OT Batch to start tonight

stilldiesel

Don't lie and act like you aren't rooting for the Jags tonight as you should. NFL Network just reported Batch will start tonight. I think Cowher doesn't want to risk losing Ben to an injury on a short week before next week's showdown.

Who's lying? My 2nd favorite team in the NFL is whoever is playing the Steelers.

As for Ben not starting... I am a bit disappointed about that. I wanted to see what he's got.

Why lie? Of course we are rooting for the Jags tonight. Uh ... that deserves a big ol' DUH. That said, it might actually work in our favor to have him see his first game-speed of the year against us. Even so, I for one am no longer looking forward to next week. You can cry and whine all you want about 'excuses', but I really wanted to see what we could do with our team against yours, man-to-man. But with the starting LB, starting S, and starting C out, well, that's a lot ... I don't care how 'deep' you are. I didn't even mention the guys that missed this week due to injury. It's crap for folks to tell me that every team has injuries, etc. What happened to the Steelers a few years back when the offensive line had all those injuries? Huh?

Then again, should we beat them with so many second stringers starting ... well ... that will say something even a bit more special.

Btach managed the game well except for the goaline fumble vs. Fins. They can win with him, especially if the Jags D is shorthanded. Big Bozo is better and will continue to get better in all likelihood.

The player the Steelers can't win without is Troy Polamalu.

I'd put Willie Parker and Faneca right up there with him.

Btach managed the game well except for the goaline fumble vs. Fins. They can win with him, especially if the Jags D is shorthanded. Big Bozo is better and will continue to get better in all likelihood.

The player the Steelers can't win without is Troy Polamalu.

I'd put Willie Parker and Faneca right up there with him.

Totally agree about losing Parker. With no run game Big Jen runs the offense into the ground.

Had Big Ben been healthy and in tune with his receivers I believe we win that game. The Jags have an O problem; they held the ball 39 minutes and only scored 9 points. That game was a MIRROR image of the Steelers 1st tilt with the Colts last year. It was Ben's 1st game back after knee surgery and the Colts sold out to stop the run and Ben's timing was off and he could do nothing. In the playoffs the Colts tried the same tactic against a healthy Ben and we all saw how that turned out.

Had Big Ben been healthy and in tune with his receivers I believe we win that game. The Jags have an O problem; they held the ball 39 minutes and only scored 9 points. That game was a MIRROR image of the Steelers 1st tilt with the Colts last year. It was Ben's 1st game back after knee surgery and the Colts sold out to stop the run and Ben's timing was off and he could do nothing. In the playoffs the Colts tried the same tactic against a healthy Ben and we all saw how that turned out.

I'd say the Colts win in the regular season was based more on the Colt's offense and its ability to expose the Steelers secondary. In the playoff game, LeBeau and his boys put together a rediculous pass rush and pretty much made Manning a non-factor. I don't think Ben's health was a major factor in either game, though I would say it was against the Jaguars.

What's that? You believe a healthy and in sync Roethlisberger would have made a difference? Seriously?

Because, when people in these parts note that a healthy Palmer would have made a difference against Pittsburgh last January, your brethern trip all over themselves screaming about how it would NOT have made a difference.

Stilldiesel, I nominate your post for the archives. It is now my favorite post ever from a Steelers person in these parts.