Nicholson Arrested for Assault

HoosierCat

In many ways, this is an 'opportunity' for the Bengals to make an example of him and cut him. Fair or not or whatever folks may say, cutting him immediately would show a change in direction and would make some level of positive out of a negative. Opportunity knocks ... open the door.

They guy is slower than my dead grandma - cut him, no big loss, move on with Everett and Henderson getting a better chance to show what they can do
If you're going based on their 40 times, Henderson and Everett aren't exactly speed demons. I had hopes for Nicholson because he was such a value pick for the 5th round. He was a very good player in college... but I shed no tears over the idea of cutting him. It wasn't a slam dunk for him to even make the team. Make and example out of him - just like Askew.

It was a 5th rounder. Well worth the risk if you ask me. The fact that it didn't work out doesn't make it a total waste, simply because 5th round draft picks are misses more often than hits anyway. Big freaking deal.

I'd be inclined to agree except "misses more often than hits" isn't quite accurate, at least as far as the marvin-era Bengals are concerned. "A complete wasteland" would be nearer the mark. Marvin's 5th rounders: Khalid Abdullah, Maurice Mann, Adam Keift and AJ Nicholson.

Hopefully the Big Toe can break the curse... :unsure:

It was a 5th rounder. Well worth the risk if you ask me. The fact that it didn't work out doesn't make it a total waste, simply because 5th round draft picks are misses more often than hits anyway. Big freaking deal.

I'd be inclined to agree except "misses more often than hits" isn't quite accurate, at least as far as the marvin-era Bengals are concerned. "A complete wasteland" would be nearer the mark. Marvin's 5th rounders: Khalid Abdullah, Maurice Mann, Adam Keift and AJ Nicholson.

Hopefully the Big Toe can break the curse... :unsure:

I was speaking in NFL draft generalities rather than specifically for the Bengals... but point taken. The Bengals should start trading 5th round picks for multiple 7th rounders. They do much better with those.

I don't know why this is such a big story ?? This guy was a turd when we got him and has done nothing since being here. Cutting this guy seems like the easiest decision the front office ever had to make. I like that it gives other players the chance to show something and get a chance that some asshat has blown...

WHODEY !!!

I don't know why this is such a big story ?? This guy was a turd when we got him and has done nothing since being here. Cutting this guy seems like the easiest decision the front office ever had to make. I like that it gives other players the chance to show something and get a chance that some asshat has blown...

WHODEY !!!

It's not a big story. It's only making headlines on bengals.com and here. It's not being made into a made-for-tv-movie and they're not talking about it non-stop on ESPN... and that's saying something, being that it's another Bengal arrest. But I don't think it should count against them any more than Askew's did, since he's not going to be on the team.