Dillon on TV tonight

dcameron

Caught the end of the part of the show with Dillon.

He say's his agent went out and got the draft picks that Marvin Lewis wanted in return for Dillon. Wouldn't name the team, but said he wants to play for either Dallas or Denver. Said the deal is on the table for the Bengals.

Also heard him talking about Willie Anderson. Didn't catch the whole conversation, but he didn't sound too happy with him.

Mentioned not reporting to camp if he doesn't get traded. Said he wouldn't play backup to Rudi. Said Rudi isn't no Corey Dillon.

Gonna catch the replay later.

Basically to sum up what he said/did:

- Wore a Raiders jersey

- Said that Marvin told his agent "get me x picks" his agent did... but the deal's still not done (for whatever reason) and wouldn't specify which team it was with

- Said that Willie "Foo Foo" (actually called him that) rode Marvin to the Pro Bowl and that he (CD)made it long before Marvin was even thought of as a head coach. And said Willie was "girlish" for the things he said to the media... without saying them to his face

- Said he would like to play for Dallas, Denver, or Oakland

- Said that he thinks he "looks good in silver and black"

- Said that in no way will he be a backup to Rudi and he will not be a workouts on Monday whether he's still a Bengal or not

- Said there is "no way" he'll play for the Bengals next year

Basically was a complete A hole about everything

Dillion typifies exactly the type of attitude that is totally screwing up our society (sports or not)!! Schmucks like him need to be ignored and treated like 3 year olds!! He is a "me" person that sickens any real man!!

All I know is that if I had the kind of gifts Corey Dillon did, and the kind of money Corey Dillon does, I would like to think that I would be something better than the miserable excuse for a human being he continues to prove he is.

I have defended him in the past. No more. I am done.

For those that missd the show...

Dillon takes plea national

3-17-04, 10:45 p.m.

BY GEOFF HOBSON

Wearing a Bo Jackson Raiders’ jersey, Bengals running back Corey Dillon took his campaign national to get traded from Cincinnati to Oakland Wednesday night by declaring a deal is on the table.

“I think I look good in the Silver and Black,” Dillon said on “The Best Damn Sports Show.”

Asked by Hall-of-Fame running back Eric Dickerson why he would want to play for a team that traditionally doesn’t feature a running back, Dillon pointed to the arrival of new Raiders head coach Norv Turner.

“Times have changed with the new head coach up there,” Dillon said. “He wants to run the ball, he wants one guy that can carry the load, and I’d like to be the guy.”

To the wide-eyed amazement of a panel that has heard just about everything, Dillon continued to hammer home his desire to leave despite two years left on his contract. He called right tackle Willie Anderson, “a bum,” said his power struggle with head coach Marvin Lewis “got a little out of control,” and that his agent has extracted enough from a team believed to be the Raiders for a trade proposal to be put in front of the Bengals.

Lewis had no comment.

Anderson said of Dillon, "I've got a lot of respect for that man. He's a man of God and I respect what he's given to the organization. . .I can still be his teammate. I understand what has been said is out of frustration."

I take back all the references I ever made to Big "Mouth" Willie. I think that, between the two of them, the "real man" is clear.

If dillon doesnt go anywhere this year then he stays here he wont play so does that lower his value after next year?  :huh:

I think it would. A year out of the game, at his age? I don't see how that could help but lower his value.

Man, I'm really shocked that he would go over the top like that. I knew he was on tilt, but from what you all say, it sounds like he's completely out of control. Who does he think this helps? I almost hope he does end up sitting out a year. Wouldn't that mean a year without income? And wouldn't he still be under contract for the remaining two years?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Brown family played hardball with Dillon. Of course, nothing the Browns do would actually surprise me, but on this one issue they do have the example set by the Eagles with Duce Staley. Duce wasn't as bad - he didn't hate the coach or the team - in fact what he wanted was a contract extention that would keep him with the Eagles - but he was similar to Dillon in speaking out and holding out. But the Eagles didn't give in. They waited him out, and used him last season in a running-back-by-committee, then let him become an unrestricted free agent when they were ready.

The Bengals can do the same thing with Dillon, if they want. Dillon then can sit out and lose value; come back, suck, and lose value; or come back, play hard, and audition for the rest of the league.

Man, I really used to root for the guy...

He rules. I loved the interview. Im a huge CD fan no matter what happens.

I hope this is sarcasm and if it's not I gave to the foundation that supports you. :D

Its very much not sarcasm. What he said about Willie was classic. I loved it. They asked him "Will Willie make the pro bowl next year" and dillon said No, plus he said he would give willie liquid diets.

check the whole thing here.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?cont...ntentId=2240356

Man, I really used to root for the guy...

As did we all. Too bad those days are gone, as is he. Bye Corey. It's been real, and it's been fun, but right now it's not any fun. See ya' later, and have a good life. <_<

Personally I'm glad I missed the interview on that second rate show in the first place. However I did get to watch a very funny South Park and Dave Chapelle. I'm glad I didn't see Dillon make an ass out of himself. I think the dummest thing Dillon said,was that he was in a power struggle with Lewis. -----WTF..? He's the running back, and ML is the Coach, Corey Dillon is no Ray Lewis. I could see Ray Lewis making that comment, because in all honesty... Ray Lewis is the reason the Ravens have had success.His teammates turn to him for answers,not the coaches or management.He is the fire that keeps that franchise hungry,not Bilick. ---To me," Dillon's powerstruggles" is the dummest thing that could have out of his mouth...

Anyone see the NFL NETWORK's game of the week, between "Cincy and K.C. " last year..? When Cincy won, Dillon hugged Marvin Lewis and said .." you a good ass coach ".

Doesn't sound like a Power struggle to me..as Who Dey and Kirk will admit too, I've been the biggest supporter of Dillon probably on this forum, but I can't in good judgement support an DumnASS !.----Somebody Remind Dillon that statements he makes about the team now were preceded by hanging onto ML's jock strap 4 months ago.

Tiger,

Too bad I don't see Dillon becoming a suck-ass.

As a matter of fact, I see Dillon becoming next year's Stephen Davis.

No doubt, Dillon is a plague. However, the guy had 1500 yards rushing behind one of the worst Offensive Lines in the league. We're also talking about a player that had the single-game rushing record at one time (until Alexander broke it).

He may be a total ass, but we can't doubt his skills. The man is a very talented runner.

He rules. I loved the interview. Im a huge CD fan no matter what happens.

Whats up Kitna? I know you from Bengals Insider....(I'm Vitamin E)

anyways, I saw that too....I was pissed....that even further undermines his trade value, he just basically told his O Lineman that hes a girl....EVEN if he did come back, I'm sure Willie would probably convienently miss his assignments...(or maybe not) but now I see why GM's are offering what they are....his dumb ass keeps talking, so eventually we will have to ship him for a 3rd round pick....after what he said, f**k it, let him go....I mean he did say he appreciated the fans, but I mean, your actions state otherwise; I felt like he s**tted on the organization as a whole....and on that note, I'm done f**king with him....

in fact, I've already traded him to the Detroit Lions for their first overall pick in Madden '04 :lol::lol:

(And we can't get a second rounder for him?)

Uploading my NCAA '03 season, I'm gonna get Gamble, he's the top rated player in the entire draft class....no joke....I'm in the market for a new RB, I didn't re-sign RUDI....he's only a 70 in that game....

Man, I'm really shocked that he would go over the top like that. I knew he was on tilt, but from what you all say, it sounds like he's completely out of control. Who does he think this helps?

WHy are you shocked? Man, Dillon himself said he 'keeps it real'......now lets hope keeping it real doesnt go wrong.....(for CD and the Bengals)