Chris Perry's injury

johnson85

Just heard on the bengals post game show on WLW that Chris Perry broke his leg and he will need surgery. It was reported on bengals.com

that sucks, hes either injury prone or very unlucky.

This guy can't catch a break(no pun intended)

Hasnt anybody notice every Cincinnati Bengal 1st round pick, gets injured? its a curse to be drafted by us in the 1st round..

look at the recent 1st round draft picks..tell me if they've suffered a major injury or not: Brian Simmons, Peter Warrick, Chris Perry, Carson Palmer, Justin Smith, Levi Jones, and David Pollack.

We should draft some scrub in the first round this year. Im not even kidding.

-

Hasnt anybody notice every Cincinnati Bengal 1st round pick, gets injured? its a curse to be drafted by us in the 1st round..

look at the recent 1st round draft picks..tell me if they've suffered a major injury or not: Brian Simmons, Peter Warrick, Chris Perry, Carson Palmer, Justin Smith, Levi Jones, and David Pollack.

We should draft some scrub in the first round this year. Im not even kidding.-

Um when has Justin Smith been hurt?all the same agreed :P Kijana Carter also..only endurable 1st rnders we've had have been willie and justin.

Perry got creamed so hard on that run he could have got 4 or 5 different bones broke. Another one bites the dust for the Bengals in a season when far too many have got shelved. If Perry is indeed headed for IR, the Bengals will probably think about adding Quincy Wilson but they also have to decide by Tuesday whether or not Fanene is going to be added to the roster. They may just add him and stick with Rudi, Watson and JJ in the backfield.

Speaking of Turner for the Chargers, isn't he in his contract year? I would love to see him come to Cincy. I love Rudi, but i think he leaves a lot to be desired in terms of acceleration and agility, and most importantly vision. Turner could be a good change-of-pace back. We'd also have to get rid of Two-Carry-Perry, and I wouldn't be too sad to see him leave.

Sure is unlucky to be on the Bengals and have the last name Perry...first Tab and now Chris. Of coarse everyone knew Chris would get hurt again, if he didn't, then there would be something really strange going on this season! I say they bring in Quincy...and if he doesn't show something the rest of the season, the Bengals will look for a RB to draft in the 3-4 rounds.

Speaking of Turner for the Chargers, isn't he in his contract year? I would love to see him come to Cincy. I love Rudi, but i think he leaves a lot to be desired in terms of acceleration and agility, and most importantly vision. Turner could be a good change-of-pace back. We'd also have to get rid of Two-Carry-Perry, and I wouldn't be too sad to see him leave.

And speaking of Turner.....No doubt the Bengals needed to draft a RB in 2004 but I was hoping they'd wait til the 4th round and take either the Burner or Meldewe Moore. But I think Turner is a RFA so the Bengals would have to make an offer sheet higher than the Bolts tender. I doubt Turner will be a Bolt next year but also doubt he'll be a Bengal because some other team will likely snatch him with pretty big money to start.

And speaking of Turner.....No doubt the Bengals needed to draft a RB in 2004 but I was hoping they'd wait til the 4th round and take either the Burner or Meldewe Moore. But I think Turner is a RFA so the Bengals would have to make an offer sheet higher than the Bolts tender. I doubt Turner will be a Bolt next year but also doubt he'll be a Bengal because some other team will likely snatch him with pretty big money to start.

Yeah I think he could be a starter for a couple teams. I'm sorry to say but I don't see Rudi carrying the entire load for an extended amount of time. He seems to be okay with consistent two yard gains. I don't see Quincy Wilson as a replacement either...he's a less effective Rudi clone. IMO, we need someone more explosive in their cuts, someone that Chris Perry was supposed to be. The line doesn't do a bad job, but Rudi just seems too slow when picking his hole. He has no success on stretch plays, and that's because he's too indecisive. He can pound the rock, but I'd like a running back drafted this year.

Still wish we took kevin Jones instead of perry because that pick doesnt hurt our trade down :P

If memory serves me right, I think Julius Jones and Steven Jackson were available at that spot also.

Julius Jones lasted until late in the 2nd round. However, Steven Jackson was taken by St. Louis. I believe that was the spot directly after the pick we traded to the Broncos (when we got Deltha). I would not trade Deltha and Perry for Jackson (but all that really means is that I wouldn't trade Deltha for Jackson... I'd trade Perry for laundry quarters).

nfl network said out for the season....I really do feel bad for these guys (perry and pollack) but I feel more bad for bengals all monkey they sink it too 1st rnders just to have most not being able stay healthy 75% of te time....man we should trade down and pick up both of jets 2nd rnders this year :P