Starting Fresh - Five MORE Things You Want To See

HairOnFire

With the Redskin game in our collective rear-view mirrors, and with hundreds of missing posts now lost in cyberspace, let's turn our attention to the Buffalo game.

Five things I want to see:

1- More squirrel. - If you want him to stay it's important to see production. If you want him traded it's important that K-Dub be showcased. And if you simply want him cut..well, you're just a hater.

2 - Less Rat. - Keiwan was burned early against the Skins before settling down. It would be comforting if he had a better showing against starting quality competition. Better still, it would be great to see someone else get a shot at handling punts.

3 - Radio in tune. - Anthony Wright took too long to get untracked against the Skins. Some early success would ease the pressure on Palmer to return immediately.

4 - Left for dead. - I was impressed with Andrew Whitworth's play at LG, but he had real problems when slipped out to LT. With Levi dinged he'll have to pick up his play by taking better angles and reacting quicker.

5 - More of the New Kids on 'da Cell Block D - Joseph, Rucker, Brooks, Peko, and Jeanty all managed to flash speed and potential against the Skins. As opposing schemes get more complicated with each preseason game, I'd love to see the kids keep up and continue thriving.

1. D-line to continue to excite---saw enough from Peko, Rucker, Geathers, Robinson et al to be intrigued, rather than sickened, at this stage, which is a definite improvement.

2. If Radio has to answer the bell Week 1, I would like to see him complete pass or two to Chad this week.

3. More cornerback blitzes from Jonathan Joseph. Holy crap he got there in a hurry. In fact, since I have the game TiVo'd, I run that play before going to bed at night and have pleasant dreams.

4. More urgency from the starting offensive line. A hole or two for Rudi would be a nice thought, and maybe give Wright some breathing room to start the game.

5. As much playing time for Ahmad Brooks as is possible, and a return to the line-up for Pollack. Big fast linebackers? Yes please, more please.

That's why he is urging Marvin to let him play three quarters against Green Bay. :huh:

My five:

1. Utter domination from the starting crew... The Bills might be the worst team in the AFC.

2. Agreed on K-dub... He has done nothing to show he deserves being cut or traded so far this offseason, so throw him in earlier on occassion to see how he produces against better defenders.

3. More of the same from Henry, Peko, Frostee, Larson, and Shaun Smith

4. No picks from Wright, and consistency.

5. A win.

Want to see the 0-line run block better and quit getting blown-up and knocked on their butts

Paul Alexander to be replaced with a real coach

A TE other than Reggie freakin' Kelly catch a pass

Braham to play better than he did last week along with Wilkerson

Go 2 preseason games without an INT or turnover (so far, so good I believe)

Keep up the momentum and win the game - have another sharp game - when I watch the Bengals' and then watch the other preseason teams/games on NFL Network - it's obvious to me that the Bengals' have something going here - they are noticeably more polished and consistent and talented than all of the other teams I've seen.

Unfortunately Pittsburgh is still right behind them regarding the 1st stringers

1. Once again no CPalmer 2. O-line get a push forward instead of backward 3. AWright start better 4. SAdams on the field 5. D improve some more stop someone on 3rd downs...

Keep up the momentum and win the game - have another sharp game - when I watch the Bengals' and then watch the other preseason teams/games on NFL Network - it's obvious to me that the Bengals' have something going here - they are noticeably more polished and consistent and talented than all of the other teams I've seen.

There were very few penalties called on either team during the Redskin game...allowing the game to flow without play being constantly interrupted. That's quite a change from every other preseason game I've watched to date.

1. D-line to continue to excite---saw enough from Peko, Rucker, Geathers, Robinson et al to be intrigued, rather than sickened, at this stage, which is a definite improvement.

2. If Radio has to answer the bell Week 1, I would like to see him complete pass or two to Chad this week.

3. More cornerback blitzes from Jonathan Joseph. Holy crap he got there in a hurry. In fact, since I have the game TiVo'd, I run that play before going to bed at night and have pleasant dreams.

4. More urgency from the starting offensive line. A hole or two for Rudi would be a nice thought, and maybe give Wright some breathing room to start the game.

5. As much playing time for Ahmad Brooks as is possible, and a return to the line-up for Pollack. Big fast linebackers? Yes please, more please.

That shoulden't be problem with simmons,pollack looking to be out friday and mybe jeanty I'm sure he'll get most of the MLB snaps with what they wanna share with odell and AJ

Carson Palmer quit being a coward and getting his butt on the field.

Perhaps you need to up your meds.

Nope, perhaps Carson needs to up his. He's afraid of being hit again. He NEEDS to get over this ASAP!

Actually he has said he's looking forward to the first hit, just to get it over with. What he has admited he's afraid of is planting the leg and throwing without thinking about the knee. If it's still in his head, then it won't matter how many times he gets hit, it's going to stay in his head.

He's still a human being. I had reconstructive knee surgery 6 years ago, and I still think about it when I have to stop really quick in a pick-up basketball game. It's just going to take him time to realize that this is normal, an he'll be fine. Eventually he'll get back into the swing of it, and he'll be thinking about coverages and disguised defensive schemes, and he won't have time to think about the knee... but right now it's still there. I'd hardly call him a coward. It's only been 7 months since the surgery.

Carson Palmer quit being a coward and getting his butt on the field.

Perhaps you need to up your meds.

Nope, perhaps Carson needs to up his. He's afraid of being hit again. He NEEDS to get over this ASAP!

Don't worry, he'll get in there soon enough. I think you need to take a step back and think about this. He's only voicing legitimate and rational concerns about getting back out on the field too early.

As it is, every timeline has him on track to make an unbelievably quick return from an injury that usually takes at least 9 months to rehab from for a pro athlete.

I think he's just using his brain and doing the math...and he's right, he does need to have his head straight before going out there. If he's constantly worrying about getting hit low, he'll play like crap and he may put himself at risk for another injury. I'm fine with him not playing right now...in fact I'd prefer them to bench him until after the bye just to ensure the knee is strong.

- Well with so many injuries to starters, how about we spare them a week, and have Anthony Wright play with the second teamers and 3rd teamers in the first half. Give Doug Johnson quarter # 3 with the same guys.

O'dell's practicing, so let him go all game.

Offensive starters.

Qb: Anthony Wright

Rb: DeDe Dorsey - gotta see more of the kid.

FB: Chris Manderino

TE: Ronnie Ghent ( Darnell Sanders can get cut now if you ask me )

LT: Andrew Whitworth

LG: Stacey Andrews

C : Ben Wilkerson ( like you guys didn't think I was gonna' start him..?)

RG: Eric Ghiuciuc - I still like him as a guard more than a center

RT: Scott Kooistra

WR: Chris Henry - Without the off the field issues he could start at 28 other teams.

WR: Kelley Washington - I really hope to see more Squirrel dances.

Defensive Starters.

SLB: Caleb Miller - Jeanty's probably hurt

WLB: Ahmad Brooks - His athleticism should let him flow to the ball.

MLB: O'Dell Thurman - He needs to get some sense knocked back into him.

DE: Eric Henderson - He's gonna need more than a speed rush to succeed at the NFL level.

DT: Shaun Smith - Gotta have a fat guy in the middle

DT: Domato Peko - Let the hair and the good times roll.

DE: Frostee Rucker/Robert Geathers - Coin flip.

CB: Johnathan Joseph - nuff said.

SS: Tony Bua - probably got a lead on Busing.

FS: Herana Daze Jones - he got a pick, he gets a start.

CB: Keiwan Ratliff - The force is strong in this one.

Yeah I'll be much more interested in roster scraps than whether Palmer plays or not vs. the Bills.

The 3 largely non-positional players -- Mitchell, Stewart and Wilkins -- look bubbly and we'll see who can get the deed done on teams as well as be a potentially bonafide positional backup:

TE: Lots more of Ghent as early as possible to see whether he can cut it blocking on the line. He looks like their best receiving TE.

S: With Madieu able to backup SS, the Bengals might not just go strong if they decide to part ways with Mitchell. So it's a cramped camp for th 4th spot with Indiana Jones, Bua, Kilmer and Busing. I liked what I saw of Busing in coverage and hope to see more earlier in the game.

LB: Navies looks gone and Wilkins won't ever play LB. Jeanty is the leading strong side LB/DE pass rusher backup to Pollack but with him possibly out, that leaves Charley Bucket, Landon and Brooks. Only Brooks is a legit edge rushing threat and is better suited for SSLB than the other 2 spots. I'd actually like to see Eric Henderson get thrown in at the spot plus try his hand (head actually) at headhunting on teams. It was interesting to watch him backpedal into coverage from RDE last week.

As for CB, I've seen enough of Keiwan and Bauman. Now I'd like to see Greg Brooks and Patrick Body.

5 things i want to see:

1. Rudi on the bench. He cant get hurt. THERE IS NO BACKUP!

2. Steiny not playing scared because he does not have a contract. Memo: you have to play hard regardless of your contract status.

3. Chad with his mouth shut and put the team first!

4. Peko or SSmith pushing to make Thornton expendable.

5. Joseph make some ST plays.

:bengal:

If Rudi hasn't gotten hurt from sitting too close to Chris Perry, it isn't going to happen. I understand the concern though.

S: With Madieu able to backup SS, the Bengals might not just go strong if they decide to part ways with Mitchell. So it's a cramped camp for th 4th spot with Indiana Jones, Bua, Kilmer and Busing. I liked what I saw of Busing in coverage and hope to see more earlier in the game.

Yeah... is anyone else still concerned about our safety depth? I know Madieu can play SS... but last year KK did when Madieu was still healthy, and KK is also the 1st back-up for Madieu at FS. So if either Dexter or Madieu go down even for a game, it means KK is starting again.

I'm not a KK hater. I like him a lot actually. He took a lot of flak last year that he didn't deserve, because he should have never been forced to be a starter for the entire season. He's a career back-up, and is decent enough to hold down that job... but I don't like the fact that he's the best we can do if one or both of our safeties go down again. It will be last year all over again.

Hopefully we'll pick someone up after cuts, because it is the only position on defense that I'm still really worried about our depth.

- Well with so many injuries to starters, how about we spare them a week, and have Anthony Wright play with the second teamers and 3rd teamers in the first half. Give Doug Johnson quarter # 3 with the same guys.

O'dell's practicing, so let him go all game.

Offensive starters.

Qb: Anthony Wright

Rb: DeDe Dorsey - gotta see more of the kid.

FB: Chris Manderino

TE: Ronnie Ghent ( Darnell Sanders can get cut now if you ask me )

LT: Andrew Whitworth

LG: Stacey Andrews

C : Ben Wilkerson ( like you guys didn't think I was gonna' start him..?)

RG: Eric Ghiuciuc - I still like him as a guard more than a center

RT: Scott Kooistra

WR: Chris Henry - Without the off the field issues he could start at 28 other teams.

WR: Kelley Washington - I really hope to see more Squirrel dances.

Defensive Starters.

SLB: Caleb Miller - Jeanty's probably hurt

WLB: Ahmad Brooks - His athleticism should let him flow to the ball.

MLB: O'Dell Thurman - He needs to get some sense knocked back into him.

DE: Eric Henderson - He's gonna need more than a speed rush to succeed at the NFL level.

DT: Shaun Smith - Gotta have a fat guy in the middle

DT: Domato Peko - Let the hair and the good times roll.

DE: Frostee Rucker/Robert Geathers - Coin flip.

CB: Johnathan Joseph - nuff said.

SS: Tony Bua - probably got a lead on Busing.

FS: Herana Daze Jones - he got a pick, he gets a start.

CB: Keiwan Ratliff - The force is strong in this one.

I like this idea... Radio would still have decent wideouts to throw to..

1.)Our samoan Warriors to have a great game (peko and fanene)

2.)Sam Adams to show the bills that marvin knows how to get him rdy.

3.)Ko Simpson making me regreat the rucker pick even more lol

4.)Whitworth step up his game and show why he diden't give up a sack for 35? games

5.)Someone to step up and earn the 4th safety spot sense we diden't take Ko

or for some young DE's to step up their game and show why bengals should stay 4-3

I don't like the idea of having a backup offensive line in against starting defenders... No need having Wright getting planted time and time again only to end up hurt.

it will be good test to see whos rdy to start next year if we do lose someone

5 things i want to see:

Actually you are wrong there. We have some serious depth at running back. If Rudi's hurt, our line makes Kenny Watson, Rerun Dorsey, Terrance Whitehead, or the other Rudi (Quincy Wilson) look like the next coming of a great RB.

Remember, there was NO BACKUP to Corey either when he was injured, and he became expendable because our running backs coach is the only long term stud coach we have ever had here.

quit ur bitching. f**k. u fans frustrate the hell out of me. bengals finally have an excellent squad that has a chance to win the superbowl if ALL players are healthy and u want to bash them for being injured. wouldnt it be wiser and positive to wish perry to be in our lineup along with palmer? if he is gone after the year fine, hes gone. then u can bitch. but while hes on the team, he is a bengal...at least give him that respect.

mb go be browns fans if u enjoy bashing ur own team.

Remember, there was NO BACKUP to Corey either when he was injured, and he became expendable because our running backs coach is the only long term stud coach we have ever had here.

Which I guess speaks all the more clearly to the disappointment that is Chris Perry.

What's to be disappointed with in his performance ON THE FIELD? When he's been in there, he has been effective enough.