BengalsZone Big Board '07

HoosierCat

The rich get richer on the big board. The more Revis predictions I see, the less convinced I become he'll be a Bengal.

Sad but true. When I hear an analyst with scout connections like Mike Mayock move Revis to his #1 CB ahead of Houston and Hall this late in the game, it's because of what he's hearing.

What gives? I've been telling you that Revis is the best CB prospect for months now. So does a guy have to have his own television show to get any respect around here?

:lmao:

BTW, I think you guys are right about Revis being off the board before the Bengals pick. Carricker too.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nostrilanus has spoken :rolleyes:

I'd be more inclined to give respect to someone who actually watched him play several games, plus a guy like Mayock who's involved with scouts, even if it is just the word of scouts and maybe some coaches. Maybe you did say Revis is the best CB months ago, but it's quite convenient for you to say you've said Revis is the #1 CB now 2 days before the draft, eh? If it's respect your after, stick your d*ck out when it's not so safe to do so like it is now, say like pegging Revis as the #8 overall pick back in October, which really is months ago, way back when the mock drafts are useless. ;) You're way too full of your own sh#t.

But it's the personnel people who ultimately count more than the scouts or most coaches and Leon Hall remains more tested against better talent than Revis, which hopefully counts for something before the Bengals pick.

Maybe you did say Revis is the best CB months ago, but it's quite convenient for you to say you've said Revis is the #1 CB now 2 days before the draft, eh? If it's respect your after, stick your d*ck out when it's not so safe to do so like it is now, say like pegging Revis as the #8 overall pick back in October, which really is months ago, way back when the mock drafts are useless. ;) You're way too full of your own sh#t.

Well, if all wanted to do is appear to be full of s**t all I'd have to do is follow your lead by repeating Mayock's opinion about Chris Houston for months. Of course, when Mayock finally realizes his mistake and backs off that opinion you can quickly do the same. Which you just did.

:jerry: :jerry: :jerry:

:lol: anyhow...

The Great Blue North Report just chimed in with their last mock and had us taking Anthony Spencer DE/OLB out of Pudue with our 1st and Josh Wilson CB out of Maryland with our 2nd.

Spencer was one of those guys who was up there as a mid-first choice back at the tail end of last year, when mocks were still being based on college season performance and not bowl games and all the subsequent draft hype. Then he got swamped by the hype machine...but the last week or so he has enjoyed something of a comeback. He's definitely an above-average pass-rusher but a bit of a 'tweener.

Maybe you did say Revis is the best CB months ago, but it's quite convenient for you to say you've said Revis is the #1 CB now 2 days before the draft, eh? If it's respect your after, stick your d*ck out when it's not so safe to do so like it is now, say like pegging Revis as the #8 overall pick back in October, which really is months ago, way back when the mock drafts are useless. ;) You're way too full of your own sh#t.

Well, if all wanted to do is appear to be full of s**t all I'd have to do is follow your lead by repeating Mayock's opinion about Chris Houston for months. Of course, when Mayock finally realizes his mistake and backs off that opinion you can quickly do the same. Which you just did.

You think so :rolleyes: Your problem Hair is that you are a sanctimonious a$$wipe who likes to think he knows the truth about what is and what isn't when in fact what you think you know -- in this case -- is total 100% complete bunk :lmao: My lead is my lead, you asshat. I don't back off sh#t for any reason other than the reasons I got.

Unlike you, I got a record to go by Girl Scout. So make sure no one's in the room other than yourself if you want to queaf at the mouth again. To refresh your deluded memory, Mayock never had Houston rated as a Top 5 corner until the combine. Never mentioned anything about Houston any time he talked corners.

Now if you go back and look, which you obviously didn't do you Fugtarded POS twat, I had Houston as the #3 CB at #22 on January 22 and the only time I moved Revis from #2 to #3 was after Revis didn't run at the combine.

As for Alleycat, no doubt Hair pimped Revis at some convenient point, which is suddenly months ago and no doubt you never heard of him. But reading the mock drafts here can be revealing, like this one from October 19:

1. JaMarcus Russell QB LSU - Raiders

2. Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech - Browns

3. Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma - Texans

4. Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame - Lions

5. Gaines Adams DE Clemson - Titans

6. Marshawn Lynch RB Cal - Packers

7. Ted Ginn WR Ohio State - 49ers

8. Darrelle Revis CB Pitt - Bucs

9. Joe Thomas LT Wisconsin - Cards

Maybe then you coulda heard of Revis, literally months ago. Maybe that's how Hair heard of him. :thumbsup:

My money now is on Timmons. He seems the best fit, the best value, and the most likely to be available among the players usually in this discussion.

Timmons would be a force, if Marv let him be one. If they try to just use him as a cover backer, they won't get the most out of what he can do, which is attack the line and blitz like a demon.

Timmons, Reggie Nelson or Jarvis Moss. I'd like to see an impact defensive player and Timmons is the best blitzer, Nelson the best centerfield playmaker and Moss the quickest twitched DE I've seen in years and he'll fill out w/o losing that twitch.

Now if you go back and look, which you obviously didn't do you Fugtarded POS twat, I had Houston as the #3 CB at #22 on January 22 and the only time I moved Revis from #2 to #3 was after Revis didn't run at the combine.

Yeah and your dumb ass thought Revis would run something like a 4.6 40, which is all the proof anyone needs that you wouldn't know a real athlete even if he had just pulled his dick out of your mouth. Which I'm guessing is how you get the insider information you just bragged about.

Meanwhile, Revis ran just as well as I predicted he would, which must have been a surprise to your dumbass considering how often you claimed that he and Hall would produce slow times. Neither did. And another athlete that you kept claiming wasn't good enough to be drafted at #18, Adam Carricker, is also likely to be long gone so you'll miss that one too. Oh and let's not forget when you claimed Amobi Okoye was all hype. Yeah, he'll be long gone too. Best, your dumb ass claimed that Brent Curvey, a player who may not get drafted at all, was actually better than Okoye. Frankly, that one was even dumber than when you claimed for months that Marcus McCauley was a sure fire 1st round pick who might be the best CB available.

Don't get me wrong as I think we're all impressed knowing that you spend endless hours pouring over miles of game film while breaking down the technical skills of every position. In fact, I can't for the life of me figure out why you're still doing this sort of the thing on an internet message board. And I'm not talking about being hired by an actual NFL team. No, with the ever growing interest in the draft vast hordes of pasty white nebishes have emerged from their basements and sold their opinions to newspapers, webpages, and other media outlets. So what's holding you back? It can't be the fact that you're an a**h***, right? Because Mel Kiper is an a**h*** and he's making major coin.

Quite frankly, I probably shouldn't make fun of the times when you ape every opinion Mike Mayoch gives because when you offer your own insights you just come off like a garden variety dink reading directly from a draft guide or some internet web page. But just think, in only two days your dumb ass can start pretending you would have done better than the people who actually write the player evaluations you copy word for word.

It's a great time of year, ehh?

:sure:

Maybe then you coulda heard of Revis, literally months ago. Maybe that's how Hair heard of him. :thumbsup:

Almost everyone familiar with college football knows who Revis is, and that was just as true months ago. However, it takes a special kind of a**h*** to claim that Chris Houston is better.

:cheers:

...Moss the quickest twitched DE I've seen in years and he'll fill out w/o losing that twitch.

Hey, that's almost word for word what Mark Schlerreth(SP?) said on ESPN this morning. So does Mike Mayoch know you're cheating on him?

Just in defense of myself, I checked, and Hair was pimping Revis in a post dated January 26th, although that's frankly even later than I remembered it. As far as I know that's months ago...

I'm not going to check because it doesn't mean anything to me, but Carrick and Revis were the first two players I mentioned in regards to the draft. I was quickly informed by almost everyone with a keyboard that neither of them were worthy of being drafted at #18.

BTW, I'm not sure what set off Schweinhart and I don't really care, but I think it might have been months ago when I stated that mock drafts written in January or February were pie-eyed stupid. I mean c'mon, do they give a prize to the guy who was wrong about everything earlier than anyone else?

And truth be told I think the ones being written today are only slightly less stupid, but I guess it gives some people a much needed break from endless masturbating.

Meanwhile, back to the fun....

Damn. Fugtarded POS twats? Dicks in mouths? What the hell got into you two a couple of days prior to the draft?

It's probably my fault. I tried joking with a dedicated draftnik just before the draft, and everyone knows that's when a draftniks bloated feelings of self-importance are at their greatest. In retrospect I should have approached Schweinhart more carefully, making enough noise to ensure that he wouldn't be startled.

Seriously though, can't you picture Schweinhart holed up in a locked room filled with a half dozen televisons all tuned in to Path To The Draft and NFL Live. I can almost see the numerous draft guides and cheese nips scattered everywhere, as are countless value lists and player rankings printed from webpages. And in the background a pee-soaked mattress that hasn't been slept in for several days.

And there, huddled in the corner, is the pathetic figure of poor Schweinhart, muttering over and over and over again...

"I don't care if you said it two days ago or four months ago. I said it first. Yeah, I said it first. I said it first. Everyone knows I said it first. It was me. Me that said it first. They all know I said it first. That other guy? NO, he didn't say it first. It was me. Me who said it first. I said it in October, when the leaves were turning a glorous red and gold. They know that, right? Because I said it first. Ohhhhh yeah, Brainstorm!!!!!! I'll call that other guy Nostrilanus!!! Yeah, that'll show him. That'll show them ALL."

:lmao:

Damn. Fugtarded POS twats? Dicks in mouths? What the hell got into you two a couple of days prior to the draft?

It's probably my fault.

Actually Hair... I'm with you on this one. I certainly see how many can view you as an instigator with some of your condescending and sarcastic rants, but schweiny went off this time, and it seemed a bit unprovoked.

P.S. It's a pet peeve of mine when people take credit for other people's ideas as their own. Schweiny's borrowing of Mark Schlereth's opinion on Moss only gives me more cause to side with you. Not that I don't appreciate Schweiny on this board... I do like his analysis, but how hard is it to cite a source? Sure... it reveals it isn't an original idea, but when you're caught, your credibility is shot. That's a bitch, isn't it?

Actually Hair... I'm with you on this one. I certainly see how many can view you as an instigator with some of your condescending and sarcastic rants, but schweiny went off this time, and it seemed a bit unprovoked.

I'd say it was totally unprovoked, but I'm adapting.

As for Schweiny, I like him too, and I hope we're all laughing about this tommorrow. But that said, if anyone insults me a dozen or so times and does so in a way that doesn't seem to be joking then all bets are off, and I'm putting a dick in their mouth. That's just the way it is.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Quite frankly, I probably shouldn't make fun of the times when you ape every opinion Mike Mayoch gives because when you offer your own insights you just come off like a garden variety dink reading directly from a draft guide or some internet web page. But just think, in only two days your dumb ass can start pretending you would have done better than the people who actually write the player evaluations you copy word for word.

I especially like this Garden variety dink :lol: Go back to October when all of your draft guides and your internet web pages had this:

1. JaMarcus Russell QB LSU - Raiders

2. Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech - Browns

3. Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma - Texans

4. Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame - Lions

5. Gaines Adams DE Clemson - Titans

6. Marshawn Lynch RB Cal - Packers

7. Ted Ginn WR Ohio State - 49ers

8. Darrelle Revis CB Pitt - Bucs

9. Joe Thomas LT Wisconsin - Cards

Seriously, go back and STFU. :lmao: Granted it was in October and even more useless than Jan. or Feb. but guess what, it and the others that followed consisted of more than 4 players. I can't say I have changed too much from what I saw and what I think since then.

But BTW, where exactly are your picks so that you can at least have some reference for your santicmonious ass can pretend you know sh#t from shinola. You can do it, you've got 2 days right?. Or are you just the kind of p***y who takes shots at others but just can't quite muster up the gumption to stick their a$$ out?

Meanwhile, Revis ran just as well as I predicted he would, which must have been a surprise to your dumbass considering how often you claimed that he and Hall would produce slow times. Neither did.

I believe your confused there Hair with Daymeion Hughes but slow 40's times wouldn't have helped either Revis or Hall, not that I claimed either would produce slow times. I mean really.....would I have picked the following if I had thought what they ran would have so adversely affected their draft status:

October 19: Revis 8, Hall 14

Jan 3: Revis 13, Hall 16

Jan 22: Revis 16, Hall 13

Feb. 10: Revis 16, Hall 23

March 1: Revis 22, Hall 16

March 7: Revis 22, Hall 16

March 28: Revis 18, Hall 12

April 8: Revis 18, Hall 12

Sure there's some flux and in their cases straightline speed had to be an issue because it is with all corners, especially if they're going to be viewed as more than zone corners. Revis not running at the combine did put up enough of a red flag for me that I dropped him until he proved otherwise, which he did.

And another athlete that you kept claiming wasn't good enough to be drafted at #18, Adam Carricker, is also likely to be long gone so you'll miss that one too.

As for Carriker (if you like him so much, try spelling his name right), which one is it going to be Hair? Ape Mayock or dispute the value of Carriker's athletic right despite his inability to produce on the field against better opposition? Take your pick and stick with it. I'll stay with mine -- on the field Carriker looked like a 2nd or 3rd round talent. And I expect him to look like that in the NFL regardless of where he's picked.

Oh and let's not forget when you claimed Amobi Okoye was all hype. Yeah, he'll be long gone too. Best, your dumb ass claimed that Brent Curvey, a player who may not get drafted at all, was actually better than Okoye.

Oh yes, let's not forget that and learn something about yourself here. You like to strecth the truth and turn around and spew your distorted version :rolleyes: . I guess it makes you the putz that you are. Okoye is about as hyped as it gets -- based on his performance on the field during the college season, which I doubt you ever saw. True, Okoye established himself as a starter for 1 year and put up Brent Curvey numbers in much the same Big Play Curvey fashion -- with penetration and quickness, same boom or bust from play to play. They even looked similar on the field with Curvey being a little shorter. I believe the jist of the argument was that Curvey put up the better numbers as a run defending DT and pass rusher over the course of his career as a 4-year starter. During his college career -- guess what -- Curvey was the better player. But don't you think I would've had Curvey being drafted if I thought he was a better pro prospect? The whole point was that Okoye is unproven as a run defender and it's what kept him as a rotational DT as a junior.

Frankly, that one was even dumber than when you claimed for months that Marcus McCauley was a sure fire 1st round pick who might be the best CB available.

Yes, frankly, quite frankly. Actually, McCauley could very well turn out to be the best corner in this draft and a 1st round pick to boot. I wouldn't rule it out. Somebody's going to like him and he'll get his shot. And guess what? I still got him as the 6th corner. I had McCauley at 24 in Oct., 21 Jan 3 and 27 on Jan. 22. Where exactly do you think McCauley will get drafted, Hair?

You talk big but you ain't sh#t. You want to snipe people but you got to do better if you want to snioe me because I'll kick your a$$. So go ahead and take a shot at a mock. Come on Hair, you can do it. Until then, your just a vainglorious POS with my d#ck in your mouth.

Take it to the PMs guys. We don't need an important pinned thread to end like this -- covered in it's own s**t.

Oh, don't worry, it'll only be pinned for another day or so. I'm going to post the final Big Board update on the main board later today anyhow.

That said, what is this, National Hijack A Message Board Thread week? :lmao:

P.S. It's a pet peeve of mine when people take credit for other people's ideas as their own. Schweiny's borrowing of Mark Schlereth's opinion on Moss only gives me more cause to side with you. Not that I don't appreciate Schweiny on this board... I do like his analysis, but how hard is it to cite a source? Sure... it reveals it isn't an original idea, but when you're caught, your credibility is shot. That's a bitch, isn't it?

I must have missed the Jarvis Moss remark but let's go to the tape:

Moss the quickest twitched DE I've seen in years and he'll fill out w/o losing that twitch.

If Mark Schlereth really said that, then he's smarter than what I've heard him say. My pet peeve is people who fail to recognize what's in front of their face and can't differentiate between someone's own informed opinion and what they think is otherwise because they are largely unable to form an opinion without relying on someone else's. I mean seriously folks, you can base on opinion based upon what you watch on the field and I've watched a lot of Jarvis Moss enough to pick him between #10 overall and #15 dating back for months now. Who should I give the credit to for that? Mayock or Schlereth? :lmao: Maybe I should give Mel Kiper credit for picking JaMarcus Russell as the #1 overall back in October or LaRon Landry at #6 to the Skins? Or how about the long-since-dead argument of who's the #1 DE -- Gaines Adams or Quentin Moses?How about Jamaal Anderson? Wanna talk about a double-edged sword? Maybe I should hang my consistent analysis of Adam Carriker on Greg Cosell? Or my take on the Okoye ultra hype on something other than his performance on the field? Any ideas who I could hang that on? Let's just say Schlereth. :lmao:

Dudes, I've not been accused of thieving the words or opinions of others and anyone who's read what I put down really ought to know better.

But not to further detour this thread, let's talk Moss then because there's a good chance he's the #18 pick. When he declared, the only couple of drawbacks with him were medical, character and strength because you don't need a Mark Schlereth to tell you that Moss is the premier pass rushing blaster of this draft if you've bothered to watch him play. He was knocked out of action for 2 years with a misdiagnosed staph infection in his pelvis and dropped under 220 pounds. So long as the medical reports didnt show that there's any collateral chronic damage like arthritis in his hip, that medical issue shouldn't affect his draft status because he got his weight over 250 and wailed for a full season after getting the right treatment. Character wise, he's got a pot rap but that's a pretty big boat with a lot of players in it. Still maybe enough for the Bengals to pass given their recent draft history and its problems.

What would Moss bring to the Bengals? If the Bengals believe they are set at RDE either way with Jumpy or Justin Smith, then why draft another RDE if they also believe that Moss is undersized for the position right now in the same manner as Quentin Moses? Why not take Moses in the 2nd instead, especially if they believe Moss is where Moses would've been at last year had he entered early and could be the same risk of not taking advanatge of a year's worth of opportunity to get bigger and stronger?

For the Bengals, strength would have to be the wildcard with Moss because with the front-end franchise money Jumpy got, it's hard to think the latter doesn't switch to RDE again -- this time at the right weight. So the Bengals most likely would have to look at Moss as a future strongside DE who can be one hellacious 3rd down pass rusher until he beefs up his game at the point of attack. I was disappointed in his seeming disinterest between the BCS title game and the combine not to hit the weights as hard as he could to show that's he willing and determined to improve his strength -- 17 lifts is meager at best and the doubt about his ability to play strong inside, especially on the strongside where believe or not you could have actually noticed he had more problems in games than he did on the weak because of the extra trash.

Is that credible enough for a putz. :lol:

If not, go back and look at the Bengalszone Mock Draft comments on Moss. I'll let my record speak for itself because there is one there. But anyone who wants to state that I'm not working my own opinion is dead wrong. Those folks get zero respect from me because they're either too uninformed or deluded to realize what the case is. And if you think you get the right to talk about the credibility of what I do, just know that you yourself aren't credible enough to state what is credible if your talking about me.

That's a bitch, isn't it? (Source: Derekshank)

That's a bitch, isn't it? (Source: Derekshank)

That was legitimately funny there at the end... but here's the problem with your last several posts. I used to like you. Now you're just acting like an a**h***. In your attempt to try to get the masses turned against Hair (many of whom already dislike the guy, so it shouldn't have been difficult) you simply turned guys who had nothing invested in the argument against yourself. You have now come off as a conceited, self-important, condescending a**h***. If that was your goal... job well done.

For my part, I simply don't care if you think I'm credible or not. My opinion is just that... my opinion. Everything else, I cite. I don't sit in my basement watching college football tapes of guys the Bengals might pick.

You on the other hand seem to have a great deal of your self-worth wrapped up in what people on a fan forum think of your opinion. You show evidence of this by your uncontrollable desire to searching through old threads for old posts proving that you were the first to say whatever about whomever. Yep, you've spent the hours researching, and it's important to you for us to know that you had it right first. Well, congratulations... I feel sorry for you.

C'mon, everybody, sing along!

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time

I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown

I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line

I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me

As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President

so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright

but yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA

they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

:lol::sure:

My pet peeve is people who fail to recognize what's in front of their face and can't differentiate between someone's own informed opinion and what they think is otherwise because they are largely unable to form an opinion without relying on someone else's.

But if you were really so good at forming an opinion on what you see then why would you need a track timing to know that Revis didn't lack speed? Couldn't you determine that just from watching the miles and miles of game film that you do? So how come you can't form a real opinion without being spoon fed information? I mean c'mon, I had absolutely no problem stating point blank that Revis would run a great time and all I had to go on is what I saw with my own eyes, right? But not you. Oh no, you needed someone to tell you that he ran in the 4.3's before you could form an opinion about his speed. Well, where's the value in that? What dumbass couldn't come to the conclusion that a player was pretty fast if you told him the guy had just run a 4.3?

As for me doing a mock, no. I've repeatedly said that I think they're stupid and I don't feel compelled to jump through a hoop just because idiots like you can do one. Hell, anyone can do one if they feel like wasting the time. And you've got the time to waste, right? But lets face facts here. Doing a mock draft doesn't make your dick bigger and mine still fits perfectly into your mouth.

Besides, you're not fooling anyone here. We all know you did your first mock draft several months ago armed with other peoples lists of team needs and other peoples value rankings. In fact, knowing that to be true I'd say you've got a whole bunch of dicks in your mouth.

BTW, nice attempt at a save on the Mark Schlereth remark. Isn't it interesting that he said exactly the same things about Jarvis Moss immediately before you formed your own identical opinion. Best, after I mentioned it all you immediately attempted to salavage your credibility by taking a few shots at Derekshank. So who's next?