ed hartwell

bengalsfan17

Yeah he's been hurt two years in a row now, but is hopefully over his knee problems. He's only 28 yrs. old and could replace Simmons' production rather easily when healthy - and is probably a better player vs the run at this point.

Had a few very good games with Atlanta at the end of last season after coming back from artho surgery to clean out his knees.

If healthy, a welcome addition here.

I think he will be our starting weak side linebacker and add a lot to our defense, i think he is real good and this is a steal

Has he ever played WLB? If he could then I'd be fine with that but IMO we would be best served if he was at MLB and Ahmad at SLB. Then Odell could be groomed back into the MLB role.

Odell is a MLB, if you put him anywhere else you're wasting his ability. Ahmad is a freak, he can be a big impact at SLB as well as MLB. We all know Odell won't start from the beginning but Hartwell can be used as a stopgap till Odell proves himself and gets back into football shape. This would be a great move in my eyes. That way you don't have to worry about possibly putting Ahmad back to SLB middle of the season if Odell earns the right to come back and is ready.

The emergence\conversion of Eric Henderson may also explain the lack of linebackers drafted

I hope so. Seems like a tough kid, and I'm rootin' for him.

The Hartwell signing seems like it would do a lot to add depth. Wouldn't lose much if an injury took place.

Something I remember reading:

"A rookie LB wont help the Bengals unless he can rush the passer and make an immediate impact applying pressure."

My view is if we sign Hartwell and stick him in the middle and Brooks at SLB then we effectively spent our 3rd rounder on such a player (albeit supp draft). Plus one with a years experience on the team already. Of course this is assuming we plan to place Hartwell in the middle, which might not be the case. That and i dunno what happens to Jeanty.

Either way Hartwell can only helps us.

Something I remember reading:

"A rookie LB wont help the Bengals unless he can rush the passer and make an immediate impact applying pressure."

My view is if we sign Hartwell and stick him in the middle and Brooks at SLB then we effectively spent our 3rd rounder on such a player (albeit supp draft). Plus one with a years experience on the team already. Of course this is assuming we plan to place Hartwell in the middle, which might not be the case. That and i dunno what happens to Jeanty.

Either way Hartwell can only helps us.

Then who's the weakside? I'd rather configure things so that Jeanty is starting instead of Landon/Caleb, if possible. I'd go Jeanty at S, Brooks at M, and Hartwell at W if he plays it. That assumes Odell doesn't play a significant role.

Here we go with the Odell thing again... Still don't have a wager offer about how much of an impact her will have this year. I'm saying NONE !!! I'll offer 10,000,000 BengalsZone Dollars he won't have a big impact this year. Will he play ?? I'm thinking yes and hope he does well, but to think he's going to take the starters spot by any means than injury is wishful thinking at best...

I love the Hartwell direction we seem to be traveling in !!!

WHODEY !!!