27 points in 8 quarters

BengalszoneBilly

We held Droughns to 32 yards on 14 carries with a long of only 10 yards. It comes out to 2.29 a carry. We held the entire team to 2.85 yards a carry.

I doubt anyone would argue Sam Adams wasn't a great addition towards helping the Bengals run defense. They must now be ranked in the top 10 teams in the league in that regard!

There's only two games in the book so far, so statistics can be a little misleading at this point, but here are some interesting defensive stats regardless.

Rushing Defense:

170 yards / 45 carries / 2 TD

3.78 yards per carry

Passing Defense:

420 yards / 43 completions / 68 attempts / 1 TD / 3 INT

67 opponents' passer rating

Points Allowed:

13.5 per game

Big improvement on the defensive side, esp the run defense. This unit truly has me excited about how good they can be.

The offense put up 34 points today, but the defense pulled it out again today IMO. All of the offensive weapons had big days statistically, but couldn't put the big points on the board until the 4th quarter. The defense had key stops all day long, with just one lapse on the big play to Edwards.

One side note for any nonbelievers:

Right now there is about 3 minutes left in the 1st half of the Denver-KC game.

L. Johnson has 54 yards, versus 68 against us in the entire game.

Huard is 8 of 8 and hasn't been sacked.

We'll see how it looks in a couple hours...

And denver had a preatty stout defense last year,hopfully people take note in to that and start giving the bengals defense props...It held KC to 3 points till garbage time it held the browns to 7 pts (the other TD and FG shoulden't be a knock on them sense it was more Offenses fault =P.

And really if DJ was in they would have never got that 75 yard bomb,so say it with me whodey DEFENSE whodey DEFENSE WHO GONNA BEAT THEM BENGALS NOBODY ^_^

Absolutely no trash talking intended by this post:

It's funny how different perspective can be on things. Over in Ravens land we're upset that we've given up 6 points in 8 quarters. Conversely, we're giddy we've scored those things where you get in the endzone, I believe they are called touchbacks. Um, rundowns? Whatever, you know what I mean. The thing where you get more points than a field goal.

It's funny how different perspective can be on things. Over in Ravens land we're upset that we've given up 6 points in 8 quarters. Conversely, we're giddy we've scored those things where you get in the endzone, I believe they are called touchbacks. Um, rundowns? Whatever, you know what I mean. The thing where you get more points than a field goal.

Same as we were tday being dissapointed with 400+ yards or offense and only putting up 34 points when it looked like we should have put up close to that in the first half!! Can't argue with the defense though, as the ravens seem to be healthy and back to tops. Bengals defense is playing extremely fast!

This will be a great divisional matchup :sure:

Holy crap! Zona's back! Well, I suppose I cant blame ya considering how things went south there for a while. But at least you made the trek back north with McNair in tow. Seems to be working out for ya.

As for the Balti D...lookin' good but the competition is supect, just like Cincy. But we'll get a chance to compare notes in week 7.

I'd say Adams was the definite MVP on defense today. The Browns couldn't run the ball at all. They couldn't go outside, and they had no room whatsoever on the inside... Another solid showing from Thornton.

I expected an improved defense this year, and so far they've been better than I could have hoped.

I love this defense and can't wait to see them the next couple of weeks, although DJack will be a HUGE loss for the secondary... As for stats, I'm not wanting to think that far ahead, because if that's the case we are making, then the Saints must be going to the Super Bowl because they are 2-0... That aside, I'm still loving this defense !!!

WHODEY !!!

You can't expect me to be around during the offseason. It's all speculation at that point. Now there is actually something to discuss.

I am really looking forward to Ravens/ Steelers and Ravens/ Bengals. I just feel really bad for the poor Browns.