Bengals v. Bucs Game thread

Ox

blame the refs if you want, but it's obvious this team is playing like an 8-8 team.

We'll do worse than that if we get a frigging 15 yard penalty every time we breathe in the same area code as the opposing team's QB.

I know you like to bait,but the reality is the Bengals got robbed.

Two drives kept alive by roughing calls.The only two times TB scored kept alive by phantom calls.

The Bengals were robbed,plain and simple.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blame the refs if you want, but it's obvious this team is playing like an 8-8 team.

We'll do worse than that if we get a frigging 15 yard penalty every time we breathe in the same area code as the opposing team's QB.

Two drives kept alive by roughing calls.The only two times TB scored kept alive by phantom calls.

ONly somebody who doesn't understand a lick of football would think that Geathers penalty wasn't justified.

I just wish we had a def that we can reley on to win games it just seems we dont get enough pressure on the qb we blitz and never get there, and the run d still sucks. The off was not in sync but i understand with the o-line which i thought did a great job for what they had, but Palmer and johnson or anyone really dosnt seem to be explosive. It dosnt get any easier now we play alot of really good teams now we needed this win bad.

I'm not sure what more I could have asked of an undermanned D. If I had been told this morning Tampa was going to score 14 points, I would have bet my @ss on the Bengals. The O-Line is as decimated as the LBs but at some point there's got to be some accountability.

That call on Justin cost us the game...cause wasn't there a fumble on the play that we recovered as well. Yeah, its disapointing to lose on such a BS play, but that's a game that shouldn't have been close, injuries are ruining this season very quickly for us.

ONly somebody who doesn't understand a lick of football would think that Geathers penalty wasn't justified.

Oh,I do understand football.

I played.

I'm just as certain that you haven't. :sure:

Keep baiting though. :)

And...f**king Bratkowski has to find a way to get them 6 instead of 3 when they get near the red zone. It's costing them games now.

And some mod needs to boot that piece of s**t tibor from this board. That s**t with him gets old.

While the roughing the passer penalty was a huge call. I can't put the entire game on that call.

The 3 and out drive that gave the ball back to the Bucs was the main reason the Bengals lost... The offense's inability to put the Bucs away, the 3rd down play calling. This one falls squarely on the offense, with a little blame on the defense for generating very little pressure on Gradkowski

Why not tell the world that he has so little confidence in his offense and the crap thay presented at Raymond James Stadium today that he felt like he had a better chance to win the game by sending in his kicker who couldn't hit a 52 yd FG much less a 62 yarder against the wind.

Why not? Because he's supposed to go for the win, not send a message to the world. This isn't character-building for the JV team, it's professional football.

f**k THE NFL ITS FIXED

I agree. More and more i see teams that should win lose or not score because of bad calls, that appear almost irrational and at best inconsistent, and usually facor the nfl team (national tv game appeal, home team, team being punished for the players conduct) Must be professional betting getting thier hand on the game. The refs clearly influence the games out come. There was no penalty on the sack and clayton never had possession, only had 1 foot down, ball was still moving then, and came lose on contact w/ ground. I dont know how many times ive heard, football move and must retain possession upon contact with the ground. Why not here?

Well, you just proved you are an idiot. You don't know **** when it comes to football, obviously.

Dumbass

Why not tell the world that he has so little confidence in his offense and the crap thay presented at Raymond James Stadium today that he felt like he had a better chance to win the game by sending in his kicker who couldn't hit a 52 yd FG much less a 62 yarder against the wind.

Why not? Because he's supposed to go for the win, not send a message to the world. This isn't character-building for the JV team, it's professional football.

Attempting a 62 yard field that is known to be outside the range of your kicker is not the way to win games. When you have players that the Bengals do, the play is "is everyone got deep and I will hit you". Especially when you have a QB and receiving corp the Bengals do. This was a bad decision by Marvin.

The bad call on Justin could've turned the game in our favor, but that doesn't mean the game was fixed. You guys are sounding like a bunch of whiny-ass Steeler fans.

If Carson, the o-line, the secondary, et al. were playing to the best of their abilities, we wouldn't have been in a position to rely on a single play to win or lose the game.

Doesn't matter. Sometimes games come down to single plays. I refuse to excuse incompetence from the officials because the Bengals were not ahead by more. I expect the officals to do their ***damn jobs to the best of their ability. Period.

The bad call on Justin could've turned the game in our favor, but that doesn't mean the game was fixed. You guys are sounding like a bunch of whiny-ass Steeler fans.

If Carson, the o-line, the secondary, et al. were playing to the best of their abilities, we wouldn't have been in a position to rely on a single play to win or lose the game.

Yeah but they weren't.If the Bengals played to the best of their abilities,they would go undefeated.

Just because the team didn't play good as a whole doesn't mean bs calls that gave the Bucs two scores get a pass.

I dont know how many times ive heard, football move and must retain possession upon contact with the ground. Why not here?

Because he had already crossed the plane of the end zone. After you break the plane, the TD is scored and everything else is moot.

That's actually not true. You have to possess to the ground if you are making a catch, even in the end zone. Bad call part II.

Attempting a 62 yard field that is known to be outside the range of your kicker is not the way to win games. When you have players that the Bengals do, the play is "is everyone got deep and I will hit you". Especially when you have a QB and receiving corp the Bengals do. This was a bad decision by Marvin.

I agree, he should've gone for the TD. But I also think it's ridiculous to suggest he would've gone for the 62 yard field goal to teach his offensive players a lesson.

Yeah but they weren't.If the Bengals played to the best of their abilities,they would go undefeated.

Just because the team didn't play good as a whole doesn't mean bs calls that gave the Bucs two scores get a pass.

One could make an arguement that the refs were trying to help Tampa get their first win. However, I do not think they were, the perception is thier.

Doesn't matter. Sometimes games come down to single plays. I refuse to excuse incompetence from the officials because the Bengals were not ahead by more. I expect the officals to do their ***damn jobs to the best of their ability. Period.

I don't excuse bad calls by incompetent officials. But bad calls are still going to happen. You put the outcome of the game in the hands of incompetent officials, then you take your chances.

Still doesn't mean the game was fixed.

I can understand a bad call here and there, but a call that was THAT obviously wrong in that big of a situation that turned the game the entire opposite direction is INEXCUSABLE. Period. It cost the Bengals the game.

Tell that to the Bengals offense, their QB and their OC because they look about as good as a JV team today. The Bengals would've had a better chance to win with Doug Johnson. Carson lived up to his dumb as a box of rocks rap today. There's just no way the Bengals should've lost to this team and it's sorry excuse for an offense. :angry:

I dont know how many times ive heard, football move and must retain possession upon contact with the ground. Why not here?

Because he had already crossed the plane of the end zone. After you break the plane, the TD is scored and everything else is moot.

That's actually not true. You have to possess to the ground if you are making a catch, even in the end zone. Bad call part II.

Not exactly. You're probably thinking of a receiver making an airborne catch in the end zone. If the receiver cathces the ball in the air, he must touch down both feet in bounds in order to get the TD. Even if the football has broken the plane of the endzone and the receiver has control, his feet must also go down. In this particular play, the receivers feet were already down in the field of play, so all he had to do was break the plane of the endzone. At that point, it is a touchdown.