Chris Henry trial today?

membengal

Henry's appointment with Florida justice is scheduled for today, no?

This is clearly the most problematic of his off-season shenanigans, he finds a way to plea this out as artfully as Sean Taylor did, and the chances of him playing for Cincinnati sometime this season go up substantially...

YES, VERY FUNNY THAT THEY WOULD HAVE THEIR COURT DATES IN THE SAME WEEK. OR EVEN THE SAME MONTH. :wacko: I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. :wacko:

I WONDER IF THEY REALIZE THIS? :wacko:

WOW.............I WONDER IF THIS EVEN MATTERS ON BENGALSZONE?

A VERY TANTALIZING STATEMENT MR. STILLDIESEL.

DO YOU REALIZE THAT CHRIS HENRY COULD HAVE QUITE POSSIBLY HAD 2 COURT DATES IN THE SAME WEEK IF HIS CRIMINAL ACTIONS HADN'T OCCURED IN 2 DIFFERENT STATES? STUPENDOUS, I SAY!

WHATEVER, DUDE!

Chris Henry "sat out practice" according to Hobson's latest. Does that mean he was physically there, and didn't practice? Or that he was in Florida, and didn't practice? Dunno.

Trial could have been continued, could have settled, any of a number of things. But the silence around this makes me think something was moved or that there will be no resolution today. Which is too bad. One thing the team and Henry needs is to figure out what the worst case scenario is in terms of his availabilty and deal with it. Delaying is no one's friend right now.

Edited to add:

A search of "Chris Henry trial Florida gun charge" yielded a Post note that:

"A new trial date is to be scheduled during a two-week period beginning Aug. 21,"

so, it appears that the trial, if it occurs, is sometime during this two week stretch. That sure ain't how they set criminal trials in TN, they do things very differently in Florida. Interesting.

Here is the Post article on the trial re-set:

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ate=printpicart

from May 31, 2006.

Yeah, joisey/hoosier, Hobson says Henry sat out, although he doesn't specifically say Henry was physically there, although it was certainly implied. Then again, I have learned not to assume too much when it comes to the Bengals' wordplay with where guys are...

Yup, sure does. And, I hope it is soon. That situation needs to get resolved, one way or another, as quickly as possible. They all need to know just how available or unavailable he is going to be...

Bengals.com

Update: Anderson works; Bauman on IR

By GEOFF HOBSON

August 21, 2006

Updated: 5:10 p.m.

Anderson

Pro Bowl right tackle Willie Anderson (hamstring) returned to practice Monday afternoon as his partner on the left, Levi Jones (ankle), worked on the side. Both have a chance to play next Monday night against the Packers, but cornerback Rashad Bauman went on season-ending injured reserve with surgery for a ruptured patella tendon in his kneecap.

Linebackers Brian Simmons and David Pollack (hamstring) didn’t practice, but Simmons worked on the side and Pollack worked in some defensive drills without a helmet. Also back for the defense after a day off were cornerback Deltha O’Neal and safety Dexter Jackson.

Quarterback Carson Palmer continued to take first-team reps, but now concern may have to shift to wide receiver. About two weeks ago it was the deepest corps in the league, but injuries keep eating away at it.

Wide receiver Antonio Chatman (groin) did some work Monday, but he didn’t run any routes with the receivers early in practice. Chris Henry, who didn’t play Friday night after hurting his hamstring against Washington in the opener, sat out his second straight practice. He’s also coming back from a significant knee injury that hasn’t received half the attention of Palmer’s even though they did it on the same play in the Wild Card game. Henry didn’t have surgery, but a posterior cruciate ligament tear is considered to have a difficult rehab.

Chris Henry’s trial date for a felony gun charge in Orlando, Fla., has yet to be set, but the trial will be within the next two weeks unless it is continued, according to Danielle Tavernier of the State Attorney’s Office. Monday began the two-week window for the judge to set the date.

Head coach Marvin Lewis has said he doesn't believe Henry is going to miss practice time.

Meanwhile, the once forgotten Kelley Washington took several snaps with the first team.

i wouldn't be suprised if they got a continuance until after the season

I wouldn't be surprised if he only gets probation and a few hours of community service. It's not like he took a gun into the club and said, "yo, me so gonna fuke yo down". I think he was admiring a Lugar like Mularky in Band of Brothers.

(is that a homer response, or what?!)