B. Wilkerson waived!

Variety

Looks like they dumped Gregg Guenther and Terrence Whitehead as well (thanks for the link, Terry). I'm not surprised to see Terrence cut, but the other two I didn't see coming. Ronnie Ghent must be a solid favorite to take over for Tony Stewart?

I was happy with Ghiaciuc. After about 2-3 games he absolutely dominated. He destroyed guys like Jamal Williams and that impressed me a lot.

"He's got a natural leadershipness about him," said Palmer of Ghiaciuc, the Bengals third-year center "I don't know if that's a word or not - but he's got that."

"The good thing for Eric over the 11 practices we've had is I don't hear coach (Paul Alexander) using his name very often, so that's a good thing," said Lewis. "I don't know that we've had a single guy work as hard as this kid this offseason. Both on the field and off the field in being a leader and leading that group and getting them organized in meetings on their own. He's just really studied football and has been constantly around."

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...SPT03/706070312

Plus Wilkerson played terrible, especially in the pre season. Stepanovich is healthy and he was a starter in Arizona so he should back up Guycheck.

Yeah, the Guenther release is the one that surprises me the most, since he was the only other TE on the roster besides Kelly with any actual game experience. Whitehead wasn't going to make the squad anyhow (nor will any back not named Rudi or Kenny). Too bad about Wilk. They must be planing on keeping Santucci on the active roster...

I was happy with Ghiaciuc. After about 2-3 games he absolutely dominated. He destroyed guys like Jamal Williams and that impressed me a lot.

"He's got a natural leadershipness about him," said Palmer of Ghiaciuc, the Bengals third-year center "I don't know if that's a word or not - but he's got that."

"The good thing for Eric over the 11 practices we've had is I don't hear coach (Paul Alexander) using his name very often, so that's a good thing," said Lewis. "I don't know that we've had a single guy work as hard as this kid this offseason. Both on the field and off the field in being a leader and leading that group and getting them organized in meetings on their own. He's just really studied football and has been constantly around."

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...SPT03/706070312

Plus Wilkerson played terrible, especially in the pre season. Stepanovich is healthy and he was a starter in Arizona so he should back up Guycheck.

Sounds like Ghiaciuc wants to be somebody, hooray for Ghiaciuc!!!

Wilkerson will get another shot if he's healthy, coming out of college he was a monster before his injury.

Tim Day is the guy at TE.

I thought Wilk played better than Bluto when he had to come in vs. the Ravens. As for Step, he stunk so badly out west that the Cards didn't even bother to make him an RFA tender.

I thought Wilk played better than Bluto when he had to come in vs. the Ravens. As for Step, he stunk so badly out west that the Cards didn't even bother to make him an RFA tender.

Stepanovich was a solid starter in Arizona. They didn't tender him because he couldn't stay healthy. He started every game he suited up for (3 straight years), so i don't think you can say he sucked.

Stepanovich was a solid starter in Arizona. They didn't tender him because he couldn't stay healthy. He started every game he suited up for (3 straight years), so i don't think you can say he sucked.

I certainly can...and I'd have a lot of Cards fans to back me up, apparently...

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=20232

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=126&F=1...p;STO=pagestart

I hope Bluto stays heathy because I have no faith in Step.

I certainly can...and I'd have a lot of Cards fans to back me up, apparently...

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=20232

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=126&F=1...p;STO=pagestart

I hope Bluto stays heathy because I have no faith in Step.

I wonder what the Bengals fans said when Sam Adams left. :sure:

Don't know how anyone can be shocked by Wilkerson getting cut. The only shock there should be is that it didn't happen sooner. Wilkerson isn't a quality NFL player. He's one of the many guys who are good college players but physically just don't have what it takes to for the NFL.

If you are surprised, you haven't been paying enough attention to my posts.

Out of the 207,174 total posts made here, you want us to pay special attention to your 140? :blink: I'll try to fit that into my schedule. :rolleyes:

I'm just kidding with you JoePong...but seeing how active you've been here while Bengalszone has been somewhat "dead," I'll put you on my "watch" list. ;)

im not shocked wilkerson got cut. who didnt see thsi coming when they signed stephanovich? he hasnt been the same since his injury and u could tell when they used him. he was barely able to do his job adequately. adequate does not get paid in this league. and as far as the other 2 go? are u kidding me? who cares. no one has a spot on this team just cuz they've played in the NFL. Marvin likes his guys, his way. he gave the guy a tryout thats it.

Out of the 207,174 total posts made here, you want us to pay special attention to your 140? :blink: I'll try to fit that into my schedule. :rolleyes:

I'm just kidding with you JoePong...but seeing how active you've been here while Bengalszone has been somewhat "dead," I'll put you on my "watch" list. ;)

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think most people were hoping that Wilkerson would return to his form in college. That's why people are "surprised". But after signing Stepanovich, I figured something was up.

I don't really remember that much about his play in the Ravens game but I do remember being a little disappointed after watching him play during the preseason. He seemed heavy-footed and not real agile. I chalked that up to rustiness and the knee injury. I guess it never got a whole lot better for him.

It was a real tough break for a seemingly good guy. I hope he lands somewhere in the league as long as it isn't in our division.

Yeah, the Guenther release is the one that surprises me the most, since he was the only other TE on the roster besides Kelly with any actual game experience. Whitehead wasn't going to make the squad anyhow (nor will any back not named Rudi or Kenny). Too bad about Wilk. They must be planing on keeping Santucci on the active roster...

but can you really call what he had experience?(guenther)

I am dissapointed that now we are left with Bluto (not impressive at all last season) and a reject from the Cards as the only Center depth. Wilkerson must not have shown much improvement over the off-season, because his short stint at center last season went as well if not better than anything Bluto has ever shown.

I am dissapointed that now we are left with Bluto (not impressive at all last season) and a reject from the Cards as the only Center depth. Wilkerson must not have shown much improvement over the off-season, because his short stint at center last season went as well if not better than anything Bluto has ever shown.

People need to cut the guy some slack, playing C in the NFL is one of the hardest jobs in all of sports because of the demands of the positions. For a young guy to step in and play the way Eric did, I think he did good job last year.

Yes he struggled at first but once he got his feet under him he was a good replacement for Braham. It's going to take some time for Eric to get to Richie's level, but it sounds like he's doing all of the right things and going about it the right way to ensure that he will improve.

I think the jump in Eric's performance between last year and this year will be one of the pleasant surprises of this season, he's going into this season preparing to be the starter, that alone should help take his game to the next level.

The center is qb for the o-line, if it takes qb's 3 years to really understand the offense and opposing defenses why would you expect for a player to step in from day 1 and not struggle when he's playing an equally demanding position?

Not on inside of marvins mind, but lookin from the outside and last year's performance, does anyone think will be the better player in say 2 years. Guycheck was a turnstyle at times and was really not that good. This smacks of coach loyalty to a player he drafted to try and prove he(coach) was right in drafting him. Wilkerson looked pretty good in pass pro last year. Much better than guycheck. And he seemed to know what he was doing with the calls. I know only one game, but money says he will start for another team in 2-3 years.