Big Ben out for season opener

walshfan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BlackandGoldInsider.com will update you later this evening, but right now close sources tell us that Ben Roethlisberger is highly unlikely to play this Thursday against Miami in the season opener.

We are hearing that he is in surgery as we speak (nothing to related to Motorcycle Accident).

Bill Cowher will address the media this evening following practice. Check back often as BlackandGoldInsider.com will update you as we get more info...

If true he's likely out for more than just the opener...

Normal activities can be resumed within a few days, but it takes 4 to 6 weeks for full recovery. Heavy lifting and strenuous activity should be avoided during recovery.

http://www.surgerychannel.com/appendectomy/postop.shtml

Pitt's bye is the last week of September, my bet is he returns Oct. 8 vs. SD at the earliest. Which would mean we, along with Jax and Miami, get Charlie Batch.

I believe Ward is out for the opener as well. Things are not starting out well for the Steelers.

Am tempted to add a line about karma being a real beyotch this year to the Steelers, but that would be a non-fully-formed-brain kinda thing, eh? :lol:

surgery on appendix possible....

here come the excuses....

I hope he's out for week three,and we stomp them.

Then I get to tell all the Steeler fans I know that having Ben in the game "wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome".

Just like they did after Palmer's injury.

This is comical. Are we sure that he didn't hurt his thumb again too?

I'm sorry Joisey/Hoosier, but it is another bit of Karma coming back to bite these fu*kers.

Let the queernation excuses start flowing this Thursday.

Then I get to tell all the Steeler fans I know that having Ben in the game "wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome".

Come on now. I understand your sentiment, but how about not stooping to their level, eh?

Come on now. I understand your sentiment, but how about not stooping to their level, eh?

Awwwww party pooper! What fun is it if you can't sh*t back on those buttmonkey's?

Sorry,but that's how I feel.

You had to be with me at work when a stealer fan informed me,"that's how you hit in the playoffs."

Or with me at the playoffs when a stealer fan walked into the men's room during the second quarter,laughing and saying,"I hope Carson's new contract didn't have a lot of guaranteed money in it!"

I wish Ben no ill.I hope he recovers fully.But after January 8th,I have zero sympathy when it comes to stealer fans themselves.

Well, I for one think it sucks for any team to lose an important piece of the puzzle. I hope he gets better soon, because saying "no excuses" is easy now. It wouldn't be so easy if he wasn't there against us and Batch threw 3 INT's on his way to losing the game. Not saying YOU would be the one, but it would surely come from someone else !!!

WHODEY !!!