PLAYOFFS NOT GONE JUST YET

schnarfer

For those who want to jump ship, step back, breathe and realize that we are still very much in the wild card race. Denver/chargers will get one but after that we are only a game back of that 2nd spot. With the offense gelling, this team just have to believe they can win and their schedule has only 1 game that i would be scared of (indy). Lets all keep our heads up and build on the offensive explosion we let out today.

Yeah the 2nd wildcard is definitely within reach but it's a shame that it's come to that this early.

NYJ 5-4

Jax 5-4

KC 5-4

Those would be the 3 the Bengals are vying against unless the Jets do turn out to win the East which would bounce the Bengals on the head-to-head with the Pats.

But the Bengals got the Chiefs already. Doubtful the Jets keep up their miracles and the Jags are hard to tell. So I'd say that one would likely come down to Bengals-Jags as the 2nd wildcard if the Bengals can get on a roll soon.

Yeah the 2nd wildcard is definitely within reach but it's a shame that it's come to that this early.

NYJ 5-4

Jax 5-4

KC 5-4

Those would be the 3 the Bengals are vying against unless the Jets do turn out to win the East which would bounce the Bengals on the head-to-head with the Pats.

But the Bengals got the Chiefs already. Doubtful the Jets keep up their miracles and the Jags are hard to tell. So I'd say that one would likely come down to Bengals-Jags as the 2nd wildcard if the Bengals can get on a roll soon.

You forget either the Chargers or Denver, whichever one doesn't win their division.

My rough estimate of the Bengals chances of a WC is spot is about 0.1%

They didn't forget Charger or Denver, Hoosier, they acknowledged the loser of that battle gets the first wild card.

They're right, technically very much alive for the second Wild Card spot.

For it to be more than a technicality, they have to win the next four in a row with no questions asked to get to 8-5. Then it will be prayer time against Indy, Denver, and Pittsburgh.

Realistically, the much feared 8-8 or so is upon us. Main thing will be to see if Carson continues to be sharp and get sharper as he gets farther and farther from the injury. If so, not a complete loss to the year.

Almost time to start getting our list of LBs and DEs for April together...

For those who want to jump ship, step back, breathe and realize that we are still very much in the wild card race. Denver/chargers will get one but after that we are only a game back of that 2nd spot. With the offense gelling, this team just have to believe they can win and their schedule has only 1 game that i would be scared of (indy). Lets all keep our heads up and build on the offensive explosion we let out today.

to make it for sure we need to go 6-1...5-2 might work, but it might not....I dont Honestly know how you can say that you only see 1 tough game, when we still have to play BALTIMORE, PITTSBURG (division games are always tough), New Orleans is not a slouch anymore, and what scares me more, is the ROAD GAMES AT INDY, AND AT DENVER...

as optimistic as I'd like to be, it will be tough, but if they do make the playoffs, with that remaining schedule,

that just might help them build the type of "character" and "heart" it takes to win championships.....Time will tell

i see a win probably against oakland, maybe on the road against the browns, maybe next week against the saints, and if we are lucky the colts will wrap up homefield when we play them. and maybe we beat the steelers but that is still only 9 wins with alot of maybes tossed in there.

There is only one game left on the schedule where I put the Bengals down as "definite" winners. That is against Oakland.

While I have tempered my disappointment, I have to believe the Bengals have gone through some sort of unprecendented schedule stretch. The last four games have all come against teams with 2 or fewer losses at the time of the game. This has been the hardest schedule I have seen a team play in a while and 4 of the Bengals losses have come with the Bengals holding the ball on the last possession with a chance to win or tie the game. So while they are not far off, it still sucks being 4-5 right now.

Honestly, with this team.......who knows? All I know is that if the OFFENSE plays like this the rest of the way nobody aside from INDY can score with us, so we might be able to make the playoffs, BUT IT WILL BE TOUGH, with the Defense stinkin up the field.

Just remember......THE BENGALS DROPPED 41 POINTS TODAY ON THE NFL'S #2 RANKED DEFENSE...

One last thing...that CINCY vs. INDY game might break the NFL RECORD FOR MOST POINTS IN A GAME...both offenses can light it up..and RIGHT NOW..you'd be hard pressed to find 2 worse defenses in the NFL

We've lost 5 of our last 6 games. We have a losing record at week 10. I see no reason to expect this team to be able to pull out a 6-1 finish. We haven't played a complete game since week 2.

I'm glad to see Palmer and Chad get back in sync... but it doesn't count for much when the defense plays the way it did.

I'll gladly admit I was wrong if a miracle happens, but at this point, I don't see how we can make the playoffs. I don't think the Ravens are better than us... but they are 7-2 and we're 4-5. We aren't so much better than them that we can climb out of that hole, and the Wildcard is not coming out of the AFC North.

Play for pride. Show character by finishing the season strong, and give us something to build on for next year... but at this point, it's looking like a "well get 'em next year" type of season.

Looking at it this morning, the playoffs are still reachable. The Bengals are only 1 game out of the last playoff spot, and JAX/NYJ/KC are the contenders. Now the defense will have to force some punts, but if the offense keeps going like it is, and the Bengals can somehow manage 9-7, I think a miracle can occur and the Bengals will be the 6th seed in the playoffs.

This team doesn't have the heart nor the desire or the focus to go that far, nor the coaching staff.

There's a few guys who do on the team, but the majority of them on defense play like old men who'd rather be somewhere else. No pride, no backbones, no guts, no ability. They'll just get slaughtered in the 1st round of any playoff scenario, any ways.

As I just posted in another thread, The Jets are not a lock to beat anyone and will surely lose next week to Chicago. KC still has to play Denver,Baltimore,San Diego, and Jacksonville. The Jags still have to face the Giants, Indy, New England, and KC...and Honestly, how good are Jacksonville, the Jets, and KC ?.....dont give up hope yet, we have a tough road, but so do others, we've had our share of injuries, and who's to say that any of our upcoming opponents cant have a player or two go down with an injuy...ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

we ARE done this year.

No amount of personal "team spirit" or talk will change that.

I take heart in that things I worry about for next year are coming together. Depth at LT. Solid overall OL play. Further improvement by Carson, and the new "no more games, just do your job" Chad.

I'd like to see the promising young'uns getting more playtime. JJ in place of Tory (Tory's contract is up this year), Fanene in place of Robinson or Smith, Peko and Shaun Smith in place of Thorton, and etc. Andrews needs more playing time as well. Clearly, the draft and free agency will once again need to revolve around defense.

Please tell me Sam Adams is gone after this year. He has not helped the run D one bit. He might have if he came to camp in shape and ready to play, but all he did was cash checks.

How can anyone talk playoffs after today's defensive preformance.

Yea, mathmatically were still in it. But NO ONE with a D like ours makes the playoffs. Or deserves to.

:bengal:

No one? Does the name COLTS ring a bell? 20th in overall defense....we are 24th...I Just wish we had the Colts' schedule....

Really? You're going with the schedule argument? The Colts won @NYG, @Denver, @NE and Jacksonville. We haven't shown evidence that we would have won any of those games. We've lost 5 of our last 6... and some of them were against teams like Tampa Bay, and 3 home games. The schedule shouldn't bother you if you are an elite team... which we are not.

Just remember what OUR offense did to teams last year.

Look at what OUR offense did to SD defense ranked very high this year.

The SD offense is pretty close to ours, so it should not be a surprise considering that our defense is at the VERY LEAST inconsistent. :P

So, how many more offensive teams do we play? Indy.

So we still have a shot, all be it a remote one. But it is still a shot, none-the-less. :)