Henry to plead guilty???

Who Dey Time

http://www.tampabays10.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=39339

Looks like Henry will cop to the weapons thing. I hope this means only probation and a fine from the league.

WHO-DEY! :cheers:

Update on Henry:

From the Orlando Sentinel:

Bengals receiver pleads guilty to weapon charge

Sarah Lundy and Henry Pierson Curtis

Sentinel Staff Writers

September 12, 2006, 9:40 AM EDT

An NFL player who was arrested last January for carrying a concealed weapon pleaded guilty this morning inside an Orange County Courtroom.

Circuit Court judge John Kest sentenced Chris Henry, 23, a wide receiver with the Cincinnati Bengals, to 24 months' probation, 100 hours of community service, $390 in court costs and $116.21 in investigative costs.

Henry also must forfeit the 9mm Luger, which sparked the arrest, and enroll in a firearms safety class. If he completes all these, a conviction will not appear on his criminal record.

Henry came close to getting shot in January after pointing a gun at revelers in downtown Orlando, police reports show.

Stepping out of a limousine on West Central Boulevard, Henry pulled a pistol from his waistband and aimed it at group of people on the sidewalk within view of a police officer, an arrest report shows.

Sgt. Dean DeSchryver drew his weapon, aimed it at Henry and yelled, "Police. Drop the gun," the report states.

"Henry looked at me, froze, then moved towards the back of the limo and threw the gun into the limo," the sergeant wrote. "I pulled Henry away from the limo and pushed him to the ground."

Police said Henry and others in the limo appeared to be preparing to fight with the group on the sidewalk.

The Luger found on the back seat of the vehicle was loaded with eight hollow-point bullets and one cartridge of snake-shot, the report states. The serial number on the pistol showed it had been reported stolen last month by a gun owner in Pasco County.

Well, that's that. Another guilty plea. I think that automatically triggers some suspension time, but that may only be for two guilty pleas in drug-related cases, I'm not sure. Something will come down from the league, tho, I'm sure. A fine at least.

EDIT: from the si.com piece...

He was arrested in June and charged with speeding and drunken driving in suburban Cincinnati, and that month pleaded not guilty in Covington, Ky., to charges that he provided alcohol to three underage females.

The misdemeanor DUI charges in Clermont County, Ohio, are still pending, with the next hearing set for Oct. 19.

Defense attorney David Fussell said the other pending case against Henry had been resolved. Kenton County, Ky., prosecutors did not immediately return a telephone message seeking comment.

It wasn't clear how or if Henry may be disciplined by the league. NFL spokesman Steve Alic said he couldn't comment specifically on the case.

Under NFL rules, anyone convicted of or admitting to a criminal violation, including a plea to a lesser offense, is subject to discipline determined by the league commissioner.

Anyone convicted of or admitting to a second criminal violation will be "suspended without pay or banished for a period of time to be determined by the Commissioner," NFL rules say.

Well, that's that. Another guilty plea. I think that automatically triggers some suspension time, but that may only be for two guilty pleas in drug-related cases, I'm not sure. Something will come down from the league, tho, I'm sure. A fine at least.

Yeah... I don't think the NFL really tries to do the police's job for them. They rule that drugs directly effect the health to other players during the game. I don't know if the NFL really makes a habit of giving suspensions for gun charges, and other things. Generally, it would be wise to allow judges to determine his fate, and not add to that, unless there is very specific language in the CBA regarding these kinds of things.

Yeah. If I had to make a guess, I'd say the chances of a fine are roughly 100%, and the odds he'll get a 1-game suspension are 50/50. Anything tougher than that would surprise me.

I could also see the NFL withholding any sanctions right now pending the outcome of the DUI and underage alcohol cases, too.

Yeah. If I had to make a guess, I'd say the chances of a fine are roughly 100%, and the odds he'll get a 1-game suspension are 50/50. Anything tougher than that would surprise me.

I could also see the NFL withholding any sanctions right now pending the outcome of the DUI and underage alcohol cases, too.

Given the one-game fines for the whole "Love Boat" thing, I'd say Cheech gets similar treatment.

He was arrested in June and charged with speeding and drunken driving in suburban Cincinnati, and that month pleaded not guilty in Covington, Ky., to charges that he provided alcohol to three underage females.

The misdemeanor DUI charges in Clermont County, Ohio, are still pending, with the next hearing set for Oct. 19.

Defense attorney David Fussell said the other pending case against Henry had been resolved. Kenton County, Ky., prosecutors did not immediately return a telephone message seeking comment.

It wasn't clear how or if Henry may be disciplined by the league. NFL spokesman Steve Alic said he couldn't comment specifically on the case.

Under NFL rules, anyone convicted of or admitting to a criminal violation, including a plea to a lesser offense, is subject to discipline determined by the league commissioner.

Anyone convicted of or admitting to a second criminal violation will be "suspended without pay or banished for a period of time to be determined by the Commissioner," NFL rules say.

"If he completes all these, a conviction will not appear on his criminal record."

combined with

"Under NFL rules, anyone convicted of or admitting to a criminal violation, including a plea to a lesser offense, is subject to discipline determined by the league commissioner."

leaves me wondering if he will get anything from the league.

"If he completes all these, a conviction will not appear on his criminal record."

combined with

"Under NFL rules, anyone convicted of or admitting to a criminal violation, including a plea to a lesser offense, is subject to discipline determined by the league commissioner."

leaves me wondering if he will get anything from the league.

He still admitted to a lesser crime. The league is under new management remember. Interesting to see how Goodell brings the hammer down.

I'm glad that he walked away from this with so little. Hopefully he learns from his mistake and will not foul up again. I can see a fine from the nfl if anything at all. This is a slap on the wrist and hopefully the DUI blows over too. The underage contribution thing though is a joke and holds no weight.

I'm happy for Henry and hope that he becomes a great WR for the Bengals. He's already shown what kind of talent he holds. The team and loyal fans are behind you Chris, 100%.

I'm glad that he walked away from this with so little. Hopefully he learns from his mistake and will not foul up again. I can see a fine from the nfl if anything at all. This is a slap on the wrist and hopefully the DUI blows over too. The underage contribution thing though is a joke and holds no weight.

I'm happy for Henry and hope that he becomes a great WR for the Bengals. He's already shown what kind of talent he holds. The team and loyal fans are behind you Chris, 100%.

These seem to be a slap on the wrist for his most serious of charges....We'll see how the league responds...

BTW, the woman that accused him of rape in KY was just arrested for murder....so Hmmmm......

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5483

Henry resolves gun charge

By GEOFF HOBSON

September 12, 2006

Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry pleaded guilty Tuesday to possession of a firearm in Orlando, Fla., and after serving a day in the Orange County Jail it looks he’s not facing a NFL suspension. But if he violates any of the terms of the probation, he’ll go to jail.

Since the NFL treats alcohol and drug matters differently than personal conduct, the weapons plea isn’t treated in the same category as the guilty plea he had earlier this year for marijuana possession. If he admits guilt in a pending DUI case, it’s believed he’s looking at a fine of four game checks and not a suspension.

Looks like Cheech may avoid missing any game time all together...

:o

:rolleyes:

:P

To clarify, the woman with the rape charge has already been charged with falsifying a rape claim by the KY police. That happened awhile back. The only lingering issue with that deal for Henry is the "providing alcohol to underaged persons" charge, which still feels rather bulls**t to me. I believe the persons in question were 17 and 18.

To clarify, the woman with the rape charge has already been charged with falsifying a rape claim by the KY police. That happened awhile back. The only lingering issue with that deal for Henry is the "providing alcohol to underaged persons" charge, which still feels rather bulls**t to me. I believe the persons in question were 17 and 18.

Good summary mem.

All true....

:sure:

http://www.tampabays10.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=39339

Police said Henry and others in the limo appeared to be preparing to fight with the group on the sidewalk.

The Luger found on the back seat of the vehicle was loaded with eight hollow-point bullets and one cartridge of snake-shot, the report states. The serial number on the pistol showed it had been reported stolen last month by a gun owner in Pasco County.

I'm afraid to see what could have happened if that police officer wouldn't have been there. He could have been in a lot more trouble and jeopardize his career even more.

I don't know...I hope he doesn't try this again! It may be another Ray Lewis case...

This was on the bengals website. Doesn't look to be facing suspension

Henry resolves gun charge

By GEOFF HOBSON

September 12, 2006

Updated: 4 p.m.

Henry

Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry pleaded guilty Tuesday to possession of a concealed firearm in Orlando, Fla., and after serving a day in the Orange County Jail it looks like he may not face an NFL suspension in the gray area of league policy. But if he violates any of the terms of the probation, he’ll go to jail.

Since the NFL treats alcohol and drug matters differently than personal conduct, the weapons plea isn’t treated in the same category as the guilty plea he had earlier this year for marijuana possession.

According to papers from the Ninth Judicial Circuit in Orange County, Henry has been sentenced to a two-year probation period in which he can’t consume alcohol while completing 10 hours per month of community service adding up to 100 hours. He may travel to games, but must first get approval.

When asked if the club had a response to Tuesday’s events in Orlando, Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan said, “The Bengals respect the decision of the court. Chris has admitted his mistake and has pledged his resolve to learn from it.”

Henry, 23, arrested four times since Dec. 15, was booked on three felonies after waving a Lugar at a group of people in a late-night incident in Orlando. He was later charged with one possession of a firearm.

There is gray area because of the NFL's two different policies governing drug and alcohol and player conduct. The player conduct policy says if a player admits guilt to two criminal violations, he'll be suspended without pay. If he admits guilt in a pending DUI case, set to be heard Oct. 19, in Clermont County, he’s likely looking at what has traditionally been a fine

According to an Associated Press story, Henry said outside the court, "I'd like to say I know I made a mistake, but I'm just trying to, you know what I'm saying, turn all of this into a positive. I just want to get back to playing football. It's what I do."

Henry started last Sunday in place of injured T.J. Houshmandzadeh and had one catch for minus-five yards.

I was reading my fantasy updates and saw that the girl is being charged for murder after soliciting sex and something went wrong so she killed the guy. I tried to see if the article was still up but it wasn't. Has anybody else heard about this?

I just heard on the radio that part of Henry's probation is giving up his gun, and taking a firearm safety course.

Does this sound funny to you? Shouldn't it be one or the other? The judicial system is funny.

Firearm was reported stolen (unrelated as far as I can tell) so authorities probaby want it for further investigation or destruction. this is pretty standard.

Gun safety course is also pretty standard in gun charges, similar to driving school for moving violations to keep points of your record.