnati. (not really understanding that one much actually)

Great high school running back. Known as a devastating blocker as the up man on the punt team. Was often a lead blocker on reverses and QB draws. Playing time dwindled in college while at UC with new coaching staff. Good short yardage back. Good work ethic. Could land on the practice squad. Possible backup or eventual replacement to Jeremy Johnson.

http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl..._bradley00.html

Castille is a steal and a playmaker. - A legitimate nickel corner and could develop into a starting free safety with his instincts.

He'll get a knock on his average to subpar '40 times, but he makes a hell of alot of plays in front of him. Barring an injury this preseason, I think we came out of this draft with a solid cornerback after all.

:sure:

UDFA targets I'd like to see:

Chaz Stillens - WR

Tony Temple - RB

Tommy Blake - DE

Quality not quantity

Agreed we need quality not quantity, I would love to see us sign RB Tony Temple, that kid is a workhorse. I would also love to see us sign DE Tommy Blake, that kid was projected to go top 5 if he came out his junior season but then battled depression causing teams to skip him. These two could be studs for some NFL team (so probably won't be the Bengals who could've used at least one of their compensatory picks on them).

Castille is a steal and a playmaker. - A legitimate nickel corner and could develop into a starting free safety with his instincts.

He'll get a knock on his average to subpar '40 times, but he makes a hell of alot of plays in front of him. Barring an injury this preseason, I think we came out of this draft with a solid cornerback after all.

:sure:

A 4.7 isnt average or subpar for a CB. A 4.7 is as bad as it gets. Theres no way he can play CB in this league, maybe he will have a shot at safety.

I was just on a message board at NFLdraftcountdown.com where someone posted the information that the Bengals were bringing in Nebraska WR Maurice Purify for a tryout. I don't vouch for this information. This guy is a big WR with a criminal record. Just the way I like them.

I was just on a message board at NFLdraftcountdown.com where someone posted the information that the Bengals were bringing in Nebraska WR Maurice Purify for a tryout. I don't vouch for this information. This guy is a big WR with a criminal record. Just the way I like them.

Definitely has talent. Needs to stay out of bar fights and DUIs tho...

Kinda sounds like Nedu.