Stoolers/Jags Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On that last pick, again, Ben not setting before he throws. Obviously pressure that time but he was not interested in getting hit.

Enjoy the view from the top, folks. Us and Baltimore are 2-0, but we are 1-0 in the division, so technically the AFCN champs are still in the lead! :bengal:

Humbling. Oh lordy, Ben looked rusty as all poop. It was not a good outing for us, but it's ok. His first game since the Super Bowl really, and it's a long season.

With that being said, the Jaguars aren't really THAT good. Honestly, if you have a decent passing game (Cincy) you can make them be honest and run on them late in the game. We never established the pass early on, and the Jags stacked the line. Then, when we were forced into passing, they played nickel/dime coverage. Oh well.

Ben had better get his act together when Cincy comes to town next week, because we'll need at least 28 points.

Big Ben didn't look just rusty, He looked like absolute crap. He forced to many throws that he shouldn't have made. That last interception looked freakin horrible. I think Ben is finnaly starting to look like his true self and that the Steelers are really going to be missing Bettis this year.

As for the commentators, I thought they sucked too. 3 guys in the booth is too many. All of them seem to fight for equal air time, which is really annoying. Theisman is a freaking dumb dumb... I could do without him, that turrico and the other guy (klussiemer or whatever) are pretty good though. Turrico is good at calling the play by play, but theisman says the stupidest s**t.

I loved the way Hines Ward was acting like a baby though. He would go off the field every series and start to look at the coverages on photo to see if he was open or not. He was getting pissed off b/c Ben couldn't get the ball to him, what a diva! Just last week he was saying "This is still Ben's team", if this keeps up Hines won't know what to think....

And then you got Cowher... He was shocked. Everytime the Jags picked up a 1st down, he looked stunned like he didn't know what was going on, lol. If we go into Pittsburgh and beat their ass I smell turmoil in that locker room!

I'm sure Ben was a little rusty, but to repeat what I said last night, I thought his mechanics were poor. He was constantly throwing off his back foot, throwing with his arm, not planting and extending. And I have to think that was at least in part due to abdominal pain. By the end of the game it was clear he was not a happy camper; he got planted by a Jag who sacked him straight on, and they showed him getting up, bowed over, holding his gut and grimiacing.

We'll see how he's doing Sunday, I supose.

Big Ben didn't look just rusty, He looked like absolute crap. He forced to many throws that he shouldn't have made. That last interception looked freakin horrible. I think Ben is finnaly starting to look like his true self and that the Steelers are really going to be missing Bettis this year.

As for the commentators, I thought they sucked too. 3 guys in the booth is too many. All of them seem to fight for equal air time, which is really annoying. Theisman is a freaking dumb dumb... I could do without him, that turrico and the other guy (klussiemer or whatever) are pretty good though. Turrico is good at calling the play by play, but theisman says the stupidest s**t.

I loved the way Hines Ward was acting like a baby though. He would go off the field every series and start to look at the coverages on photo to see if he was open or not. He was getting pissed off b/c Ben couldn't get the ball to him, what a diva! Just last week he was saying "This is still Ben's team", if this keeps up Hines won't know what to think....

And then you got Cowher... He was shocked. Everytime the Jags picked up a 1st down, he looked stunned like he didn't know what was going on, lol. If we go into Pittsburgh and beat their ass I smell turmoil in that locker room!

Oh yeah, you're completely right. . one bad game is going to completely demoralize a team that went 7-5 and had to win 3 consecutive road games to get to the Super Bowl. . obviously, they can not handle adversity. Idiot.