Our Dynasty Has Officially Crashed

cinci_bengals

I don't look at Watson and Dorsey and see game-changing backs with the "it" you need to be special. I don't see them as being the kind of backs that can get to a hole, make a move, and be gone.

In short, this team's RB situation is woeful at the moment, riddled with injury, age, and mediocrity. It's shambolic.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Rudi looks like toast and is too dependent on a good o-line consistently giving him that push upfront so he can't get into the 2nd level - right now he can't make anyone miss even when he does get lanes.

Watson did a good job last night of cutting back and making better decisions at the line when things were blocked up - which they often are here - and getting decent yards consistently. Give Watson the ball 20-25 times, in a game like that though, and I'm guessing his average will start getting more and more Rudi-like of late.

I remember at one point Rudi having what seemed to be a hole up the middle until Bluto got pushed back into him by Hampton - something a nimble RB could've possibly overcome - but Rudi gets slowed down and he can't speed back up very quickly at all.

Not buying it. Too long we have been fooled by players with flashes in pretty meaningless games for this franchise. Who was that fullback who had one good game for the Bengals during the lost years? Nick Williams? Did I blink and miss his hall of fame career?

You may be right but I think we should at least give Watson and Dorsey a chance to prove they're merely flashes in the pan instead of labeling the entire RB unit as garbage and tossing them aside. Watson has already proven he is a solid running back by his performance this year imo, and I don't think it would hurt to give Dorsey more carries to see what he can do.

to extend on that, I'd like to see the remaining games treated as an extended preseason for NEXT year....play Fanene, Big Toe, Dorsey, White, Coats, Rowe, Chinny, D Jones, and M Maxwell. See what they can do in extended playtime. Give Dorsey 15-20 carries....find out if he can do it rather than guessing that he can't.

Food for thought...

With all the garbage, headcase issues, and general problems Carson has had, the Bengals are still a top 10 offense in this league with a 4-8 record... Meanwhile, our defense hovers right around the basement in EVERY defensive category known to football. Soooooooo, is it more important to have a top 3 offense or improve the defense ??

Teams win with a better than average defense and WE DON'T HAVE THAT. Why would we pass up the opportunity to draft a top tier defensive player that would give them someone to build around to move up 3-4 spots for the offense ??

Yes, lets draft McFadden and find more ways to keep the defense on the field longer !!! Just what this team needs... Just crazy. Oh wait, drafting McFadden means we score everytime as well right ?? Well, if not, you have your answer...

WHODEY !!!

With all the garbage, headcase issues, and general problems Carson has had, the Bengals are still a top 10 offense in this league with a 4-8 record... Meanwhile, our defense hovers right around the basement in EVERY defensive category known to football. Soooooooo, is it more important to have a top 3 offense or improve the defense ??

Is this a trick question, because it seems much too easy. :blink:

Billy, you should know this method being a former Marine... K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid !!!

Funny how when you see something written like that it makes you go, "D*mn" !!! But here's to hoping McFadden is there and our defense continues to hover right around the bottom !!! Good luck with that !!! Wait a minute, does McFadden play DT ?? Whatever, it doesn't even have to be McFadden. Name any offensive player, minus maybe a top tier O-lineman and I would feel the same way. Hell, the O-lineman would still make me cringe...

WHODEY !!!

Food for thought...

Teams win with a better than average defense and WE DON'T HAVE THAT. Why would we pass up the opportunity to draft a top tier defensive player that would give them someone to build around to move up 3-4 spots for the offense ??

Yes, lets draft McFadden and find more ways to keep the defense on the field longer !!! Just what this team needs... Just crazy. Oh wait, drafting McFadden means we score everytime as well right ?? Well, if not, you have your answer...

WHODEY !!!

Mcfadden would keep the defense off the field more then rudi does,I want defense but part me still says mcfadden would help this team more then a above avg defensive player...Now if we could get glenn dorsey and actually have him help the defense :o would be super.

Not to argue Army totally see where your coming from and I'm probably just blinded by the shiny lights of mcfadden.

I've just felt our running game was a problem even in 2005 where Rudi's success was mainly behind our dominate Oline at the time and even then he couldn't go for more then 20 yards besides against the browns -_-

i have to agree with all who wants to draft defense, they are the problem. if we had a top 10 defense we would be 8-4. mcfadden is a good back, but even if we had him brat would still have carson chucking the ball down the field 45 times a game. while mcfadden would on get maybe 15 carries on a good day. plus with, rudi, irons, perry ,watson ,dede, on the roster no way would the bengals draft him. defense defense and then some more defense will go alot father in helping this team. then adding another rb. aslo firing brat and bresh and the rest of the free lunch bunch would help also.