Stadium Naming Rights

ArmyBengal

Which stadiums rights are going to sell for more .... a 2 and 14 team ???? or one that has just been to the play offs for the first time in umpteen years and getting a ton of free pub from the press ????

Even Jerry Jones knows that it's worth more now. Again ... it's the bottom line.

Good point, but that seems like a big risk for Mikey to take. Would he have the confidence that his Bengals of 12 consecutive poor seasons will turn it around soon enough to get him a good deal with a sponsor in the next few seasons after the 2-14 debacle (granted, that is what happened, but how could the most cautious owner in football be so sure)? You could be right, I don't know, but I don't think what you're saying really fits the personality Mike would have to have for your accusations to be accurate. Even a bad team can get a good deal on with a sponsor for a brand new stadium, and I'd expect that your version of Mike Brown would take the chance as soon as possible.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about potential candidates for naming rights, here's my take:

• P&G--- Unlikely as their brands target primarily women. Exception is Gillette, but they already have a stadium. Only possibility is civic pride (doubtful) or Wallstreet/Investor positioning. Net, no way.
  • Kroger--- same as P&G in that they are not targeting men.
  • Skyline or Goldstar--- Actually either of these is a good fit, but given they are local only, they don't have nearly the kind of marketing budgets necessary.
  • Valvoline--- This is a good fit and a distinct possibility. Headquartered in Lexington and target men.
  • Cintas--- hmmm, maybe the kind of bold move this locally HQ'd company could consider to bolster national exposure and Wallstreet credibility.
  • Cincinnati Bell--- Maybe, but probably out of their league. But, by saying this, Jack Cassidy will probably feel compelled to step up.
  • Toyota--- North American HQ here, and they have the marketing goals and budget that could make sense.
  • NCR--- A business to business player HQ'd in Dayton, this could make sense for them to increase national stature.
  • Fifth Third--- May be a way for them to continue to generate national exposure. Already playing the naming rights game on a smaller scale.
  • National City--- May be a way for them to compete with 5/3 and US Bank.
  • Wendy's--- a big time marketer based in Columbus that needs to improve its share of the young adult male market, and is showing an interest in sports marketing.
  • Sam Adams--- has brewery here in Cincy and this could be a bold move for them. But then again all the other players would be pissed... why not Chad Field?
  • Chiquita--- uhh no.
  • Mentos--- love this one. Their NA HQ is in NKy, but unlikely as they are small budget.
  • Scott's Fertilizier--- This actually makes a ton of sense for this Ohio based company, except, oops, Field Turf. Hey it is always green!
  • AK Steel--- Sorry guys we cant pay your medical cuz we spent it on naming rights. Ouch.

My pick in terms of favorite that is a reasonale potential is........ TOYOTA.

Mikes making money and every one of us knows it. He just isn't making enough to suit him ... and most likely never will. I seriously ... seriously doubt that he NEEDS the addtional revenue. I'm absolutely convinced that he wants and covets the additional revenue and will sell his old mans name to get it.

You're amazingly fugtarded. Mike Brown has always had the opportunity to sell the rights and pocket money, but instead he used his own money to purchase the rights so that his father could be honored. The only reason he's currently considering selling the rights he had paid for is due to the new CBA which dictates that if he doesn't maximize available revenue streams he has to compensate the other owners for the uncollected revenue or surrender any of his own revenue sharing claims.

Jesus Christ you guys just can't resist the urge... I give up, lets turn every thread into why Mike Brown is trying so hard to do the right thing and is only reacting to the stupid CBA that was agreed to even though he adamantly fought against it.

F*CK F*CK F*CK !!!!

NOT WHODEY !!!

Jesus Christ you guys just can't resist the urge... I give up, lets turn every thread into why Mike Brown is trying so hard to do the right thing and is only reacting to the stupid CBA that was agreed to even though he adamantly fought against it.

F*CK F*CK F*CK !!!!

NOT WHODEY !!!

Welcome to no-man's-land, Army. Mikey is neither devil nor saint...but all taking that position will get you is blasted by both sides. All you can do is hunker down in the muddy foxhole and contemplate writing the football sequel to "All Quiet on the Western Front."

Sell the naming rights? Sure, why not? All Mikey does is remind us constantly that this is a business, that every $$$ must be watched, that we can't afford to be competitive, etc. So...get competitive! Does it suck that we have to go from PBS to "GoDaddy.com Field" or somesuch? Yup. No doubt. But -- and I have quoted the late Jimmy Durante many times before -- "Dem's da conditions dat prevail." Sell the f**kin' things. Sell 'em to Exxon. "Put a Tiger on Your Field." Eh? :lol:

Pork Colliseum

Have the U.S. Congress sponsor the stadium?

THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!

I can hear Brad Johansen now...

And it's beautiful day here at Earmark Field at Pork Barbecue Stadium in Cincinnati! Cincinnati Bengals football...brought to you by your local Senator and Representatives! Remember...when it comes to bringing home the bacon...no one does it better than your local lawmakers! Vote...today!!!![

Another idea being discussed is possibly to sell the naming rights to the playing field inside Paul Brown Stadium.

"I guess all those things are possible," Brown said.

"I haven't sorted them out to that extent. Heck, the good news is we have so many millions of blades of grass, so we have great opportunities."

I love this quote.

Hey Mike, you don't have grass anymore. Remember, you couldn't grow grass so now you have field turf.

BJ, that is some of the most ignorant SH*T I've ever seen !!!

WHODEY !!!

F*CK F*CK F*CK !!!!

NOT WHODEY !!!

Welcome to no-man's-land, Army. Mikey is neither devil nor saint...but all taking that position will get you is blasted by both sides. All you can do is hunker down in the muddy foxhole and contemplate writing the football sequel to "All Quiet on the Western Front."

Sell the naming rights? Sure, why not? All Mikey does is remind us constantly that this is a business, that every $$$ must be watched, that we can't afford to be competitive, etc. So...get competitive! Does it suck that we have to go from PBS to "GoDaddy.com Field" or somesuch? Yup. No doubt. But -- and I have quoted the late Jimmy Durante many times before -- "Dem's da conditions dat prevail." Sell the f**kin' things. Sell 'em to Exxon. "Put a Tiger on Your Field." Eh? :lol:

My point to it is there are two posts going on here, one to discuss all the dumbsh*t like the how the CBA plays into the naming rights and then there is THIS thread asking what you WOULD or WOULD NOT like to see the stadium named... This is not a difficult concept and as far as taking it from both sides ?? Bring it !!!

WHODEY !!!

Simple:

The Jungle

Naming rights not always such a good thing, up here in Chicago the White Sox went through hell for naming stadium US Cellular Field (nickname: The Cell). United Center couple years ago were close to losing the name when UAL was Chapter 11. I seem to recall reading an article about Baltimore being held with the bag to pay for changes to stadium name after the old name (someone help me out with the name?) went black and they had to change over. Houston also had problems with Enron and now it is a damn juice box.

Some names just plain suck, how bad is Indianapolis- naming stadium after some family oil company

And the Mike Brown man-love from TNBT continues!

Someone check his IP and make sure the address doesn't originate at Pete Rose Way!

He's becoming delusional! :lol:

It's not man love, it's respect. Perhaps you should learn some.

Here is an idea...

Why don't we call it Paul Brown Stadium??!?!?!?!?

That would be the preferred choice. However, it might not stay named after a great man.