We need these next 2 games, the season is on the line

The PatternMaster

What a game yesterday, the first half was ugly but at halftime Marvin rallied the troops and they came out in the second half and played like a team, a talented team that wants to play together and win some games.

The offense looked good as usual, the defense was very impressive minus a few big plays in the secondary. Even special teams performed well, holding a dangerous return man in Leon Washington in check and Shayne even had a couple of touchbacks. All in all, we played a good game, well a good 2nd half.

I say all of that to say that the next 2 games are the most important of the season, to date atleast. We have a chance to get back to .500 which will put us back in a position of power and make up for the horrid start. We can either go 4-4 or 2-6, if we go 4-4 we are back in the hunt, at 2-6 it's over.

After watching Pitt lose again last night, I know we can beat them and we always play Pitt tough. Rookie HC, Mike Tomlin, had some early success but I think the league is catching up to him now. Next weeks game should be a doozy!

Balt lost to Buffalo, I watched that game and Brian Billick should be fired after this season, maybe even sooner. They had 2nd & 1 at midfield with 2 mins left down by 5 and they didn't run the ball once. Billick let his son-in-law throw the game away with 2 awful throws on 2nd and 3rd down instead of letting McGahee pick up the first and keep the game alive, that was one of the worst coaching displays, or lack thereof, I've ever seen in the NFL. If Marvin's defense hadn't won that SuperBowl in 2000 this fraud wouldn't have been out the along time ago, but yeah we can and should beat the Ravens again as well.

4-4, that's the goal.

edit: I thought we played balt after pitt, didn't realize buff was next.

After watching Pitt lose again last night, I know we can beat them and we always play Pitt tough. Rookie HC, Mike Tomlin, had some early success but I think the league is catching up to him now.

Denver can't stop the run. But Tomlin went in there and threw 10 out of 13 plays in the first quarter, 21 passes out of 36 plays in the first half. They only got back in that game because Worthlessberger was unconscious in the second half, he couldn't miss. Hopefully Tomlin will outsmart himself again this Sunday.

I love the Bengals, but what are you on?? Our D is terrible. Unless Mike Singletary AND Lawrence Taylor come out of retirement this week for us, this D has no chance.

The defense has been terrible at times but if they stop giving up big plays in the passing game I like our chances, the secondary, particularly the safeties have to step their game up. I agree it's going to be a tough game but I like our chances. Plus we will be at home, if you have tickets don't sell them Steelers fans!!!

I love the Bengals, but what are you on?? Our D is terrible. Unless Mike Singletary AND Lawrence Taylor come out of retirement this week for us, this D has no chance.

Add a time machine to your list. A present day Singletary and Taylor would need Geritol injections by half time! :lol:

But yeah, I get your point. ^_^

Add a time machine to your list. A present day Singletary and Taylor would need Geritol injections by half time! :lol:

I guarantee if you got LT into the locker room and there just happened to be a bowl of coke in there, he'd record 15 tackles and 6 sacks in the first half before his heart explodes at halftime.

I can live with that, sign him up! ;)

It'll take a colossal effort to beat Pitt - the Bengals are very dependent on Geathers and Smith making plays and pressuring the QB - if those two don't do that, the whole defense falls apart.

I will say the defense the last two weeks, depiste some terrible lapses as usual, seem to be picking things up. Still some big problems there though - that 1st half yesterday was ugly.

I like how Schlegel has played against the run, and even Dhani has been improving with more playing time.

I question how effective Brooks and Jeanty will be in the near future after being out so long, and Henry is at least two games away if he's even allowed to come back.

They need to continue rotating in young guys like The Duke and Dorsey and Holt, and I really hope Brat wakes up and realizes he needs to cut Rudi's load in half if he comes back next week. Dorsey deserves more carries, so does Watson obviously. They work better with this line it seems.

Let's keep in mind it was the Jets, and just like Baltimore's sorry offense, the Bengals' can look good one week and terrible the next.

So, we'll see I guess.

It'll take a colossal effort to beat Pitt - the Bengals are very dependent on Geathers and Smith making plays and pressuring the QB - if those two don't do that, the whole defense falls apart.

I will say the defense the last two weeks, depiste some terrible lapses as usual, seem to be picking things up. Still some big problems there though - that 1st half yesterday was ugly.

I like how Schlegel has played against the run, and even Dhani has been improving with more playing time.

I question how effective Brooks and Jeanty will be in the near future after being out so long, and Henry is at least two games away if he's even allowed to come back.

They need to continue rotating in young guys like The Duke and Dorsey and Holt, and I really hope Brat wakes up and realizes he needs to cut Rudi's load in half if he comes back next week. Dorsey deserves more carries, so does Watson obviously. They work better with this line it seems.

Let's keep in mind it was the Jets, and just like Baltimore's sorry offense, the Bengals' can look good one week and terrible the next.

So, we'll see I guess.

Geathers is playing well at lb, I really like the Smith/Geathers pass rush, Geather was getting held all game. You know Justin has to be kicking himself about that missed sack, it's a contract year too.

I would use Kenny and Rudi like the Steeler used Parker and Bettis, but Brat has to commit to the run more, at half Watson only had 10 carries, he got more carries and we won. Running the ball is the key to victory!!! :lol:

It was amazing to see that toss play actually work, it never works with Rudi in the back field, never. But Watson hits the hole quicker than Rudi and he's tough. Btw, did you see Brat dust off that shovel pass, good second half Brat, but after you chose to throw on 3rd & 2 from the 5 or whatever it was I wanted you fired, sorry but it's true.

So, we'll see I guess.

Geathers is playing well at lb, I really like the Smith/Geathers pass rush, Geather was getting held all game. You know Justin has to be kicking himself about that missed sack, it's a contract year too.

I would use Kenny and Rudi like the Steeler used Parker and Bettis, but Brat has to commit to the run more, at half Watson only had 10 carries, he got more carries and we won. Running the ball is the key to victory!!! :lol:

It was amazing to see that toss play actually work, it never works with Rudi in the back field, never. But Watson hits the hole quicker than Rudi and he's tough. Btw, did you see Brat dust off that shovel pass, good second half Brat, but after you chose to throw on 3rd & 2 from the 5 or whatever it was I wanted you fired, sorry but it's true.

Yep the Bengals' have sorely needed a 'Tandem' backfield for some time now. Can you see Rudi spinning out of that tackle in the backfield on 3rd down like Dorsey did yesterday? I can't.

Then again if Rudi gets holes like Watson did yesterday, I'm sure we would be singing his praises today as well.

I just can't think of any reason why the Bengals' wouldn't change it up more often with Watson, none at all. It should've been done early last season.

The Bengals looked like garbage yesterday, I don't care that they came back from down 13, they should not have been down by that much to the Jets. They need a tackling drill in that defensive backfield real bad. I'm telling you if you have Willie Parker on your fantasy roster that's almost a guaranteed win for you next week, he will be the second back to post 200 on the Bengals this year. That defense did not show me anything all game, Pennington was a couple of bad throws away from putting that game away yesterday stop kidding each other.

The Bengals looked like garbage yesterday, I don't care that they came back from down 13, they should not have been down by that much to the Jets. They need a tackling drill in that defensive backfield real bad. I'm telling you if you have Willie Parker on your fantasy roster that's almost a guaranteed win for you next week, he will be the second back to post 200 on the Bengals this year. That defense did not show me anything all game, Pennington was a couple of bad throws away from putting that game away yesterday stop kidding each other.

I hate being negative but you're right.

Don't get me wrong, it was AWESOME and good for the soul to finally watch us win a game. It was also very cool to watch us destroy someone with the run.

-However-

Guys, we barely beat a very bad Jets team. If we played the same team 3 weeks ago the score would probably have been the same. If we played the Pats tomorrow they would kill us with the same score as 3 weeks ago.

Was the win good? Yes - it counts.

Was it good for the team? Yes - I think the team needed a moral boost.

Was the timing good? Hell yes - we need all the wins we can get before our injured and suspended folks get back.

Again - not trying to be a downer but we still suck.

I guarantee if you got LT into the locker room and there just happened to be a bowl of coke in there, he'd record 15 tackles and 6 sacks in the first half before his heart explodes at halftime.

I can live with that, sign him up! ;)

Ha! Frickin hilarious!!

I say we start taking donations for the "Lawrence Taylor Bowl of Coke Fund"

Yeah, we do. That said, I'm not convinced Pitt is all that much better. They have, I believe, played precisely 1 team with a winning record, Seattle. They got to beat up on the hapless Bills, the Charlie Frye Browns, and the league's worst O, the Niners. Are they a better team? Yeah...but they ain't the Colts or Pats or even the Cowboys. Anyone who thinks this is a cant win game a la the Pats tilt isn't paying attention. If the Bengals are on the ball they can take this one...but whether they will indeed be on the ball is the big question.

Yeah, we do. That said, I'm not convinced Pitt is all that much better. They have, I believe, played precisely 1 team with a winning record, Seattle. They got to beat up on the hapless Bills, the Charlie Frye Browns, and the league's worst O, the Niners. Are they a better team? Yeah...but they ain't the Colts or Pats or even the Cowboys. Anyone who thinks this is a cant win game a la the Pats tilt isn't paying attention. If the Bengals are on the ball they can take this one...but whether they will indeed be on the ball is the big question.

And it's all about hope. Had they lost that game, the season was over. They live to fight for another day. I didn't see any major injuries, so maybe they can get some continuity going for a change.

And it's all about hope. Had they lost that game, the season was over. They live to fight for another day. I didn't see any major injuries, so maybe they can get some continuity going for a change.

Exactly. If they take it one game at a time, they just might "one game" themselves back into the playoff picture.

First piece of bulletin board material? The bookies have installed Cincy as 3.5 point home dogs for next Sunday.

Exactly. If they take it one game at a time, they just might "one game" themselves back into the playoff picture.

First piece of bulletin board material? The bookies have installed Cincy as 3.5 point home dogs for next Sunday.

I have hope, baby!! I'm just a skeptical and jaded fan of the Orange and Black!!

Great point - by the way - about the Stealers and their record. I DO think we have a chance against them I just don't think we should get too high on ourselves b/c we took a game from the Jets.

by the way - just imagine how pissed off our Jets brethren are right now!!

That is GREAT that we are 3.5 point dogs - by the way.

Hopefully that pisses off the D - they could stand a little more aggression.

if you think the Bengals have no chance of beating the Steelers next week at PBS then please just stop being a fan of the team, honestly. What is the point of supporting a team you don't think can, is life that bad?

I'm well aware that the Jets are one of the worst teams in the AFC but so was Cleveland and KC and we still lost those games. What you saw yesterday was improvement, that is a reason to be excited. Given our recent history with the Steelers we could be 0-15 and I think it would be good game, with everything that is on the line I think next weeks game will be one for the ages, or hopefully it's a Bengals blowout, either one is good with me.

Can we beat the Vanillies? Yes.

Will we beat them, probably not. At least, not this first meeting. We may get better and with more of our injured and suspended players back by the second meeting we may best them then.

Right now however, I'm taking this season one game at a time.. <_<

The Bengals looked like garbage yesterday ... That defense did not show me anything all game,

WHAT? The O-line blew the jets off the ball. The running game was great. The defense showed you nothing? How about a 3 and out in the 4th quarter when we really needed it? How about a fumble recovery in the 4th quarter? How about two sacks in the 4th quarter? How about a 4th quarter pick run back for a touchdown to put the game out of reach? How about... ahh, forget it.

Our playmakers made plays.