Game Day - Week 13 Thread

HoosierCat

Here are the games that matter this weekend. Make your picks! (No playoff scenario discussion! Save it for the playoff scenario thread!)

Kansas City @ Cleveland: I simply can't imagine the Browns winning. Larry Johnson may set a new rushing record. Chiefs all the way.

New York Jets @ Green Bay: How many picks will Favre throw this week? No help for us here this weekend, either. J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.

Jacksonville @ Miami: Jax is an abysmal 1-4 on the road this year and is banged up to boot. Miami is well-rested after their Turkey Day win. Dolphins.

San Diego @ Buffalo: Snow showers, temps in mid-30s, winds in the 10-20 MPH range are waiting to greet the Chargers in Buffalo. However, Shawn Merriman is tanned, rested, and ready to greet J.P. Losman. Chargers.

Seattle @ Denver: Alexander is healthy. Hasselbeck is healthy. Cutler is starting for Denver. Seahawks.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansas City devours Cleveland.

Green Bay pulls it off late over New York.

Jacksonville continues their amazing streak of inconsistency with a win in Miami.

Buffalo gets the upset over San Diego, who never seems to play well in adverse weather conditions. Rivers is due a struggle.

Seattle builds on their momentum from the second half of the MNF game by beating Denver in Denver, with the help of some rookie mistakes from Cutler.

The Pack had better upset the Jets for starters :lol: The longer the Jets stay in the hunt, the better they'll play I do believe. The Pack may actually be 1 of the best teams left on the Jets sked w/ a shot at beating them.

Jax IRed Leftwich and I just can't see them getting it done with Garrard. So help hopefully comes from the Fins this week.

Cutler will probably carve the Seahwaks to pieces. :wacko: But maybe he'll make some costly mistakes. Wouldn't count on it though. He is, after all, replacing Jake Plummer.

It'll be interesting to see how Cleveland responds to getting creamed by the Bengals and their tension between Edwards and Frye as well as what looks like overall disintegration. But seriously doubt the Clowns will be of any help.

We will get NO HELP from da Packers/Browns they will lose, but I will be rooting for the Browns, this is the holiday season so we may get a miracle...The Seahawks can beat the Broncos, and the Bills do have a chance with the Chargers if only because of the weather...as for the Jags and Dolphins I think they have the same record of 6-5 so 1 of them will have 7 wins along with us...

The Pack had better upset the Jets for starters :lol: The longer the Jets stay in the hunt, the better they'll play I do believe. The Pack may actually be 1 of the best teams left on the Jets sked w/ a shot at beating them.

Jax IRed Leftwich and I just can't see them getting it done with Garrard. So help hopefully comes from the Fins this week.

Cutler will probably carve the Seahwaks to pieces. :wacko: But maybe he'll make some costly mistakes. Wouldn't count on it though. He is, after all, replacing Jake Plummer.

It'll be interesting to see how Cleveland responds to getting creamed by the Bengals and their tension between Edwards and Frye as well as what looks like overall disintegration. But seriously doubt the Clowns will be of any help.

The Jets also have a truly putrid sched. We need them to lose.

Cutler will probably carve the Seahwaks to pieces. :wacko:

Ya never know, but while I think Cutler is a great prospect, I'm not buying the hype. The CHFF guys did a good piece looking at the historical struggles of rooks...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=1161

...as if we didn't know that already, but what the heck.

1. Chiefs/Browns---Two weeks ago the Raiders had the Chiefs all but beat, when Aaron Brooks, doing what Aaron Brooks does well, grabbed victory and kicked it in the nuts. Point is, the Chiefs are NOT invinncible, Cleveland, when they want to can be stout against the run, and Cleveland will be fighting like wounded animals after the colossal beatdown Cincy levied against them last week.

There's your upset, Cleveland takes out KC.

2. Packers/Jets---Jets' schedule appears easy on paper, but the road game at Miami is a tester later and the Bills are no longer pushovers. And then there is this one...brutal cold in Lambeau. Packers win this, Jets are simply not good enough to go into Lambeau in December and beat the Packers, even a Brett Favre-is-decaying-rapidly Packers team.

Pack wins.

3. Jax at Miami---Not only is Miami playing better, but they are starting to think they can get into the playoffs themselves. They beat Jax, and somewhat easily.

Dolphins win.

4. Not sure why Hoosier listed SD/Buffalo, unless it is because of the Bills entering the WC picture if they win. At any rate, it may be cold, but it won't matter since SD owns a vintage LT unit.

Chargers.

5. Seahawks/Broncos---damn near impossible game to forecast. Hasselbeck in his second game back should be sharp. Broncos are as wounded and angry as any team, and while Cutler is a rook, he is a rook with an arm that Plummer can only in his wildest dreams think about having. Cutler gives a passing game dimension back to the Broncos.

Seahawks here, barely, and not much confidence in that pick at all.

The Broncos were already winning games scoring 13 to 17 points anyways, I'm worried that Cutler will actually be an improvement over jake "Mistake." It couldn't get much worse. However, Denver doesn't have that stout run game like in past years. Denver scares me just because I can see them making a run, and can just as likely see them imploding.

Watch out for those Brownies, they aren't as bad as their record(or our shutout) makes you think. Plus, KC and Cleveland have some history(look it up, it might make you change your thinking) The Brownies win a shocker on the road.

NEVER, EVER, EVER take SD in the cold. they might win, but it'll be by the hair of their chinny, chin, chin ;)

Miami is playing good football right now, while the Jags are going in the wrong direction. Miami is my team that gets on a hot streak at the end of the year, barely misses the playoffs, and gives all Miami fans hope for Daunte Cullpepper to crush next year :sure:

If for any reason I have to watch the Jets/Pack game on TV, I might just slit my wrists

4. Not sure why Hoosier listed SD/Buffalo, unless it is because of the Bills entering the WC picture if they win.

Actually, it's because its better for Cincy if the Chargers keep winning. If they have a late season collapse, Denver or KC could win the division and drop the Chargers into the WC picture, where they hold a head-to-head tiebreaker over us.

But the same token, I should add Detroit @ New England to the list of games to watch. We don't want NE slipping up and letting the soft-schedule Jets snatch the division, since they also beat the Bengals already. Fortunately, Detroit makes Cleveland look like a real football team. They are 0-5 on the road this year and I dont think they get off the schnide against NE. Patriots.

Of all of these if it was time for an upset it would be the Bills over the Chargers. I am personally surprised that the Chargers are giving -6 in this game, took the Bills on a parlay card. Would love to see the Brownies help us out but Cleveland is in the drains, then again who knows it's the NFL- any given Sunday...

1. Chiefs/Browns---Two weeks ago the Raiders had the Chiefs all but beat, when Aaron Brooks, doing what Aaron Brooks does well, grabbed victory and kicked it in the nuts. Point is, the Chiefs are NOT invinncible, Cleveland, when they want to can be stout against the run, and Cleveland will be fighting like wounded animals after the colossal beatdown Cincy levied against them last week.

Very good point... but if there was ever a team that could "kick victory in the nuts" it is the Browns. KC doesn't play well on the road, but right now, you don't have to play well to beat the Browns.

Very good point... but if there was ever a team that could "kick victory in the nuts" it is the Browns. KC doesn't play well on the road, but right now, you don't have to play well to beat the Browns.

this is true i mean look at the steelers game a few weeks ago. we can only hope. thats all...

4. Not sure why Hoosier listed SD/Buffalo, unless it is because of the Bills entering the WC picture if they win.

Actually, it's because its better for Cincy if the Chargers keep winning. If they have a late season collapse, Denver or KC could win the division and drop the Chargers into the WC picture, where they hold a head-to-head tiebreaker over us.

But the same token, I should add Detroit @ New England to the list of games to watch. We don't want NE slipping up and letting the soft-schedule Jets snatch the division, since they also beat the Bengals already. Fortunately, Detroit makes Cleveland look like a real football team. They are 0-5 on the road this year and I dont think they get off the schnide against NE. Patriots.

Exactly. We really just want Denver and/or KC to lose as much as possible at this point, and for San Diego and NE to keep on truckin'. And of course we still want Baltimore to fail regardless.

Jets drive to the 6 but can't punch it in. 3-0 NYJ.

Absolutely wonderful start for the Browns, quick 7-0 lead.
Yup. Nice series for Frye.

Losman gets picked; SD driving. Meanwhile NE & Detroit trading punts.

3-0 SD.

Green sacked on 3rd down. Clowns look like they are on a mission today.

Favre sacked, fumbles, Jets ball.

TD Jets.