4th Round: Anthony Collins

ArmyBengal

This guy is raw but huge and strong. He will be a massive guard and provide solid depth. I found this on him and I thought it was impressive, 172 knockdowns. He only played 1 year of highschool ball before enrolling w/ Kansas.

Collins started 23 of his final 24 games for the Jayhawks, registering 172 knockdowns and 22 touchdown-resulting blocks, as he allowed 13 sacks for losses totaling 83 yards and three quarterback pressures...Became the 15th player in school history to earn All-American first-team honors in 2007, joining Ray Evans (1947), Otto Schnellbacher (1947), George Mrkonic (1951), Gil Reich (1952), Oliver Spencer (1952), John Hadl (1960-61), Gale Sayers (1963-64), Bobby Douglass (1968), John Zook (1968), David Jaynes (1973), Bruce Kallmeyer (1983) and Aqib Talib (2007).

.....he allowed 13 sacks for losses totaling 83 yards and three quarterback pressures...

And there it is.

That's a full buttload of sacks allowed.

Watch him for ten minutes and you'll quickly see the unawareness matches the upside.

That said, the idea of kicking him inside is interesting as it protects him and reduces the liabilty.

.....he allowed 13 sacks for losses totaling 83 yards and three quarterback pressures...

And there it is.

Watch him for ten minutes and you'll quickly see the unawareness matches the upside.

That said, the idea of kicking him inside is interesting as it protects him and reduces the liabilty.

I would assume, wearing my hat of complete and utter ignorance in these matters, that he was picked to play on the inside. Most tackles picked this late are aren't they?

And there it is.

Ok, but who was their QB? Was he mobile? Was he realted to David Klingler? WHo was he throwing to?

Seems this is also important to note: "Collins was selected as an Associated Press first-team All-American and Outland Trophy finalist in his final season. "

4th rounders are projects. I am guessing he is a RT/G project, which I am happy about. He had to have done something right last season for Kansas to play the way they did.

I love the Anthony Collins pick. Talk about value this guy was graded as a 2nd round offensive tackle. The only knock on him was his slow 40 time and the fact that he hasn't played alot of football.

Here are the facts. He's started at both right and left tackle. He plays with a mean streak. Has natural balance and strength, so you know he's not the product of being a workout warrior.

Just needs to work on his quickness and that could come with refining his technique to limit his steps.

- I'll be honest, I wasn't happy with the Jerome Simpson pick, but grading out the rest of the draft so far, You gotta give'm an A- so far.

- Still need to add a corner, Defensive tackle or End tweener. Center ?? Missed out on runningback , so looks like Shaun Alexander is a Bengal.

You're right, Chis - everything looks OK except that molasses slow 40 time....which leads to the second level of the problem...

You say he played LT, and I can accept that, and I certainly love versatility - but does he have enough foot speed to play LT in the NFL?

We've got a lot of candidates on the roster to play RT, but who is our LT of the future, particularly with Levi allegedly wanting out?

You're right, Chis - everything looks OK except that molasses slow 40 time....which leads to the second level of the problem...

You say he played LT, and I can accept that, and I certainly love versatility - but does he have enough foot speed to play LT in the NFL?

We've got a lot of candidates on the roster to play RT, but who is our LT of the future, particularly with Levi allegedly wanting out?

Stacy Andrews! He's our franchise player, right?

I think I need a drink. Thanks, Levi.

Gave up way too many sacks

this is from c trent on lot d Collins allowed six sacks last season and 13 in 24 games at Kansas. Kansas, in fairness, throws the ball a lot. Collins' six sacks came on 476 pass plays in 2007. i mean come on thats a ton of pass plays

Gave up way too many sacks

this is from c trent on lot d Collins allowed six sacks last season and 13 in 24 games at Kansas. Kansas, in fairness, throws the ball a lot. Collins' six sacks came on 476 pass plays in 2007. i mean come on thats a ton of pass plays

That's about 35 pass attempts per sack. Is that a decent ratio?