Chad's pride the only thing hurt.

schnarfer

After Chad's antics on the field I am now poised for his trade off this team. He has a terrible game, drops a huge pass and then gets "hurt" , carted off the field olike he has a serious injury and then, wow, he is completely fine and back on the plane with the team. I am a huge CJ fan but after that sh!t today I say good riddence. His pride was hurt so he embelishes an injury to take focus off his terrible play today. I have no sympathy for him and his trade value can get us much more than he is worth. period.

After Chad's antics on the field I am now poised for his trade off this team. He has a terrible game, drops a huge pass and then gets "hurt" , carted off the field olike he has a serious injury and then, wow, he is completely fine and back on the plane with the team. I am a huge CJ fan but after that sh!t today I say good riddence. His pride was hurt so he embelishes an injury to take focus off his terrible play today. I have no sympathy for him and his trade value can get us much more than he is worth. period.

No way. I just bought his jersey 3 months ago!

Hes not the only reason this team lost today or any other day. He is in a slump right now and needs to find a way to get out of it, but i dont know if i really want to trade him. He just needs to find his mojo again and i think he will be ok, now the defense on the other hand im not to sure that can be saved by anybody. So i say keep Chad and get rid of Marvin and the pathetic coaches hes got behind him cause i had enough of him.

Chad's bullsh!t injury and the dramatics he pulled is rediculous. How do you get carted off the field with a neck injury and then hop on a plane to cincinati. It is an obvious immaturity and that is the last draw for this fan. I love him as a player but he is killing this team and that was a perfect example of how he does it. When you have a bad game you bounce back..not embelish and horse sh!t injury to take focus off of his game changing drop. His ego is way to much for this team...trade him and get alot of value while you still can

Chad's bullsh!t injury and the dramatics he pulled is rediculous. How do you get carted off the field with a neck injury and then hop on a plane to cincinati. It is an obvious immaturity and that is the last draw for this fan. I love him as a player but he is killing this team and that was a perfect example of how he does it. When you have a bad game you bounce back..not embelish and horse sh!t injury to take focus off of his game changing drop. His ego is way to much for this team...trade him and get alot of value while you still can

You guys are nuts.

There are about 11 other reasons why this team sucks and Chad isn't one of them.

Okay, so I have boycotted the Bengals until they win again (after busfares and bar tabs, it isn't worth the time I lose in studying--it is not that I am a fair weather fan), so I didn't get to see the game today. What makes Chad's injury such BS? Neck injuries are serious and should not be taken lightly, so are we just complaining that when Chad is getting precautionary medical attention, or did something else happen on the field which would suggest that the "injury" was not serious and blown out of proportion?

do you think he asked to be carted off the field? the nfl is very precaucious. what do you think the injury was, a leg injury? no, he got hit on the head and was probably rocked. remember last season when he got hit hard and was woozy after and talked gibberish in his interview? something similar could have happened to him today. i watch boxers get KO'd and get carted out of the ring and then conducting an interview later in the day.

Okay, so I have boycotted the Bengals until they win again (after busfares and bar tabs, it isn't worth the time I lose in studying--it is not that I am a fair weather fan), so I didn't get to see the game today. What makes Chad's injury such BS? Neck injuries are serious and should not be taken lightly, so are we just complaining that when Chad is getting precautionary medical attention, or did something else happen on the field which would suggest that the "injury" was not serious and blown out of proportion?

Chad dropped a potential game changing pass late in the 4th. It was a hoorible drop that was solely his fault..He followed it up with another drop and was hit on the shoulder and then obviously embelished the injury to take light off his bad play...(hence the immediate exit from hospital after such a dramatic exit). Watch the replay..it will be all over the news as he will be described as a faker and a head case...I hate it as much as the next die hard fan. I am embarrassed after what he did and lost a ton of respect for him...

Chad dropped a potential game changing pass late in the 4th. It was a hoorible drop that was solely his fault..He followed it up with another drop and was hit on the shoulder and then obviously embelished the injury to take light off his bad play

I won't pile on. In fact, I usually watching other games and don't post on game day, but I signed on today just to get an update on Chad's condition. Frankly, I didn't figure he was badly hurt, and had my own suspicions that he after his third drop of the day he was just making a dramatic exit. But you never know so I came looking for an update.

Happy to hear his sucking wasn't fatal. <_<

Chad wasn't being a baby....he tried to get up and he couldn't. You think those thoughts go through his head while he just got rocked? No. He couldn't think.

On another side though, where did Watson and the running game go today? 4 carries? Why not go back to the pitch and see what happens....it worked for a while but today we just ran Rudi up the middle for -2.

Color me confused.

Johnson’s talkative, boastful nature can rub opponents the wrong way, Whitner said after the game.

“Great players … you rarely get a great hit on them because they’re going to see you out of the corner of their eye, and they’re going to get down,” Whitner said. “So when you get a chance to hit a guy that talks so much, and everybody I had this week (said) 'Please hit Chad Johnson.’ And that’s how everybody feels, especially when you have a good player that talks so much.”

Early in the fourth quarter, with the Bengals up 21-19, Palmer hit Johnson in stride at the Bengals 42-yard line on a crossing pattern. Johnson dropped the ball but looked to have a seam in the defense and a good chance to score.

Whitner and Johnson had words at the end of that play.

“I saw Chad looking at me,” Whitner said. “He wasn’t looking at the football. That’s probably why he dropped it. He told me, 'I’m going to get that.’ I said, 'OK, next time you come across there I got something for you.' I didn’t try to hurt him or anything. It was a clean, legal hit.

“They said he had movement in all his parts, so that’s good. I hope he’s healthy and able to play next week or the following week.”

We'll never know whether he faked it or not. After I saw the play, my gut told me he was faking - he was embarrassed and wanted to draw attention away from his piss poor performance and didn't want to be on the field anymore. Chad's been hit hard plenty of times before and this one seemed no different. In fact, he made a very good sideline catch earlier in the game after which his head slammed to the turf. It looked worse than Whitner's hit imo. If he wasn't faking, obviously I hope he gets better and I'll feel like an ahole, but like I said, I think it was BS.

In fact, he made a very good sideline catch earlier in the game after which his head slammed to the turf. It looked worse than Whitner's hit imo.

Exactly what I thought. The first one looked brutal. I haven't seen an angle yet that shows his head or neck involved in the second hit, so yeah, probably some of Chad's inner drama queen coming out.

I thought he got hit in the lower left rib cage/flank....possibly knocking the wind out of him, possible rib injury, possible spontaneous pneumothorax. Coul've been the way his head went into the turf.....dunno. He never wet limp, never looked like consciousness was an issue. But it was a tremendous sandwich type hit, and I don't care that they carted him off......precautions are precautions. Any wrong move in recovering a player off the field could have detrimental effects physically. I think they did the right thing.....and with what happened in Buffalo earlier this year...they did the right thing in my eyes. I don't think it was full on acting by CJ. I think he was truly in pain and there were too many variables not to take those precautions.

Bills safety's and corners can hit, they knocked out L. Coles for the jets last week so that he couldnt play today.

Not saying that it was the same hit or even that they do it often but other people apparently have gotten laid out by them

Safties and corners are supposed to hit?? Dang, how come the Bengals didn't get the memo? JJoe and gang think it is a game of touch!

In fact, he made a very good sideline catch earlier in the game after which his head slammed to the turf. It looked worse than Whitner's hit imo.

Exactly what I thought. The first one looked brutal. I haven't seen an angle yet that shows his head or neck involved in the second hit, so yeah, probably some of Chad's inner drama queen coming out.

I think if you go back. That was really the hit that knocked Chad out of the game. You could tell after that hit Chad was woozy. Chad should never have been in the game to receive that second hit.

Being a huge chad fan, I hope he never returns to this team and is put on IR for the rest of the year. Give TJ his money, f**k Chad. Im done with him.

Whining pu$$ies..all of you. Give back all the high fives and fantastic plays Chad has given this team. He had one terrible drop this week. ( Carson leaves his receivers very exposed to get crushed, TJ willagree, Henry doesnt really try for those balls either) Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, Terrel Owens all suffer from bad drops. Hell the Browns had two in a row on their go ahead TD. They overcame...and won. Put all your angst on one player. Why dont you go over the middle like that. Im sure you all would suffer from alligator arms.

Also, I DO NOT want TJ as the No1 on this team. He flourishes as No 2. He will disappear as No 1. And he is lucky Henry is back this next week or he would be on an island by himself. A place he has never, ever been on this team.

I didnt think this team could tackle worse each week but I am proven wrong.

I didnt think Carson was a genius but I also didnt think he would take yet another kneel down p***y sack again.

I know what Chad is. I am not sure what we have in Palmer, but until he can start to lead this team, on and off the field, then this team will be no more than mediocre.

Johnson is not the problem -get what a 2nd witha trade - What would the front office do with a 2nd round draft pick anyway - Id rather have Johnson than another failed stab in the dark.

Get better Chad - These same people will be cheering for you when you return, just like they a have when you were on your way to break every Bengals receiving record.

I've never been as much a Chad fanboy as many on this team...and I've also not gone overboard with the 'trade Chad NOW' stuff as some have also done. My gut tells me that Chad got hit hard twice yesterday. I would say he got some serious concussion. On the second hit I'd say he might have gotten some whiplash and probably exacerbated his concussion, but obviously I'm not his doctor nor on the field. I do know that it doesn't take a hard second hit to make a concussion a lot worse.

I don't have reason to think he was faking. If he was, sure, that's candyass. But I don't think he was.

Look, I think this game could be something that turns Chad around. He started about a month ago blaming everybody else under the sun, and I was sick of that crap while others defended him. Yesterday I saw a guy who knows HE has been screwing up. He has a chance to do some much belated growing up looking back on this game. Let's hope he heals up and the coaching staff convinces him to stop doing everything himself. If he does that, he'll be OK.

I thought he was faking/exaggerating, too. It reminded me of the scene in Jerry McGuire where Rod Tidwell lays on the turf forever. I replayed it a couple of times in slo mo on the DVR and it was just wasn't that big of a hit (and it was mostly on the shoulder). I would guess that this would hurt his cred with some of the veteran leaders on the team, except that the Bengals don't have any veteran leaders.

Cant say that I like all of chad's antics but when a man get hit hard in the lower rear of their skull, they are gaurenteed to atleast have their vision partially distorted, if not blacked, as well as a jolt sent down their spine. That is a poorly protected part of the skull. The vision nomalizes quickly but it can scare the hell out of a person, and med staff will always err on side of caution with a head/kneck injury. A hit to that area of the skull also causes many concussions so I think we all must give him the benefit of the doubt on this one and just be glad for him as a Human Being that he is OK.