New logo to be unveiled Monday at press conference

JonFnKitna

nice thread BILLY BIAS. the who dey chant and masscot are two things that go back in time to a losing era+. it's time for a complete over haul. we have the most assanine masscot and lame cheer any where. if you think people around the country have laughed at our below average play, imagine their thoughts about our masscot and that cheer. must of struck a nerve hey.

The Who Dey chant got started during the 1981 Super Bowl season...doesn't sound like a losing era to me...maybe you need to brush up on your Bengal history.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jjakq27, yes, so be it. now tell me what has happened since then. it ain't pretty. let's change everything. get on with a new i.d. they imploded cinergy, they imploded the vet in philly today. let's implode who dey and that chant and get on with the new.

along with a new logo, i think we need to take that "who dey"; what ever the hell it is; take it out and put it out of it's misery. that's gota be one of the worse mascotts i've ever seen. times a changin' and please change that sorry ass mascott and that also sorry ass phrase of "who dey who dey who dey say gona beat them bengals." no wonder people think kentucky is backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kentucky is spelled with a capital K. What's Kentucky have to do with anything? Posting when drunk can cause confusion.

jjakq27, yes, so be it. now tell me what has happened since then. it ain't pretty. let's change everything. get on with a new i.d. they imploded cinergy, they imploded the vet in philly today. let's implode who dey and that chant and get on with the new.

Who Dey =s great times and lots of wins!

OK, I found something else to validate this. From the Dayton Daily News...

"CINCINNATI | Carson Palmer hits the podium at an 11 a.m. news conference today at Paul Brown Stadium, marking the first day of the rest of his life as the Bengals starting quarterback.

He'll kick off the voluntary offseason workout program by modeling official team apparel, complete with new uniform and new logo for 2004, and details will be announced on how fans can order new merchandise."

That's all that's worth noting, here's the link if you wish to read on...

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/cont...2beninside.html

Yo, what channel? ESPN? THey usually have those little conferences and stuff....I hope I get it out here in Athens....

Athens, Ohio? OU? Oh, gawd, don't tell me someone else did something horrible in a past life and got stuck in football hell with both the bengals and bobcats, too...

Not much happened.Marvin unveiled a new logo,and mentioned that new uni's would be revealed April 22nd.He took a few questions,gave the podium to Palmer,who was asked the same things he always is asked,and he gave the poltically correct answers.

The best part was from my previous post(his response to the Dillon question).

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE; MONDAY, MARCH 22, 2004

FROM CINCINNATI BENGALS PUBLIC RELATIONS

BENGALS UNVEIL NEW LOGO AND ANNOUNCE

PLANS FOR NEW UNIFORM SHOWING

The Bengals today unveiled a new team logo, an initial “B” custom-designed for the team. The unique letterform features the team’s signature tiger stripes.

“People associate the stripes with our team, and we wanted to incorporate that in a new logo,” said Katie Blackburn, Bengals executive vice-president. “It adds to our inventory of logos with a clean, simple design that has a strong Bengals identity.”

Also today, the club announced plans for uniform changes in 2004. The new Bengals uniforms will be unveiled on April 22 at Paul Brown Stadium.

“Our players and fans have been interested in a revision to our uniforms, and I believe everyone is going to be very pleased and impressed,” said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. “We anticipate a lot of excitement for this event.”

The Bengals’ 2004 uniform changes do not include any alteration to the team’s signature striped helmet.

The new “B” logo will be on the new uniform, and the logo will be a featured element in team promotions and merchandise. However, the Bengals also will continue to use the team’s leaping tiger and tiger head logos.

The Bengals Pro Shop has several styles of apparel featuring the new “B” logo available for immediate sale, and merchandise will be available for online orders at www.bengals.com within the next few days.

Apparel featuring the new mark can be found in men’s, women’s and youth sizes. This will include the white polo shirt Marvin Lewis wore at today’s news conference.

Not much happened.Marvin unveiled a new logo,and mentioned that new uni's would be revealed April 22nd.He took a few questions,gave the podium to Palmer,who was asked the same things he always is asked,and he gave the poltically correct answers.

The best part was from my previous post(his response to the Dillon question).

Did they discuss Sapp at all or did Marvin, "move forward" like he usually does in these situations??