Jones & Pollack return.

ChadJohnson-85

Marvin Lewis fully padded his Bengals for the first of two practices Tuesday and his team looked to be healthier than at any point since breaking training camp 10 days ago. Returning Tuesday morning were linebacker David Pollack (hamstring), left tackle Levi Jones (ankle), and wide receiver Chris Henry (hamstring, knee).

Also on the field was defensive end Justin Smith, who didn’t work Monday for unexplained reasons. Plus, wide receiver Antonio Chatman (groin) ran routes with the wide receivers early in practice after not doing it Monday.

Quarterback Carson Palmer, who worked Tuesday morning, has been taking off the second workouts in two-a-days.

Among those not practicing were defensive tackle Sam Adams, running back Kenny Watson and offensive lineman Scott Kooistra.

It was the first action for Pollack since he injured his hamstring 17 days ago in the intrasquad scrimmage. Jones lined up for the first time since spraining an ankle nine days ago in the preseason opener. That’s when Henry also pulled up a little lame with a hamstring tweak.

YES!!!!! I cant wait to see Pollack next week on Monday Night!!!!

Who Dey!!! :cheers:

Water boy, big bens the devil!!

What does this mean? :blink:

I've read this site for a long time and only recently started posting, so I know that some things from Spain are a bit...quirky, shall we say? And I know Spain calls Pollack water boy, but what does Pollack have to do with big ben? :wacko: Entertaining...even if it does need translation. :lol:

Anyway, as to the topic at hand...it's a great sign to see these guys back, as well as Henry, Chatman and any others who started practicing again. When is Big Sam gonna practice though? I'm starting to wonder.

Allow me to try and translate:

"Water boy" ---Pollack, as you guessed

"big bens" ---Roethlisberger

"the devil" ---the enemy

I think what Spain is getting at here, remembering his posts following Palmer's injury, is that he still wishes extreme ill on the Pittsburgh qb, as a kind of revenge for what happened to Palmer, and appears to be wishing that Pollack would be on the one to visit the revenge taking wrath upon him.

I think.

"the devil" ---the enemy

I think what Spain is getting at here, remembering his posts following Palmer's injury, is that he still wishes extreme ill on the Pittsburgh qb, as a kind of revenge for what happened to Palmer, and appears to be wishing that Pollack would be on the one to visit the revenge taking wrath upon him.

I think.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

We'll have a "Spain" to American English translation book before the end of the season.

"the devil" ---the enemy

I think.

Another factor to consider is that Pollack is a devout Christian and Spain is against anything resembling "American Puritanism". So in a sense, he's also condescending to Pollack in a way that only Spain can do.

It might help to know that Pollack's favorite movie has been said to be...

I think the appropriation of the Water Boy movie was just because Spain assumes that all white people from the South are redneck Cajuns. So again, the formula must include....

Drug-addled perception + Close-minded assumption + Arrogant condescension = Spainism